UPDATED Fever Mentorship Program Development | Page 2 | Gaming Community | FeverClan

UPDATED Fever Mentorship Program Development (1 Viewer)

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Not Felicia Day
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Hey @Snailey: [MENTION=34267]Kesem[/MENTION]

So, With the logs for the mentors, do you think it'd be feasible to set up a sub forum within retention dept for their logs? So it would go something like this

Retention Dept. Forums > Mentorship Logs > (Thread title = Kodexx's Log) > Posts in thread are updates specific to that mentor

Therefor people have somewhere their own to track their actvity, this also allows us to see at one glance if they are active or not instead of digging through everybodys logs in one thread

Snailey

May 24, 2013
Ohio
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

I like the idea of a single mentor personal log. I was thinking that and with the accoutability issue we been trying to figure out, this might be the solution to this.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Not Felicia Day
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

I like the idea of a single mentor personal log. I was thinking that and with the accoutability issue we been trying to figure out, this might be the solution to this.
Exactly, I feel as using this type of log system, we would be able to see okay "Mentor A" has posted an update every single day, his thread is always top 3 in the subforum, He appears to be very active and hard working. however, "Mentor B's" Log is consistently towards the bottom of the sub forum and has not been updated in 8 days, We may need to talk to Mentor B and resolve the issue.

Expanding on this, we could make a simple template they would need to use every post to keep all logs uniform.

-example-
Mentor: Snailey
Mentee: Kodexx
Actions completed: Introduced Kodexx to Kesem, so they could speak about Kodexx joining retention dept.
Questions answered: How to get more coins, how to rank up
Misc.: Played several games of CS:GO with Kodexx to introduce him to some other players

End.

-

Something along those lines maybe?

Snailey

May 24, 2013
Ohio
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

THat is what I was thinking. I do not htink thought it would need to be that detailed but it can be though.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Not Felicia Day
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

THat is what I was thinking. I do not htink thought it would need to be that detailed but it can be though.
Either way works. So, Do you know what departments we will need help from in what aspect?

The previous issue we had was how to properly pair mentees with mentors. We settled before on trying to pair mentors with mentees that played similar games. However with the new layout it may not matter

Snailey

May 24, 2013
Ohio
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

We want to mat mentee's with mentors based on several criteria. First is proximity of time zone locale. It would not work if the mentee is in the US and the mento is in Euorpe. I feel there will be time conflict. Second crieteris is common games they play. It would not work fully if they play seperate games on might have interest in MOBA's and the other just like MMO's. I feel fullest connection and most success come from common interest.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Not Felicia Day
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

We want to mat mentee's with mentors based on several criteria. First is proximity of time zone locale. It would not work if the mentee is in the US and the mento is in Euorpe. I feel there will be time conflict. Second crieteris is common games they play. It would not work fully if they play seperate games on might have interest in MOBA's and the other just like MMO's. I feel fullest connection and most success come from common interest.

I agree 100% with that, Maybe, we create a very short questionnaire that all Mentors fill out one time, and the mentee does the same, we keep the mentors on record and then we just pair the mentees answers to the mentors, whoever has the most in common with the mentee is paired with said mentee (so long as time zone permits).

First thing that came to mind was that, im sure theres other ways to go about it too

Snailey

May 24, 2013
Ohio
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

Well that will be figured into the Mentor Training.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Not Felicia Day
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Well that will be figured into the Mentor Training.
Ah okay,

Do you think it would be feasible to give one to the mentee as well?

Snailey

May 24, 2013
Ohio
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

This is where I am little confused about. I feel that criteria matching mentors to mentees, will be based on thier application. We do ask some questions like games they play where they are from and such. Also some of this information will be in thier profiles.

Users who are viewing this thread