The Future of FeverClan -- 2022 | Gaming Community | FeverClan

The Future of FeverClan -- 2022 (1 Viewer)

Bogo

Clan Founder
Clan Rank
Clan Founder
Clan Founder
Apr 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
www.feverclan.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

29%

The Future of FeverClan

Why FeverClan?

FeverClan exists so anyone can play games, hangout, and have fun. Basically an escape to the daily grind of life. All people from all walks of life are welcome -- however, this doesn't mean that we're going to make everyone happy, in every situation. I've always tried to balance the wants and needs of the community to benefit the largest number of people.

Recently, there has been a split among the FeverClan leadership. I do not believe that disbanding FeverClan is the best course of action going forward, as explained to me by the leadership council during my absence. Call it what you will, but I whole-heartly believe that removing the website, clan tags, ranks, and jobs -- is disbanding FeverClan. I do not think it's right to throw away all of the hard work that thousands of FeverClan members have put in over the years.

There are not many games out there that pique my interest. Honestly, after the meeting with the previous Fever leadership council and hearing 'how much better FeverClan has run since I've been gone' and 'we don't want you back'. I thought about walking away from gaming and communities and calling it a day. But, part of me doesn't feel that is right. I want there to be a place people can get on, have fun, hangout with others. I've always wanted FeverClan to have a family atmosphere and I think we do a damn good job of exemplifying that family feel.

FeverClan is one big family that has differences of opinions and different ideas on how to move forward. On the surface it seems one side wants to remove everything Fever related. I want to Keep FeverClan going for another 15 years. I want everyone to be happy -- here, there, or anywhere. Life is too short and shitty for people not to be happy. Those of you that truly know me, will understand -- that's all I really care about -- Playing games and having fun. I don't like drama and I don't like bullshit.

That is why I started with explaining to the leaders that I wanted to start a new chapter. I wanted to make some operational changes and I wanted to start a 'new chapter' per se. I wanted to start fresh and clean with everyone. I know it's a ridiculous idea, but I really wanted to bury the proverbial hatchet and start a new page with FeverClan -- little did I know this is how it would turn out. This for everyone -- I want to start a new chapter and write a new chapter of FeverClan.

Jobs (Admin - Sr. Admins):

Currently we're going to have a limited number of jobs and grow from there as needed or requested. The goal is to minimize the amount of overhead to each of the sections and jobs. At the end of the day, we're a gaming community and I really want us focused on playing games and having fun. That is why I wanted to eliminate some of the 'oversight' positions and the HR department.

Most of the current jobs are going to be focused on gaming, gaming positions, and social positions. Ryan Hylia is also going to be leading a recruiting department to assist with the gaming section
Discord:

Channel's -- The goal is to slim down the overall number of channels, but if we're going to have people using the channels for games. We'll make the channels and we can have a channel for it. For now, I think as requested/wanted we can add discord channels for anything or any game. If people are going to use them, we can have them.

Tags -- Right now the tags have changed to the slimmer FC | NAME instead of |Fever| NAME, also we've dropped the need for a rank within discord.

Ranks:

There has been a desire to remove the current military ranking structure from FeverClan. I have had this desire for probably 7+ years now, however, I have this concern. Every community previously, including the 2 previous community I lead and/or created -- as soon as the rank structure was removed -- the communities died. So we've kept ranks alive, although, sadly, neglected.

Now seems like a great time to remove the ranking system. Especially since on the discord we've updated to a:

Sr. Admin > Admin > Sr. Member > Member

However, I would like to get some feedback. There are some members that use the forums and enjoy using the forums. There are also some members that enjoy just using discord for everything. Both of which are totally acceptable and boil down to a personal preference. Why now allow people to have both options for ranks? We can slim down the ranks on the forums, possibly bring back some of the automated rankups for posts, activity, etc and then have their forum rank equal out to our primary ranking structure on Discord. Those people whom enjoy using the forums and having a ranking structure can still do so, those that wanted a slimer, less complicated system, will get that too, because you'll only see a few groups on discord and no ranks. I think the color-coded structure should be straight forward enough.

Feedback is EXTREMELY important. Good, bad, indifferent -- the feedback is great to have. Nothing is ever set in-stone with me. I have great idea sometimes, but when it comes down to rubber meeting the road -- it's shit. I've had great ideas brought and approved by me that came out shitty. It happens -- it happens to all of us. You never know until you try something. I would rather be trying to make progress and get stuff done, than do nothing at all. So bring things up, we'll give it a try, if it doesn't work, we'll tweak it or remove it.

I am Bogo and if I didn't want feedback, I wouldn't have founded FeverClan :)

Speaking with people lately, I'm disappointed in how some of the plans actually translated in practice. I am disappointed in myself for not catching these issues sooner -- but don't be afraid to say something. Even if you come to me and say this is stupid -- we'll let's see what's going on and what we can tweak. We're a gaming community -- this is suppose to be super easy, simple, and fun. If it's not, we need to figure out what we can do differently!

There's more to come, stay tuned!

Clan Members

Reactions: 3 users

|Fever| AdventureRumple

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Private
Private
Apr 10, 2022
Activity

0%

Longevity

0%

Questions:
Ranks: So instead of military ranks we have colored ranks? Sr. Admin > Admin > Sr. Member > Member. what colors will be used?

Games: I think it may be good to decide which games with channels are still active and have interests. This will help clean up Discord. With that said maybe have a poll on upcoming games to see how many are interested so a channel can be made when the game comes out.

Feedback: Is there currently a process to talk to someone about concerns/issues? I believe that open communications will help this clan succeed. I see if concerns/issues aren't discussed (with respect) it could end up with the loss of members or worse collapse of the clan.

Currently having two Discord channels. I’m not sure if it was stated or not that they don’t have to choice one over the other. Is there a way to resolve this maybe an announcement?

Some questions and more after reading the above post.

AdventureRumple

Last edited:

|Fever| SandiZ

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Decimator
Apr 2, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Activity

0%

Longevity

21%

I'm not sure of the circumstances but I can probably catch up on some details by reading the forums. I'm for whatever changes the communities majority vote falls on. My primary question would be; are the differences quashed (to the extent that everyone is civil at least) and we remain one whole community or are we split up as friends going on different paths?

|Fever| AdventureRumple

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Private
Private
Apr 10, 2022
Activity

0%

Longevity

0%

I'm not sure of the circumstances but I can probably catch up on some details by reading the forums. I'm for whatever changes the communities majority vote falls on. My primary question would be; are the differences quashed (to the extent that everyone is civil at least) and we remain one whole community or are we split up as friends going on different paths?
That is the same question I am asking and curious about as well.

Bogo

Clan Founder
Clan Rank
Clan Founder
Clan Founder
Apr 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
www.feverclan.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

29%

Questions:
Ranks: So instead of military ranks we have colored ranks? Sr. Admin > Admin > Sr. Member > Member. what colors will be used?

Games: I think it may be good to decide which games with channels are still active and have interests. This will help clean up Discord. With that said maybe have a poll on upcoming games to see how many are interested so a channel can be made when the game comes out.

Feedback: Is there currently a process to talk to someone about concerns/issues? I believe that open communications will help this clan succeed. I see if concerns/issues aren't discussed (with respect) it could end up with the loss of members or worse collapse of the clan.

Currently having two Discord channels. I’m not sure if it was stated or not that they don’t have to choice one over the other. Is there a way to resolve this maybe an announcement?

Ranks: I wasn't very clear, I was referring to using the colors instead of putting the ranks back on in discord.

Game: I definitely want to make sure we have a regular interval were we review the active channels and if channels are still needed

Feedback: You can always come to me directly via PM, DM, talk to me on voice. Any of the Admins or Sr. Admins should be able to assist you too.

Two Discords: Sadly, I attempted to make a post/statement explaining the situation but it was removed. Any follow up questions or comments were also deleted on the 'pirate' server.

As far as I am aware, everything is civil and there shouldn't be a need to "split up and go different ways" but that isn't up to me. As everyone that truly knows me will tell you, I am just here to have fun and play games.

Reactions: 1 users

|Fever| AdventureRumple

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Private
Private
Apr 10, 2022
Activity

0%

Longevity

0%

Ranks: I wasn't very clear, I was referring to using the colors instead of putting the ranks back on in discord.

Game: I definitely want to make sure we have a regular interval were we review the active channels and if channels are still needed

Feedback: You can always come to me directly via PM, DM, talk to me on voice. Any of the Admins or Sr. Admins should be able to assist you too.

Two Discords: Sadly, I attempted to make a post/statement explaining the situation but it was removed. Any follow up questions or comments were also deleted on the 'pirate' server.

As far as I am aware, everything is civil and there shouldn't be a need to "split up and go different ways" but that isn't up to me. As everyone that truly knows me will tell you, I am just here to have fun and play games.
Thanks for the clarification.

|Fever| Aussietye

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
10 feet long shlongs. I love them.
Feb 27, 2017
North Carolina
Activity

0%

Longevity

10%

"I do not believe that disbanding FeverClan is the best course of action going forward, as explained to me by the leadership council during my absence. Call it what you will, but I whole-heartly believe that removing the website, clan tags, ranks, and jobs -- is disbanding FeverClan. I do not think it's right to throw away all of the hard work that thousands of FeverClan members have put in over the years."

But then;

"The goal is to minimize the amount of overhead to each of the sections and jobs."

And,

"Now seems like a great time to remove the ranking system."

So how is this any different than the other disc other than the website? Honestly it looks like you are doing the exact same things as them other than keeping a un-used website and getting rid of tags for a gaming community inside of a discord where tags are already defined by colors. Sure show your pride in other discords but isnt having a fever tag inside of a fever discord a little redundant?

Bogo

Clan Founder
Clan Rank
Clan Founder
Clan Founder
Apr 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
www.feverclan.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

29%

So how is this any different than the other disc other than the website? Honestly it looks like you are doing the exact same things as them other than keeping a un-used website and getting rid of tags for a gaming community inside of a discord where tags are already defined by colors. Sure show your pride in other discords but isnt having a fever tag inside of a fever discord a little redundant?

Tags make it easier to distinguish guests and members, is the main reason I like it, but there are several other reasons behind tags.

I wouldn't say the exact same things -- but remember when I mentioned, I wanted to start a new chapter. I never told the Fever leadership no on the ideas, just I thought they should be tweaked.

|Fever| Lord Exinur

Vetted Member
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jun 6, 2014
Secret underground lair, USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

15%

One of the things that I was attracted to in FeverClan is the use of the ranking system, and the awards/ribbons that you could earn through participation and game achievement. It will be sad to see those go.

|Fever| MrCruz

Clan Admin
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Mar 16, 2013
Croatia
Activity

0%

Longevity

18%

One of the things that I was attracted to in FeverClan is the use of the ranking system and the awards/ribbons that you could earn through participation and game achievement. It will be sad to see those go.
Ribbons/Awards will stay like they were before.
Only ranks will be removed better said they will be replaced with only a few ranks compared to old system.

Users who are viewing this thread