Winter

Non-Member
Mar 18, 2015
Canadia
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Now, coming from an avid PC gamer such as myself - I'd be all like "Browser gaming... You mean stuff like Adventure Quest online or Runescape? Remembering those 2D graphics from AQO or those water colour looking graphics from Runescape... you be surprised on how much the world of browser gaming has taken a giant leap into lookinglike top notch games. Hell - when you press fullscreen, You completely forget you're in a browser. The game has the tendency to immerse you so fully, you can hardly believe it's running no problem.

Some of the amazing games I've come across not too lately have amazed me in fluid graphics, soundtrack, gameplay and most of all - Triple A graphics. I couldn't believe I was streaming this game in chrome on the highest settings possible. Below me, I will now set down a few of the games that have changed my perspective entirely on browser games:

Contract Wars

Genre: FPS
User count: 7 million registered users
Plays: 30.3 million
Graphics: AAA
Video:
[video=youtube;Ts1UcGiFLZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1UcGiFLZI[/video]

CW is the world of the near future in which all power decisions are spent by the private military companies (PMC). The advanced weapons and tactics, experienced warriors from whole the world, the most different fighting operations, glory and honor are met among the equal. CW is a whole region of east Europe where interests of two PMC USEC and BEAR have converged.
The game's main highlights are what make it unique to play:

Weapons huge set of modern firearms from all over the world, tactical modifications, unique top-notch weapons, not in the mass-production yet, tuned balance and professional animations for each firearms makes very realistic visual experience.

Role-playing elements experience, skill and credit points accumulation, weapons purchase&maintenance, class-based skill trees, career advancing, 60 ranks, missions and contracts, achievements and other awards, character customization.

Team play awards for tight tactical deceisions, special game modes, clans and clan wars.

Professional special awards for kill streaks and master kills, hardcore modes, rating system, elite Black Division group.

Ballistic FPS:

Genre: FPS
User count: 3 million registered users
Plays: 12 million plays
Graphics: AA
Video:
[video=youtube;UQ7KfSYvQIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7KfSYvQIo[/video]

--Will write in here in ze future about the game.

City of Steam

Genre: MMORPG
User count: 5,000
Plays: 4.5 million
Graphics: AA
Video: [video=youtube;ynmn3DjIDqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmn3DjIDqA[/video]

Main features:

Races: Interesting races with different backstories and their own unique skills.
Classes: Arcanist, Warder, Gunner, Channeler
Pet system
World Class Bosses
Transmutation
Daily events

Last edited:

|Fever| Pheonix

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Master of Names
Feb 18, 2008
Under Raphael's Bed
Activity

0%

Longevity

27%

Those are some pretty good looking graphics for browsing games >.> One thing that lures me to these though is the limitations involved with making browser based games. They tend to have more of an arcade like feel than the mainstream attempted realism nonsense that seems to be the norm now. I haven't been able to consistently play an FPS past COD4 because of that >.<

Winter

Non-Member
Mar 18, 2015
Canadia
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Those are some pretty good looking graphics for browsing games >.> One thing that lures me to these though is the limitations involved with making browser based games. They tend to have more of an arcade like feel than the mainstream attempted realism nonsense that seems to be the norm now. I haven't been able to consistently play an FPS past COD4 because of that >.<

I get you. I enjoy the arcade feel to some FPS games. Ballistic certainly gives off the air of being an arcade style game. But, it's still fun and fully immersive.. Get in, shoot a couple, get a new gun.. get some skill points towards creating a better character and playing again.
If these don't really attract you towards playing them, I'd understand.

blonky

Mar 5, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Yeah this is kind of insane that these are browser games. I almost didn't want to believe you at first haha, Contract Wars seems like something I could get into and play for hours.

M

matrix6977

Can someone explain to me why these games have better graphics then CS:GO? yet that game is so popular

Havok

Non-Member
Feb 11, 2015
Virginia
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

... I'd be all like "Browser gaming... You mean stuff like Adventure Quest online or Runescape...

I'm right there with you man. Before your post, that's exactly what I thought was the best they had to offer in a Web browser. These games look amazing!

...One thing that lures me to these though is the limitations involved with making browser based games. They tend to have more of an arcade like feel than the mainstream attempted realism nonsense that seems to be the norm now. I haven't been able to consistently play an FPS past COD4 because of that >.<

I think I agree with you on that. I like that these two shooters look a little less realistic.

Winter

Non-Member
Mar 18, 2015
Canadia
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Can someone explain to me why these games have better graphics then CS:GO? yet that game is so popular

CS:GO is popular because its brothers were popular. The gameplay is fairly easy if you played the old Counterstrike games and you get hooked. Plus the fact that if you're good enough, you can get worldly recognized in tournaments.

Yeah this is kind of insane that these are browser games. I almost didn't want to believe you at first haha, Contract Wars seems like something I could get into and play for hours.

Well, if you ever want to contact me to play Contract Wars, be my guest :)
I have a clan there - I'm willing to change the name of to Fever - so we can sport our name. Generally CW reminds me of BF3 back in its day.

I'm right there with you man. Before your post, that's exactly what I thought was the best they had to offer in a Web browser. These games look amazing!

Come check them out sometime! I'll be your guide :)

That looks pretty freaking sweet!
If you're ever in the neighborhood, come check it out and play~ Especially looking for people to play CW.

Last edited:

Mango

Non-Member
Feb 18, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

CW lags on my computer on highest settings. And I can run BF4 on maxed out settings at 60fps.
Browser gaming is actually not the future of gaming.

Winter

Non-Member
Mar 18, 2015
Canadia
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

CW lags on my computer on highest settings. And I can run BF4 on maxed out settings at 60fps.
Browser gaming is actually not the future of gaming.

Browser gaming is still being developed for the better of our computers. Currently, Google chrome doesn't like to support Unity games anymore (which all of these games run on said engine) So you're stuck with the lesser browsers to run the games.

For me, I run CW on 30% shadow for less lag. Plus, too much shadow = overclouding when I scoping in with a sniper.

Users who are viewing this thread