Closed: Summer PC builds

A

Agent38ddd

212 EVO is a solid choice for a person on a budget. Lock and load.

Hitman

Aug 25, 2008
Ireland
212 EVO is a solid choice for a person on a budget. Lock and load.

Thanks, was undecided which would be better. It's absolutely massive compared to my AMD stock one though. I put my MB in Performance mode in BIOS and it seems to have started to control the fan spped automatically, its almost silent when I'm browsing but it gets noisy when I boot up a game, so it's alot more bearable now, I may be able to put it off a while and focus on RAM or HDD upgrades instead :)

Edit: Just thought I'd say i put Black Ops II onto all the highest graphics settings and i was still getting 60 FPS, the Radeon 7790 is performing better than I expected :)

Thanks, was undecided which would be better. It's absolutely massive compared to my AMD stock one though. I put my MB in Performance mode in BIOS and it seems to have started to control the fan spped automatically, its almost silent when I'm browsing but it gets noisy when I boot up a game, so it's alot more bearable now, I may be able to put it off a while and focus on RAM or HDD upgrades instead :)

Edit: Just thought I'd say i put Black Ops II onto all the highest graphics settings and i was still getting 60 FPS, the Radeon 7790 is performing better than I expected :)

sounds like that 7790 is kicking some major ass! Very nice. Yeah if you are on a budget the 212 evo is great. Just thought i would point you towards those. they are nice, and quiet. Sometimes they go on sale. I picked mine up for $50 US. so not too bad. but it's still not $35 regular price. lol.

Hitman

Aug 25, 2008
Ireland
sounds like that 7790 is kicking some major ass! Very nice. Yeah if you are on a budget the 212 evo is great. Just thought i would point you towards those. they are nice, and quiet. Sometimes they go on sale. I picked mine up for $50 US. so not too bad. but it's still not $35 regular price. lol.

I've just done a bit of research and there's some liquid CPU coolers i could get from €50-60, so I'll definitely look into them :) And yeah, the 7790 is kicking ass, I'm glad I got the Asus OC version :p

Ravenfist

Non-Member
Aug 3, 2010
The MOON!
And this is my beuty! :p

Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-V LX
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @3,4ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2GB Superclocked
HDD: 1TB Seagate 7200RPM
Case: NZXT Guardian
PSU: Corsair HX 850 W

IMAG0137.jpgIMAG0139.jpg

Teepek

Jul 23, 2013
Arizona
This is a home teater build. I only use it to store my movies files and games on and to play them.

Motherboard: Can't even remember and too lazy to look it up.
CPU: Intel i5 [email protected] I think
RAM: 8GB GDDR 3
GPU: ATI 100-505569 FireGL V8650 Workstation Video Card - 2GB, GDDR4
HDD: 1 80gb (salvaged) with Win7, 5 1TB in RAID 5 for files/games ect
Case: nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum
PSU: Rosewill BRONZE Series 1000W
Sound: On board sound output to Sony HT-CT60 sound bar w/ subwoofer

But the best part is my monitor. I use a Optoma GT750E, HD (720p), 3000 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Gaming Projector projecting to about 100 inch screen on my wall. I won't drag out my pc to take pictures but here is one on my screen.

IMGP1448.jpg