Season 7 (1 Viewer)

hregiment

Apr 24, 2016
Twin Cities
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

With Season 7 fast upon us, I am, once again, faced with the dilemma of what class to choose and what set to start looking for. I haven't spent any time on the PTR, so I am at a loss. I know we have over achievers in the clan, so several of my clan mates have assuredly explored Season 7 in detail. Would you be willing to grace me with the benefits of your accumulated knowledge of Season 7?

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

I have no clue myself, don`t know what class i may be playing, could be i`ll give monks another chance

|Fever| Bob_o

Retired Leader
Clan Rank
Retired Member
Nickname
Bewb_o
Clan Job 1
Fever Clan Historian
Apr 19, 2015
The Abyss
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

I have been on the PTR just a little bit. From what I've seen most classes as are topping out in the GR83+ range solo. 4-mans are in the mid 90GR level. They nerfed the support class roles pretty well. Can't remember what they 4-Man comp was. Think I remember seeing a mix, some where Monk, WD, Wiz, and Monk or Monk, WD, Bard and Wiz. That was a week ago so who knows what it looks like now. Torment 13 is harder but not terribly hard. I was on my Firebirds Wiz and I could stay alive. It took me a while to kill things because of the change to the Firebirds set.

Evincaar

Non-Member
May 30, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

Take this with a grain of salt, because it IS just the ptr and this go around seems to have had very little participation, but the new 4 man 'meta' includes two hell tooth docs as DPS and two...i don't know if you want to call them support? Maybe hybrid is a better term. But they bring the utility in the form of nemesis bracers, strongarms, iceblink, etc and are capable of pulling and grouping monsters. So monk/barb/crusader. Not seeing much in the way of demon hunter at all in four player and very very little wizard. Actually pretty happy to see crusader competing, and with the starter set to boot.

Again, I could be totally off and there might be some super secret group builds that no one has been willing to come off of yet, just sharing my findings from leaderboards and experience on the ptr myself. I can say that docs are crazy strong solo and in groups, pretty solid at farming, and I'm going to move on to barbs next to see how they do. I'll post my findings here in the next few days.

Evincaar

Non-Member
May 30, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

Sorry for the very late update. Work has been nuts, new girlfriend, homeowner stuff, yada yada...

Anyway, I played around with the barb a bit and I can say that I personally don't really care much for it. Looks like the best builds for solo play include the LoN thorns build, which is hard to gear for, and the tried and true raekor/ik build, which I personally find boring. The good news is it would appear as though the barb has a pretty good lock on a spot in group play...as support. Four pieces of raekor, a stormshield, nems, iceblink, etc.

I think everybody knows by now how OP WD is so I won't spend too much time rambling on about that. Very very strong solo players and pretty much the new dps class for group play, I think all the top four player groups are running two WD as dps, running 6pc helltooth (which is the haedrig's gift set this season, mind you) with short man's finger for crazy garg damage and homonculus with sacrifice-provoke the pack for another strong damage multiplier, or henri's for survivability. Many were running the serpent in the offhand or henri's when going solo. Anyway, the moral of the story here is WD are strong and will be played. A lot.

I'm mostly enthralled with how the monk is doing so far. There's a solo 90 running LTK (most are running LTK) but there's one guy at 85 with raiment. And I like me some raiment. Like the barb, monks have a pretty solid lock on group play as support with four pieces of Inna's, strongarms, effacacious toxin, health globe antics, etc. and like always are very capable of running speed rifts. This will likely end up being the class that I start with in season 7.

I haven't had much chance to play around with wiz, DH or sader yet but will try to make time to do so. So far, it would appear as though sader is very viable in group play with a full 6pc of Roland's and sweep attack with the usual support stuff. I'd be interested in finding out how much damage the build actually puts out while maintaining some semblence of healing and support to the group. At first glance it looks like they'd almost have to provide significantly more damage than the other support builds I've seen, but I won't really know for sure until I see it firsthand. But I'm hoping in my heart of hearts that the crusader is capable of a very strong showing in group play this season, as I think it's about time. The DH, at the very least, can start you off with what is probably the strongest speed farming set in the entire damn game, unhallowed essence. That's almost all I know about them this season, but still worthy of note and a strong enough reason to see plenty of them out and about at least those first few weeks while people are farming gear and paragons. Not sure what's up with wizard. I still see a tal's twister wiz and a chantodo's firebird wiz as dps in four man groups, but they're by no means competing for rank 1. There's some interesting stuff going on with a support wiz build using 4pc delsere's and crown of the primus to spread uber-slow times all over paired with black hole-event horizon to swallow up a metric ton of nasty affixes, which are very unique and useful mechanics that no other class has access to, and I'd love to see the build represented somewhere in the top 20 four man groups this season, but all in all I really don't see wiz being represented much in any format this season as it would appear that other classes simply do everything the wiz can do but better.

If I manage to stumble upon any other relevant information or new exciting builds, I'll be sure to post about it here.

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

[MENTION=68697]Evincaar[/MENTION] .. Thanks for this excellent post, keep us updated on your findings !

|Fever| Bob_o

Retired Leader
Clan Rank
Retired Member
Nickname
Bewb_o
Clan Job 1
Fever Clan Historian
Apr 19, 2015
The Abyss
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

Indeed very nice post [MENTION=68697]Evincaar[/MENTION]!

Evincaar

Non-Member
May 30, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

Okay, after much deliberation, I'm going to go with my gut and roll Wizard, and then likely regret it.

My original plan was to roll with DH because they're so solid at farming DBs with the UE set, then transition to a monk once I get those first 800 paragon points. That way I would have access to a good speed farming character, a support character that's in high demand in group play, and monk is making a really damn strong showing on the solo leaderboards with the Raiment build, which I love. So why wizard, then? Because I don't think anyone on the PTR is playing them right. I think we may have a viable hybrid on our hands here, folks.

If anyone reading this has grouped with me, then you know there are two wizard spells I basically have a hard on for. Those spells are Black Hole-Event Horizon and Slow Time with the Crown of the Primus. Not sure how I could fit Black Hole into the build, but I've been playing around with a Firebird's spec that doesn't use Chantodo's and instead uses two pieces of Vyr's to get all the Archon runes, one of which gives you access to a Slow Time that follows you around. This is buffed by the Crown of the Primus, making it a pretty badass group buff. For those that don't know, it creates a bubble around me while in Archon form that:

slows enemy attack speed by 20%
slows enemy movement speed by 80%
slows projectiles by 90% (lots of shit fit this category, not just arrows)
reduces effected enemy's damage by 25%
increases damage taken by effected enemies by 15%
increases attack speed of allies in the bubble by 10%
stuns enemies leaving or entering the bubble

This seems pretty good. In a game where supports got nerfed hard, being able to bring a hefty pile of support to the table seems worth losing the Chantodo's explosion. Also, with the two pieces of Vyr's, I get all the Archon runes, which means I now do fire damage in Archon form. This allows me to ignite mobs while in Archon, something that players using Chantodo's cannot do, as far as I understand, Archon form's cooldown is lowered, which is enormously important, I still get to teleport in Archon, and my Archon abilities get a massive damage buff.

I feel like this is a pretty good trade for losing Chantodo's.

The only thing that may seem like a big drawback about this is: I lose the Swami in the cube, and I lose the stuns from Halo of Arlyse. However, the Swami doesn't double stack Archon stacks anymore and the entire goal of playing Archon is not to spend time outside of Archon, so it really makes sense to just assume you won't be out of Archon for long. As for losing the stuns from the Halo, you stun the shit out of stuff with your slow time bubble. Like, for reals. Everytime you walk up to something, it's stunned. Teleport into a group, they enter the bubble and get stunned. Walk away, they leave the bubble and are stunned. Just stay on the move and you'll be fine.

I really like what I have so far and wish I'd have spent more time working on it in the PTR. I just hope it's as good as I think it is. I have no doubt that the build isn't as capable of damage as a good Helltooth WD, but if I can provide enough support to be considered a support that also brings 500 billion point crits, then I'll take it.

TMOE

Dec 28, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

I feel thge free UE set is too good to ignore. Starting DH feels likea perfect plan.

Users who are viewing this thread