[Question] How to turn of Win 10 update that makes D3 unplayable? (1 Viewer)

|Fever| xenobuzz

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Private First Class
Pvt First Class
May 16, 2021
www.davidglennsimmons.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

2%

Greetings!

I have been having an ongoing issue for the last couple of months with D3 failing to launch. When I start the game, the grey screen appears but does not fill the screen as normal. Instead it's a much smaller rectangle and the error message pop-up is buried underneath so I can't even turn that off. I have to do a hard shut down and restart.

I have a Radeon RTX 480 and I use their Adrenaline software. However, I don't do ANYTHING with this program because it's all beyond my capability and interest. I want to play my games!

At first I thought all that I needed to do was rollback the Adrenaline program and that seemed to work. However, a couple of days later the problem recurred and I rolled it back again while hopefully ensuring that future Adrenaline software updates would be turned off.

Unfortunately, this has not fixed the problem and after asking on Reddit, I'm told that this issue may stem from a Windows 10 update, but I've not been able to find any information on which update to disable or how to do it.

If anyone has experienced this issue, I would appreciate it VERY much if you could point me to a procedure that will allow me to remove and prevent this update from happening so that I can play D3 without worrying whether my next session is going to be delayed by having to roll back Adrenaline 21.6.2 to 21.5.2 AGAIN.

I've attached a full DxDiag report run on August 7, 2021.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    85.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread