Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Index

Mei's Snowball Offensive
Winter Themed Updates
General Updates
Hero Balance Changes
Bug Fixes

A new Brawl has been added to Overwatch, and it has a winter theme. Mei's Snowball Offense ... In this game mode you will find a 6v6 PVP mode, featuring everyone's favourite, Devil in disguise, Mei. You main and alternate fire have been changed to fire 1 snowball, after firing that snowball you have to reload by finding a pile of snow and holding your alternate fire button until the bar is full. One piece of advice I offer is that after you start collecting the snow, you can still move your camera and look around to spot enemies, immediately interrupt your loading if you see someone (with a snowflake on their head, which indicates they have a snowball) going for you. You still have access to your other 2 abilities, but do keep in mind that 1 hit from a snowball and you are dead. This game mode is placed in Ecopoint: Antarctica.

There are 4 achievements for this game mode:

Whap!
Kill an enemy with a snowball from 25 meters away
Reward: Snowcree Spray

Snowed In
Win Mei's Snowball Offensive without losing a round
Reward: Snowmei Spray

Ambush!
Kill 3 enemies while they are picking up snow in one game
Reward: Snowhog Spray

Cool As Ice
Kill 4 enemies without missing
Reward: Snowreaper Spray

Seasonal Maps

Hanamura
King's Row

Skins

Voice Lines

Ana - I'm Watching Out For You
Bastion - Dwee Doo Hoo
D.Va - Aw, You Shouldn't Have
Genji - Merry Chistmas!
Hanzo - A Gift For You
Junkrat - Merry Chistmas
Lucio - Happy Holidays!
McCree - Had To Breat The Ice
Mei - I Got You Something!
Merct - Your Guardian Angel
Pharah - The Forecast
Reaper - Holiday Spirit
Reinhardt - You're On My Naughty List
Roadhog - Ho Ho Ho
Soldier: 76 - Stay Frosty
Sombra - I Know Who's Been Naughty
Symmetra - I Made You Something
Torbjorn - Made To Order
Tracer - It's In The Bag
Widowmaker - Exquisite
Winston - I ... Got You Something
Zarya - For The Motherland
Zenyatta - No Snowflake

Victory Poses

Emotes

Lengendary Emote for Zarya that has 3 different versions that cycle randomly:

Highlight Intros

Sprays

Player Icons

• Added a new “Boop” unlockable voice line for Sombra
  • Players can now select the 1v1 Mystery Duel and 3v3 Elimination game modes from the Custom Game menu
  • Added a “Stay as Team” feature, which allows players to remain grouped with their teammates after the match has ended

Symmetra

• Photon Barrier (New Ability)
    • Replaces her existing Photon Shield ability
    • Generates a large energy barrier in front of Symmetra that blocks enemy fire as it travels forward

• Shield Generator (New Ultimate Ability Option)
    • Symmetra's Ultimate ability now offers a choice between Teleporter and a new option: Shield Generator
    • Shield Generator places a device that grants additional shields to allies within its effective radius (regardless of barriers, walls, or obstacles between them and the Shield Generator)

• Photon Projector (Primary Fire)
    • Range has been increased from 5 meters to 7 meters

• Sentry Turret
    • Turrets that can be carried have been increased from 3 turrets to 6 turrets
    • Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds

• Photon Shield
    • Replaced with the new Photon Barrier ability

• Teleporter
    • Health has been decreased from 200 to 50
    • Shields have been increased from 0 to 350

Zarya

• Particle Barrier/Projected Barrier
    • Attacks like Reinhardt's Fire Strike or Hanzo's Dragonstrike that deal damage to both the barrier and the hero within the barrier, no longer deal damage to the barrier twice

General

• [PS4 Pro] Fixed a bug that could obscure or hide UI elements on a 4K display
  • Fixed a bug that allowed more than one player to select the same hero on the Assemble Team screen, but forced one player to reselect after spawning
  • Fixed a bug that forced players to join Play vs. AI matches when attempting to spectate a friend
  • Fixed a bug causing a black screen to appear if players switched heroes as the round ended
  • [PC] Fixed a bug that allowed the “H” key to close the Hero Select screen even after that function had been bound to a different key

AI

• Bots are no longer able to use abilities or attack enemies after a Control match has ended
  • [Console] Fixed a bug that prevented Ana from being selected in 1v1 matches

Arcade

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from correctly receiving experience after joining an in-progress 3v3 match
  • Fixed a bug preventing BattleTags from being displayed correctly during Highlight Intros and Plays of the Game in 1v1 and 3v3 matches
  • Fixed a bug causing the respawn timer to remain visible during 3v3 matches

Competitive

• Fixed a bug that allowed more than one player to select the same hero in rare situations

Heroes

• Fixed a bug preventing the nameplate above D.Va’s mech from disappearing while being destroyed, and displaying a “0” instead of the player’s name
  • Fixed a bug causing the “You” indicator (which typically only appears during killcam footage) to appear when D.Va looks directly at the ground
  • D.Va’s video tutorial now includes changes made to her Defense Matrix resource mechanics
  • Fixed a bug causing Genji’s sword to clip through its scabbard
  • Fixed a bug causing Junkrat’s Steel Trap animation to play when detonating a Concussion Mine
  • Fixed a bug causing Reinhardt’s hammer to become invisible to some players after using an emote
  • Fixed a bug that interfered with the accuracy of the alternate fire for Roadhog’s Scrap Gun
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players' Ultimate ability voice lines to play uninterrupted, even if they were hacked by Sombra during use
  • Fixed a bug preventing the sound effects from Torbjörn’s hammer from being played when his Ultimate ability was activated
  • Fixed a bug causing Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook to begin its cooldown after going through Symmetra’s Teleporter
  • [Console] Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to receive Ultimate charge when using her Caduceus Staff to increase teammates’ damage when they’re not damaging enemies
  • [Console] Fixed a bug preventing Reinhardt from deactivating his Barrier Field after being hacked by Sombra
  • [Console] Fixed a bug preventing Sombra’s Hack from cancelling Soldier: 76’s Sprint ability
  • [Console] Sombra no longer receives credit toward her on-fire meter when her EMP ultimate hits Symmetra’s turrets
  • [Console] When multiple Sombras attempt to hack a health pack, the player that initialized the hack first will now control it
  • [Console] Fixed a bug preventing Sombra's Opportunist passive ability from seeing practice bots through the walls on the Practice Range
  • [Console] Fixed a bug preventing Sombra’s reticle from consistently expanding while firing her Machine Pistol

Maps

• Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Mercy from using Resurrect in rare situations on King’s Row

Myschief

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2014
Georgia
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I think some of those skins looks really good thanks for posting the patch notes and those. I used to look at Overpwn for that stuff but that website stopped making posts so i haven't kept up with the normal overwatch info.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I think some of those skins looks really good thanks for posting the patch notes and those. I used to look at Overpwn for that stuff but that website stopped making posts so i haven't kept up with the normal overwatch info.

No worries, mate. I'll always try to post all the patch notes, within the 1st week of its release.

heykatie

Non-Member
Feb 22, 2016
how about when mercy tries to resurrect multiple players when around their death markers and only one resurrects -_-

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
how about when mercy tries to resurrect multiple players when around their death markers and only one resurrects -_-

Is that for PC or Console? I've played quite a bit of Mercy on PC, and have never had that happen to me.