Need advice on my barbs (Zbarb and Tbarb) | Gaming Community | FeverClan

Need advice on my barbs (Zbarb and Tbarb) (1 Viewer)

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

(Warning long post)

I`ve been fooling around with this build since late in season 5 and i`m feeling like it`s now achieved adulthood or at least, big teenager :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sigem-1410/hero/76190387

It's a leaping Zbarb build that brings all the bells and whistles needed by a group pushing Grift content and a few extras, or at least i think so, i`ve just been to 92 (EDIT: 95 now) so far but it was both times with wizards and monks that were just barely geared, paragon 600 and had no augments. I would love to get some opinions about it and i would love to find a group that would let me push into 100s

Here's a breakdown with short explanations

Using:
4 piece Might of the earth set for iron impact rune on leap (shoulders, gloves, chest, legs)
Lut socks for triple leaping and more mobility and speed
Leoric's crown for CD reduction
Nemesis Bracers (can be switched for strongarms or Ancient Parthan defenders)
Lamentation belt for 20% increased damage (instead of 10 from Rend) (can be switched for pride of cassius to allow for aquila cuirass in cube or chilanik's chain for speed)
Band of might ring for 55% dmg reduction while leaping and 8 seconds after
Oculus ring for those candy circles
Overwhelming desire amulet for 35% increased dmg on mobs that get charmed
Thunderfury weapon to reduce enemy attack speed
Stormshield for dmg reduction

In Cube:
butcher's sickle for the extra mob drag
Pride of cassius if not wearing it for permanent IP
Obsidian ring of zodiac for CD reduction

Skills:
Ignore Pain - Mob Rule for permanent 25% dmg reduction on group plus immunity to crowd control
Rend - Mutilate for 10% increased dmg for group plus an extra 10% if using lamentation belt and it procs Iceblink gem for 10% critical chance for group
Threatening shout - Falter for 25% increased dmg for group
WarCry - impunity for 20% increased armor and resists for group
Ancient spear - Boulder Toss to heal if necessary (never is so far) and reload leaping ability
Leap - Death from above for mobility and 3 second stun

passives:
Tough as Nails - for armor
Superstition - for resists
Inspiring presence - doubles shout duration and gives group 3% life regen per second
Sword and board - for 30% dmg reduction

Gems:
Moratorium for dmg reduction (i might not need it) or i could use esoteric alteration but again i might not need it
Iceblink gives group 10% crit chance when proced by rend
Gem of efficacious toxin gives group 10% extra damage and 10% dmg reduction

Survival is currently a non issue, i was standing still in Orlash and his friend's death rays for quite some time on 92GR and my health barely moved

So if i compare all that to barbs at the top of the ladder, they use bash for 10% crit on 1 target but they don`t use iceblink, i replace bash with Rend with lamentation belt and iceblink gem for 20% extra dmg and 10% crit chance with an area effect instead of trying to hit that 1 boss or blue in big messy fights. Seems like a nice upgrade to me.
Oh ya, Rend also allows me to spam it to dump fury so i get IP back faster (cause of zodiac ring) for when someone in group died and i need to IP him again quickly.
I also get 3s stuns from leaps that they don`t get unless they use cold rush on their charge instead of merciless.

Now the other difference is, and that's where my questions come in, they use charge to proc strongarm bracers and i don't. I can use strongarms by losing nemesis but i don`t have a way to proc it unless i get rid of ancient spear to put earthquake-cave-in on my bar (and then i lose some mobility). Is that really an issue ? Do we get the same effect if the Wdoc uses strongarms ?

Anything else about the build that you have suggestions for or questions about ? Let me know, i would like to get some critics from the clan but i will post on diablo 3 forums if i don`t get anything and i`d rather keep this build "in clan" for now.

Thanks for reading all that :)

P.S. Oh ya, about my Thorns/Frenzy barb, here`s the link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sigem-1410/hero/75514122
If you can just tell me why i`m not melting mobs on 80+ like advertised, let me know :)

Last edited:

|Fever| NobleLion

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
LIKE A BOSS!
Apr 29, 2015
US Central
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

I wish I could offer more than just an observation on your Thorns/Frenzy Templar wearing a Unity ring... :) but I can't add anything from my own experience. I'd love to chat about both builds though sometime when we're both on TS. Also, it would be great to see other input from our clan mates here.

Thanks for the post! I found it very interesting!
-Noble

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

As an update, i`ve read that lamentation belt doesn`t make the 10% dmg effect double so i`m now using chilanik`s chain for speed

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Recent adjustments to the build :

- Using ancient spear secondary rage flip instead of boulder toss to help in pulling
- Using a hellfire amulet instead of overwhelming desire, charming mobs while pulling has undesirable effects.
- In cube, using blood brother in weapon slot for extra defense
- Switched moratorium gem for esoteric alteration for more resists that will be needed over GR 100

Users who are viewing this thread