Ralic

Clan Member
May 2, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Morning,

With S17 starting up in a week or so, I thought to add a list of goals I'll be working towards. I'm hoping this season will have more interest for me than the previous one. In any case, here's the list:

Play both 'sides'. The 'not worried if I die' side and the 'oh farfigneuggen I've died and have to collect all that gear again' side.

Reach 1000 paragon. Not sure yet if I'm going to focus on one side more than the other, or aim to keep both fairly even and add those 2 up.

Aim for another stash tab. It might not help my D3 hoarding but it's another stash tab. D3 wants me to keep all that gear and such.

Reach at least a GR70 on both sides, and with 2 classes at the minimum.

Participate in more group night activities. I'll be needing a headset for that, I think, so I'll be getting one soon. As most would notice I generally keep to myself and solo just about the whole of the season. I'll help out when I can, of course, but for the most part I run alone. On that note, I will be running solo in HC, no exceptions. I'd rather not be running with a bunch and have my connection sneeze or hiccup. Or myself making a boneheaded move and zigging left when I should have just ploughed straight through the massed horde in front of me to reach the portal.

There's my list, and I'll probably add to it as the season moves onward. Higher GR and paragon the two most likely to be adjusted but seeing into the future is a skill I don't have so anything else will be a surprise for me.

Good hunting, speedy rifts and happy goal reaching in season 17 to all,

Ralic

Reactions: 1 users

Sidonis

Vetted Member
Jul 18, 2018
Columbus, OH
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Well now that I'm back and regular, I'm going to aim for:

Softcore
Necro only
2k Paragon
LoN Command Skeles Group - meta
LoN Mages - GR110
zNec - XP/gem leveling
Pestilancer - Bounties/NR farming
Sage Lancer - DB/gold farming
Master all (4) Set Dungeons

Hardcore
WD only
1k Paragon
LoN Spirit Barrage - GR90
Gargantuan Helltooth - Bounties/NR farming
Sage Tooth - DB/gold farming

SugarShane

Vetted Officer
Sep 18, 2018
FLORIDA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Well now that I'm back and regular, I'm going to aim for:

Softcore
Necro only
2k Paragon
LoN Command Skeles Group - meta
LoN Mages - GR110
zNec - XP/gem leveling
Pestilancer - Bounties/NR farming
Sage Lancer - DB/gold farming

Hardcore
WD only
1k Paragon
LoN Spirit Barrage - GR90
Gargantuan Helltooth - Bounties/NR farming
Sage Tooth - DB/gold farming
jeez, sid.... I hope you have another long season to get this all accomplished. Quite the list.

Sidonis

Vetted Member
Jul 18, 2018
Columbus, OH
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
jeez, sid.... I hope you have another long season to get this all accomplished. Quite the list.

It's not that bad when you're doing it from the start of the season. The WD will be a side project when people aren't on and I take a break from the Necro. I didn't come back until April this season, and knocked out all the DH Set Dungeons, almost 1100 Paragon, farming set for UE DH, GR100 on my Invoker Crusader. Still finished Season Journey through Guardian as well, by taking the DH sets, Invoker, and Rathma to get Years of War (6 different sets, GR55 solo)

Finish the journey through Guardian and play more group stuff since I tend towards solo and haven't really ever done meta groups. But first I need to decide what classes I'm playing. So far I'm thinking about monk/crusader/barb, but maybe WD instead of barb. There are a lot of LON builds I want to try

Aedric

Clan Member
Jan 10, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Personally since we have the LON buff I want to take advantage of that. I usually run DH or wizard but I used to play carnevil many seasons ago. So my plan is to get to 110+ around 1500 paragon probably with a LON carnevil. I haven't played witch doctor in ages though wizard chantados is very tempting.

I shall see how it all develops.

Sidonis

Vetted Member
Jul 18, 2018
Columbus, OH
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Personally since we have the LON buff I want to take advantage of that. I usually run DH or wizard but I used to play carnevil many seasons ago. So my plan is to get to 110+ around 1500 paragon probably with a LON carnevil. I haven't played witch doctor in ages though wizard chantados is very tempting.

I shall see how it all develops.

Was considering this myself, but part of the problem is cooldown reduction becomes much longer on Fetish Army and Big Bad Voodoo without the 2pc of Zunimassa, even with double the fetishes firing darts when you do going from 5 to 10.

Aedric

Clan Member
Jan 10, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Was considering this myself, but part of the problem is cooldown reduction becomes much longer on Fetish Army and Big Bad Voodoo without the 2pc of Zunimassa, even with double the fetishes firing darts when you do going from 5 to 10.

I think using the weapon that reduces cooldown on big bad vodoo is the way to go which has higher attack speed and dagger of darts in the cube is the way to go for 100% uptime on big bad voodoo. I would just use the passive for fetishes. You get max fetishes in the first 10-15 seconds so its a bit slower to start but with 2+ attack speed its not an issue at all. I tried it on the PTR and it worked quite well . Zunimassa is really annoying to run in needing to hit monsters with a mana spender so often. You can replace a skill with fetish army if you want an instant start to a rift but the passive will keep you topped up constantly so no need to recast that.