Looking to get a high end pre built pc | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Resolved: Looking to get a high end pre built pc (1 Viewer)

UntoldTruth

Non-Member
Nov 29, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Before you post: build it yourself, its easy and cheaper, understand I know this. I just do not want to deal with cable management, installing water coolers etc.

Specs I am currently looking at are:
CPU:i7-6800/i7-6850k
GPU:GTX 1060-1080
MOBO:Asus x99 deluxe/Asus rog extreme or anything not gigabyte/msi that can handle 3-4 way sli has good QC, etc
PSU: 80+ 1000w/Gold or better certified
Sound card: Would like a sound blaster z but can not get it as I probably wont have money to get good head phones for awhile anyways.
Wifi:TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Card or something similar but can also pass on this as I can hard wire my pc for now.
Memory:512 ssd for os and important programs-2-4 1tb wd blacks running raid 0
Monitor:22"-28" 4k

Specs can change but I am ultimately looking to be able to run every game on ultimate settings and still get 100+ fps. This includes being able to run Fallout 4/skyim with 4k texture mods etc as well as all games releasing in the next 2-3+ years. I am not buying it any time soon. I know this build even if I bought the parts myself would cost at least $2800 or so and about $3500 pre built. So I am looking to buy this around march of next year. I just know that certain retailers will be much more than another one. So if I build this pc with xidax it might cost $3400 but with origin it might cost $3200 whereas with digital storm or origin it might cost $4400. I have also never bought a pre built pc before. The one I have now is custom built and before that I had bestbuy/circuit city pcs which I really don't count as pre built so I am just not sure who is the better company for this. I know xidax has lifetime support on their base parts(everything that is not considered a peripheral. Ie mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitor etc). But digital storm is for a year and offers up to 4 years and origin is 3 years etc.

Last edited:

|Fever| Gyorn

Retired Leader
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

I'm not aware of the companies you mentioned there, so let me point out just a few things.

GPU:GTX 1060-1080
Ok, but the 1060 is not Highend

MOBO:Asus x99 deluxe/Asus rog extreme or anything not gigabyte/msi that can handle 3-4 way sli has good QC, etc
Although SLI would be debatable, I can assure you, you don't want to run 3-way or even 4-way SLI. Even SLI does only make sense if you're already owning (one of the) strongest single GPUs.

Memory:512 ssd for os and important programs-2-4 1tb wd blacks running raid 0
SSD is fine but think about it again. I'm not sure you know about the big flaw of RAID0: If one of the drive in your RAID0 system fails, your data is lost. And with any additional drive you're adding, the failure possibility is increased exponentially!
If you would really want that, think about a RAID5 solution. A bit more complicated and takes longer to rebuild in case of a failure but at least you can rebuild here - and you've still amazing performance.
RAID level 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10 | Advantage, disadvantage, use

Specs can change but I am ultimately looking to be able to run every game on ultimate settings and still get 100+ fps. This includes being able to run Fallout 4/skyim with 4k texture mods etc as well as all games releasing in the next 2-3+ years.
Sorry if I'm popping your bubble but this won't be possible. Not only because of "Ultra details" is wobbly as hell. Also the mentioned mods are very very different and you simply can't make a statement that such a pc will runn games that way. In addition, you're having engine limitations, where a game is simply bad performing.

TL;DR: I'm not fully sure you can achieve what you want - not with the budget and neven not with 10,000$-

|Fever| Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

I can assure you that you will only achieve 100 FPS, in 4k, with a dual Bridged GTX1080 OCed and that is only if the game is optimized for SLI setups.

Currently an OCed GTX 1080 can run DOOM at max specs, in 4k, barely hitting the 60fps mark (a founders edition will max out at around 40-45fps). However if you play at 1440p you will be able to hit 100+fps with a single OCed GTX 1080.

If you are going to buy it next year, you can pray that Nvidia announces a Ti version of the GTX 1080 and wait for that :p

|Fever| zefirus

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nov 20, 2015
Bel Air MD
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

I can assure you that you will only achieve 100 FPS, in 4k, with a dual Bridged GTX1080 OCed and that is only if the game is optimized for SLI setups.

Currently an OCed GTX 1080 can run DOOM at max specs, in 4k, barely hitting the 60fps mark (a founders edition will max out at around 40-45fps). However if you play at 1440p you will be able to hit 100+fps with a single OCed GTX 1080.

If you are going to buy it next year, you can pray that Nvidia announces a Ti version of the GTX 1080 and wait for that :p

No 4k monitor in a reach can do over 60 hz so 60 is fine. I run 4k on 1080 and as Idol stated get around 60 fps. I also have gsync on my 4k monitor in case there are dips below 60.

Users who are viewing this thread