Pending: Looking to buy new monitor (1 Viewer)

|Fever| Nanbu

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Nov 19, 2015
CA, USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

41%

I will be moving soon and was looking to buy a new gaming monitor. I am not exactly sure what to look for in one, but so far I've been debating with the following models:

ViewSonic XG2701 27"

Samsung LS27E330HZX/ZA 27-Inch

ASUS VG278HV 27 inch

There were a couple of other models I took a look at, but still not completely decided. All I know is that I would like a 27" screen monitor. Any suggestions?

|Fever| Gage

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Mar 16, 2016
Maryland
Activity

0%

Longevity

39%

I found this site helpful when I was shopping for a monitor. I have read that a 27 can be too large if your regular sitting position is going to be under 2 feet which fits my situation so I went with a 24. Also consider the base. I got one that allows height, tilt, and landscape to portrait adjustments. A huge improvement over my older fixed stand.
Cheers

|Fever| Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Activity

0%

Longevity

42%

@Gage aside from the size, everything else you mentioned is mostly quality of life, not really specific to gaming.

@Nanbu things to look for in a gaming monitor:

Gsync/Freesync (depending if you have a Nvidia or a Radeon GPU);
How much FPS can you push? Pick a monitor with about the same refresh rate (aka Hz). There is no point getting a 200MHz monitor, if all you can push is 100 FPS;
Resolution (1080p, 1440p, 4k, etc);
Aspect Ratio (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, etc);
Type of panel (TN panels are cheaper and faster [around 1ms response time] but have bad colors , IPS panels are a bit more expensive and have higher response times [around 5ms] but have beautiful colors, higher ends monitors might also be Quantum Dot). If you are a competitive person then TN is probably better for you, if you prefer immersion (and watching movies) IPS is better;
Size (24'' or 27'' are usually a good spot if you are putting it on a desk);
Contrast Ratio;
Display Inputs (Display Port, HDMI, etc).

Other Quality of Life Stuff:
Visual Looks;
Adjustable Height Stand;
Tilt;
Swirl;
RGB;
Color Support.

Note: Finding a 24'' Screen for 1080p is easy, finding a 27'' screen for 1080p is a lot harder. Most 27'' screens are 1440p.

Some other monitor suggestions for 27'' 1080p:
BenQ Zowie XL2720
Samsung C24FG70 (curved display)

|Fever| Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Activity

0%

Longevity

42%

Edit: yep double post

|Fever| Nanbu

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Nov 19, 2015
CA, USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

41%

Thanks a ton. That's quite informative and concise.

MichaelJohnson

Jul 19, 2017
Activity

0%

Longevity

30%

Hello, When I bought my monitor before buying I checked the reviews for monitors on gamingbuff and after that I bought my gaming monitor and I must tell you that It is the best monitor which I use. You can also check out monitor reviews, ratings and comparisons on this site. I'm sure you'll find the best here.

voiletdavis54

Nov 9, 2021
Activity

0%

Longevity

1%

I've been using Alienware AW2518HF monitor and it is one of the best monitors I've used. I've been playing a lot of games on it and I regret nothing. I found this monitor online from this website: Best monitor for fighting games. They have pretty decent types of gaming monitor at reasonable prices. If you want to go with ths I'm 100% sure youw ill not regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread