Incoming Member Analysis for Ongoing Retention Efforts | Gaming Community | FeverClan

Incoming Member Analysis for Ongoing Retention Efforts (1 Viewer)

|Fever| h0llywood

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Feb 14, 2012
Philippines
Activity

0%

Longevity

20%

Objective: Develop and implement a scoring system for incoming recruits to Feverclan to ascertain their fellowships needs during their probationary period and help the Retention Team hone their focus on specific individuals that may require greater than average fellowship.

Scope: Establish members in key positions with higher than average contact with new recruits. Develop methods to categorize those recruits during their probationary period for their likelihood to maintain membership or allow it to default into inactivity. Develop standards for the attention or fellowship to those individuals, by the retention team, for a set amount of time.

Assigned Scores

Each incoming recruit will be designated a number (1-4) to inform ranking officers and members of the Feverclan Retention Team of their specific fellowship needs. For example:

Individual plays a diverse number of games, easily integrates with groups, participates in clan activities, and is extraverted. These players have very little need for fellowship, outside of the ordinary activities and invites. They are easy to get along with, cause no drama, and are fun.

These members are extremely active on the forums, and participate in events. They may seem quiet in large groups on Team Speak, but still show up and express further involvement in clan activities. They may not get along with everyone, but overall they may need a slightly elevated amount of fellowship and extension of friendship from active members.

Rank 3 individuals might be slightly introverted, and their participation varies greatly. They likely dont check the forums often and may need targeted fellowship efforts from their fellow squadmates or members of the Retention Team. They are erratic in their participation and attendance of events, may not get along with some individuals, and arent used to participating in larger groups. These individuals might also require increased attention and interest to keep them around.

These individuals are sarcastic, introverted, and potentially hostile. Sometimes they are inactive on the forums, or may be abrasive outright. Like everyone else, they need to receive invites and an increased amount of attention, but their likelihood of integration is significantly decreased. They exhibit behavior that may get them banned or lose membership in the future.

The key focus of this project is to recognize which recruits need more of the attention of ranking members and the retention team, so their needs may also be met. These ranks would only be applied to new recruits for a short amount of time (around a month), so we can focus our efforts on the people that might need that extra effort to stick around. The ranks would only be available to view by officers and Retention Team members, as they are only meant as a gauged need. We believe this will allow us to target individuals and help those that need it, fully realize what Feverclan has to offer.

[MENTION=1465]Ayden Pride[/MENTION]

|Fever| 0yme0

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Free Loader
Jun 3, 2014
Indiana
Activity

0%

Longevity

16%

I like this idea but it seems kind of like branding sheep for the area they go. It seems very systematic (Which is intended) but also not very required. It would also take a lot of work to get this done. If it were to be implimented I'd say we reword some stuff to make it seem less harsh (E.G, less like we're rating the responsibility of each player)
Just my thoughts on it. I'd like to see some more elaboration upon it.
Don't know if I'm allowed to post this either ,_,

|Fever| h0llywood

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Feb 14, 2012
Philippines
Activity

0%

Longevity

20%

[MENTION=39117]0yme0[/MENTION] This is meant as an internal document, which was a project that I was assigned to. While it may seem that the wording is harsh, nevertheless, it is not intended to brand people. This was discussed in a meeting we had about 2 weeks ago, which I finally got around to writing up. As it points out in the document, rather poorly actually, the ranking system is meant to gauge who needs more help fitting in AND be secret to normal members, being completely erased later.

We have to face the fact that we hemorrhage members at a high rate, probably because most of our recruits aren't coming from relationships that are already formed with members. As such, the idea is that we focus our efforts on the Rank 2 and 3 people, because the others are likely to fit in excellently or drop out utterly.

|Fever| 0yme0

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
Free Loader
Jun 3, 2014
Indiana
Activity

0%

Longevity

16%

[MENTION=39117]0yme0[/MENTION] This is meant as an internal document, which was a project that I was assigned to. While it may seem that the wording is harsh, nevertheless, it is not intended to brand people. This was discussed in a meeting we had about 2 weeks ago, which I finally go around to writing it up. As it points out in the document, rather poorly actually, the ranking system is meant to gauge who needs more help fitting in.

We have to face the fact that we hemorrhage members at a high rate, probably because most of our recruits aren't coming from relationships that are already formed with members. As such, the idea is that we focus our efforts on the Rank 2 and 3 people, because the others are likely to fit in excellently or drop out utterly.

My fault then! If you've already settled it then my bad :). I'm curious to see where this will go, and I'll refrain from posting on these in the future.

|Fever| h0llywood

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Feb 14, 2012
Philippines
Activity

0%

Longevity

20%

My fault then! If you've already settled it then my bad :). I'm curious to see where this will go, and I'll refrain from posting on these in the future.

Well, it's not actually settled. It was talked about and I was supposed to come up with a report on it about a week ago (I'm lazy), so that we could bat around the issue with each other.

So, input from you and everyone else is encouraged. Yes, this version would be a lot of work and I'm not even sure quite how we would go about implementing it. For instance, whether or not it would strictly internal on a shared Google Document or whether it would somehow be built into a searchable database on the website. There may also be better ways to address this; it's all up for grabs right now.

|Fever| Sly

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Notice me senpai!
Feb 5, 2014
Britain
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

[MENTION=771]h0llywood[/MENTION] im creating a brainstorm on this on how we could rank them etc so if we could wait then see what comes back

Users who are viewing this thread