I found this amusing, maybe you will too. | Gaming Community | FeverClan

I found this amusing, maybe you will too. (1 Viewer)

|Fever| SycoMage

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Joker's bitch
Jan 25, 2011
Colorado
steamcommunity.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

22%

After beating a game (defender's quest) there were a number of hyperlinks in the credits, and the first one took me here. It starts out talking about how many games have stories which conflict with the game's mechanics, and how much that annoys the writer. He uses james bond and FF7 to demonstrate the issue, before going on to explain how they made their own game in such a way as to try and minimalize that sort of thing. Regardless of what you think of what I just wrote, check it out, it may amuse you. (There are pictures, and a video if you would rather watch that (no idea how that is though).)

Slight spoiler alert- this will tell you about as much of the intro of the game as, say, reading the back of the box, if there were one. You've been warned.

end.jpg

Oh yea, here's the link: Fortress of Doors

|Fever| toki

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
skumbag toki <3
May 2, 2011
USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

21%

really interesting read, and yeah..
why couldn't aerith be rezzed with a phoenix down feather?!!
although that def would have greatly lessened the dramatic impact of that scene.

Jester

Jun 23, 2012
US
www.twitch.tv
Activity

0%

Longevity

19%

although that def would have greatly lessened the dramatic impact of that scene.

I remember being like eight years old and crying my eyes out in that scene. I also cried my eyes out when the first Cait Sith robot died.

|Fever| Saikaici

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nickname
The Rancor of Anime Section
Sep 9, 2012
Colorado
Activity

0%

Longevity

19%

The problem is with the Phoenix down thing is that characters don't appear to be "Knocked out," but instead appear to be dead in combat. That's a large portion of the issue with FFVII and that specific scene.

A lot of it is also just that players hate to have cutscenes force stupid decisions on you. In that scene it didn't seem like there was a great reason for that to happen. It just... did.

|Fever| SycoMage

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Joker's bitch
Jan 25, 2011
Colorado
steamcommunity.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

22%

I remember being like eight years old and crying my eyes out in that scene. I also cried my eyes out when the first Cait Sith robot died.

I've wondered how to do these hidden messages since I first saw one, and now I know, thanks Toki. :)

Anyway, I didn't care for that character and I never used her in fights but I did wonder why Cloud was too lazy to use one of the 99 phoenix downs in his back pocket on her.

After reading through the blog I really want to see a remake of FF7 where the game's world behaves as though the mechanics of the combat system work outside of it as well. Phoenix downs would become the new currency, and the story would have a hard time competing with all the random crap that would be going on non-stop.

Users who are viewing this thread