IV. Hero Overview
V. Skill Order
VI. Item Order
VII. Game Play
VIII. Allies and Enemies
IX. Replays
X. Outro

Introduction​
Ahh Bloodseeker, the among the most feared heros by those with low health.

Pros and Cons​
Pros:
  • Great staying power in a lane
  • Great Ganker
  • has one of the fastest attack animation's
Cons​
  • Tp Scrolls are a hard counter to rupture
  • Very Squishy Early in the game
  • Very Ability Reliant
Hero Overview​
Bloodseeker is an often overlooked hero, although his ganking capabilty is high and if properly played can carry the entire team. However many times Bloodseeker is built improperly and played even worse. Bloodseeker also lacks stuns and any sort of slows meaning if you are ganked you are a sitting duck.

Miscellaneous Hero Stats

Skill Overview​
Bloodrage_icon.jpgBloodrage: Drives a unit into a bloodthirsty rage, during which it has higher attack damage, but cannot cast spells and takes damage every second.

Range: 600
Duration: 6/7/8/9
Increased damage: 30%/60%/90%/120%
Damage Per Second: 20
Mana Cost: 80
Cooldown: 12/10/8/6
Can be cast on any hero, Including yourself

Blood_Bath_icon.jpg Bloodbath: Bloodseeker revels in combat, gaining health with every unit he kills. The health gained is a percentage of the killed unit's maximum HP. If a hero dies within a radius of 325 of Bloodseeker and he is not the killer, he is healed for half the normal hero kill effect.

Regeneration from
Hero's maximum HP: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Regeneration from
Creep's maximum HP: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Also applys to denied creeps

Thirst_icon.jpgThirst:Enables Bloodseeker to sense enemy Heroes with health below a certain percentage, giving him vision of that unit and increased movement speed. Bloodseeker gains True Sight of enemy heroes below half their visiblity threshold

Radius: 6000
Duration: Until no nearby valid target exists
Bonus movement speed: 15%/25%/35%/45%
Thirst HP percentage detection: 20%/30%/40%/50% of target HP (True sight on invisible is half that)

Rupture_icon.png Rupture:Causes an enemy unit's skin to rupture, dealing massive damage. If the unit moves while under the effect of Rupture, it takes a percentage of the distance traveled as damage.

Range: 1000
Duration: 7/8/9
Initial damage: 150/250/350
Distance moved damage: 20%/40%/60%
Mana Cost: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 70/60/50

If the affected unit moves more than 1300 distance in 0.25 seconds, it will not receive any damage

Skill Order​
  1. Bloodbath
  2. Thirst
  3. Bloodrage
  4. Thirst
  5. Bloodbath
  6. Rupture
  7. Thirst
  8. Bloodbath
  9. Thirst
  10. Bloodbath
  11. Rupture
  12. Stats
  13. Stats
  14. Stats
  15. Stats
  16. Rupture
  17. Stats
  18. Stats
  19. Stats
  20. Stats
  21. Stats
  22. Stats
  23. Bloodrage
  24. Bloodrage
  25. Bloodrage
Item Order​
Starting Items
Tangos
Stout Shield
Quelling Blade

Early Game
Boots of Speed
Poor Mans Shield
Wraith Band
Tp Scrolls

Core Items
Sange and Yasha
Power Treads
Force Staff

Situational items
Monkey King Bar
Butterfly
Heart of Tarrasque
Black King Bar

Gameplay​
Laning Phase
Assuming you are alone in the middle lane, your objective in the middle lane is to last hit and deny as much as possible. If you find yourself being haressed then the first item you should buy is the poor mans shield. Otherwise you should buy the Boots of Speed and Wraith Band while skipping the Poor Mans Shield. Never skip buying Tp Scrolls since getting caught in a gank without one means certain death. As soon as you hit Level 6 your ready to start roaming

Roaming Phase
After you hit level 6 you should start ganking lone targets and if they try to run use rupture to ensure that the ether stop and die or run and also die. First thing you should buy here is power treads and they should be set to agility so that you can make sure that when you chase a low health hero you can finish them before they can get back to base. Sange and Yasha's movement speed bonus also stacks with the bonus from the Power treads and the other bonuses help to ensure that a solo encounter with bloodseeker ends with a painful death. The Force staff is useful for forcing people to move when ruptured thus dealing burst damage and also for a escape that bloodseeker does not normally have.

Transition Phase
After you have earned a large sum of gold its time to start carrying the team to victory. Items like the Monkey King Bar which will provide bloodseeker with a bypass to evasion and a way to stop channeled spells. The Black King Bar however is useful if you find you self being stunned or otherwise disabled. Butterfly however is the one item that I get after the core is done. It provides bloodseeker with plenty of extra damage and allows him to quickly push a lane. Heart of Tarrasque is for those who desire a more tanky bloodseeker who can take a more active role in teamfights insted of cleaning up after them.

Steam guide is up Steam Community :: Guide :: |Fever| How to stomp with Bloodseeker

saryu

Vetted Officer
Jun 23, 2012
New York
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
some input on your skill build

Bloodbath
Thirst
Bloodrage
Thirst
Bloodbath
Rupture
Thirst
Bloodbath
Thirst
Bloodbath
Rupture
Stats
Stats
Stats
Stats
Rupture
Stats
Stats
Stats
Stats
Stats
Stats
Bloodrage
Bloodrage
Bloodrage

Thirst is only useful when you have a mean to decrease someone's life to or below a specific % of hp. At lvl 2 (which is lvl 1 thirst), you have to be able to harass the enemy until their HP goes below 20%. That is something that Bloodseeker can't do because he is a melee and has no harass power. At lvl 2, i would suggest getting bloodrage as lvl 1 bloodrage deal 120 damage in total.

You seems to think that bloodrage is a stupid skill and only good at lvl 1, which is totally wrong. I will agree that other skill need to be maxed out first but I can't agree on skipping bloodrage for stat.

Lvl 4 bloodrage last for 9 seconds with only 6 seconds cooldown, that gives you 3 seconds window to re-silence the enemy support. Yea sure it gives 120% damage, but I see no harm in casting it to a support. Imagine a 70 atk dmg lion silenced for 9 seconds. He hits max about 180 but you are safe from any of his spell. You can also use bloodrage on yourself since you will have nothing else to cast after you cast rupture.

saryu

Vetted Officer
Jun 23, 2012
New York
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
The skill build is actually my take on a dota 1 guide that I read when I started the game. Benn using this skill build ever since

Have you been asking yourself "why is this?".. Depend on how long ago you read that guide, bloodseeker skills has been tweaked several times over the past years.

you know, everyone can make a guide, not all of them really understand the game itself. There has to be a reason why an item be a core item, why a skill build built that way.

anyway, keep it up.

WmW

Non-Member
Apr 2, 2013
Bum
Since thirst range is already maxed out at level 1 nowadays, you don't have to prioritize it.

saryu

Vetted Officer
Jun 23, 2012
New York
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Since thirst range is already maxed out at level 1 nowadays, you don't have to prioritize it.

you still do, the range itself doesn't really matter but the HP% is the one that really matters.

There is a huge different of MS and HP% from level 1-4, so it's still a must to level it up.

WmW

Non-Member
Apr 2, 2013
Bum
I hardly think you are going to roam the map for kills at level 2 though.

Lil_Nora

Non-Member
Jan 9, 2013
Japan, Gifu, Shirakawa
You start roaming at least lvl 6 bc then you are most usefull.
You take all last hits that you can try to harras a bit if you can and then lvl 6 try to kill your enemy in your lane if possible or go ganking.

A tip for the earlygame items:
try to choose between poor mans or wraithband Bc you can use the gold on other items.

A thing with the core items here is that S&Y is a good item now BC it isnt an orb anymore but you have to make a section where you point out why which item.
In case of S&Y you get it bc it gives you great chasing power coupled with great Str and Agi gain with the nice slow effect on top of it.
Don't ever write Force Staff into core. It is now just a troll item BC of the fact that it got nerfed hard for other heroes then supports or utility dependent heroes like Windrunner or Invoker for example. You can use force staff to get some extra dmg out of your ult but that's mostly for the lulz not bc force staff is a great item.
You are better of saving your 2350gold for an ultimateorb build into mantastyle or a crystalis they are more usefull then force staff now a days.

And I forgot to mention the skill order.
I prefer maxing out Bloodrage and then bloodbath and one point in thirst on lvl 7/8

If you improve the guide a bit more and paint some coloured text in then it will be good and a help for every one that wanne play BS

saryu

Vetted Officer
Jun 23, 2012
New York
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
You start roaming at least lvl 6 bc then you are most usefull.
You take all last hits that you can try to harras a bit if you can and then lvl 6 try to kill your enemy in your lane if possible or go ganking.

A tip for the earlygame items:
try to choose between poor mans or wraithband Bc you can use the gold on other items.

A thing with the core items here is that S&Y is a good item now BC it isnt an orb anymore but you have to make a section where you point out why which item.
In case of S&Y you get it bc it gives you great chasing power coupled with great Str and Agi gain with the nice slow effect on top of it.
Don't ever write Force Staff into core. It is now just a troll item BC of the fact that it got nerfed hard for other heroes then supports or utility dependent heroes like Windrunner or Invoker for example. You can use force staff to get some extra dmg out of your ult but that's mostly for the lulz not bc force staff is a great item.
You are better of saving your 2350gold for an ultimateorb build into mantastyle or a crystalis they are more usefull then force staff now a days.

And I forgot to mention the skill order.
I prefer maxing out Bloodrage and then bloodbath and one point in thirst on lvl 7/8

If you improve the guide a bit more and paint some coloured text in then it will be good and a help for every one that wanne play BS

Maxing bloodrage at lvl 7 means only 1 point in each bloodbath and thirst. It is not advise-able because more than lvl 1 bloodrage will give the enemy too much power buff for too little damage (only 20 more damage / level). Assuming we are talking about solo mid bloodseeker here, other solo mid heroes have more harass and usually a ranged hero. Level 2 bloodrage alone give the enemy 60% more damage, that's a whooping extra 30% just for 1 more second silence and damage. They don't need to cast their spell, their auto attack now is too much for bloodseeker to handle. Not to mention at level 5 (which level 3 bloodrage), it give them a 90% extra damage, do you really want to give them that? Oh yea, you will only have 1 level of bloodbath which means even though you got every creep kills, the enemy auto-attack will hurt you more than you can regenerate.

I usually just go 1Q, 2W, 2E, 1R at lvl 6, that way i can have 6 seconds silence, decent amount of bloodbath to survive in lane, and 25% extra ms when the enemy health drop below 30% (which is decent).

I hardly think you are going to roam the map for kills at level 2 though.

i was talking about maxing out thirst than other skill, not roaming at level 2 with thirst.

But if you mean there is no need for getting thirst at lvl 2, i am with you there

Lil_Nora

Non-Member
Jan 9, 2013
Japan, Gifu, Shirakawa
Maxing bloodrage at lvl 7 means only 1 point in each bloodbath and thirst. It is not advise-able because more than lvl 1 bloodrage will give the enemy too much power buff for too little damage (only 20 more damage / level). Assuming we are talking about solo mid bloodseeker here, other solo mid heroes have more harass and usually a ranged hero. Level 2 bloodrage alone give the enemy 60% more damage, that's a whooping extra 30% just for 1 more second silence and damage. They don't need to cast their spell, their auto attack now is too much for bloodseeker to handle. Not to mention at level 5 (which level 3 bloodrage), it give them a 90% extra damage, do you really want to give them that? Oh yea, you will only have 1 level of bloodbath which means even though you got every creep kills, the enemy auto-attack will hurt you more than you can regenerate.

I usually just go 1Q, 2W, 2E, 1R at lvl 6, that way i can have 6 seconds silence, decent amount of bloodbath to survive in lane, and 25% extra ms when the enemy health drop below 30% (which is decent).

dont know what you trying to say. I just said that I prefer to go my skill build rather then others, not meaning that he should change anything just for more skillbuild examples. There is not one perfect skillbuild for any hero period

Users who are viewing this thread