Vetted Member
Dec 13, 2016
The Netherlands
Activity

0%

Longevity

33%

Hey Fever!

So i've been playing SMITE since Season 1, and i've mained Hunter/ADC for 3 years now, so i can aim pretty well. Alot of people actually have trouble with this, so i thought i could write a guide.

First of all, this guide won't improve your aim, sorry. You will actually have to follow the steps to improve, just reading doesnt help. And second, aiming just requires ALOT of practice, i have almost 1000 hours in the game, so yeah.

So there are 2 options why you are not good at aiming.

- Your aim
- Enemy juke patern

Lets cover "Your Aim" first!

Your aim
Aiming is required within every class. If your aiming isn't at its peak, there are some technical things you can change.

- Sensivity
- Mousemat
- Mouse

- Maybe your sensivity isn't right for you. This depends per person. So make sure you actually play around with this.
- Your mousemat can actually help. I personally don't use one, cause my mouse will fall off. But try with and without, can really help you out.
- Mouse is also a thingy. Use WHATEVER mouse you find most comfy. I can't help you out here.

So, now let's get to your aim. Why am i bad at aiming? The answer is probably: You haven't practiced it yet.
"How do i practice my aim, all mighty Grant?" is what i can hear you say. Well, my little proteges, this is fairly simple. Play Hunters. Im not kidding, this is the best way. Hunters rely on their auto attacks ALOT. Build Fatalis on them, and try to keep up with the enemy. This is a very good way of improving your aim. Don't buy alot of attack speed while practicing, to make sure your AA's ( Auto Attacks ) need to count. This helps out alot.

Enemy Juke Pattern
Having a bad aim may not always be your fault. It really can depend on the enemy. Sometimes an' enemy jukes you out, it happens. But what to do in these situations? do NOT stress. Seriously, never. This might hit you by surprise, but if you can't hit an' enemy, STOP AIMING. Do NOT shoot. Wait a small second to look at his juke pattern, and land that one crucial auto. Why try to hit 100 AA's when you only need to hit 1? Just calm down, stop shooting, and hit that one crucial auto.

These are things that helped me out the most, if you have any tips make sure you leave a comment down below, requesting more guides is always welcome :3

neondevil

May 15, 2016
Belgium
Activity

0%

Longevity

37%

If an enemy is juking like there's no tomorrow stop holding the mousebutton down! Get closer and hit click by click makes it easier and it'll use their jukes against them as they'll be slower because of it

Last edited:

|Fever| Grant

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Dec 13, 2016
The Netherlands
Activity

0%

Longevity

33%

[MENTION=68087]neondevil[/MENTION] getting closer is tough. You've been holding LMB and missing, so you get the AA penalty, this is why you need to STOP SHOOTING. It will get you up to speed and allow you to hit that one crucial auto.

neondevil

May 15, 2016
Belgium
Activity

0%

Longevity

37%

[MENTION=68087]neondevil[/MENTION] getting closer is tough. You've been holding LMB and missing, so you get the AA penalty, this is why you need to STOP SHOOTING. It will get you up to speed and allow you to hit that one crucial auto.

That's literally what i said ^^

|Fever| Grant

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Dec 13, 2016
The Netherlands
Activity

0%

Longevity

33%

[MENTION=68087]neondevil[/MENTION] "This might hit you by surprise, but if you can't hit an' enemy, STOP AIMING. Do NOT shoot. Wait a small second to look at his juke pattern, and land that one crucial auto."

and exactly what i said lmao. We are in sync bro. Which role do u main btw? Never asked u....

neondevil

May 15, 2016
Belgium
Activity

0%

Longevity

37%

[MENTION=68087]neondevil[/MENTION] "This might hit you by surprise, but if you can't hit an' enemy, STOP AIMING. Do NOT shoot. Wait a small second to look at his juke pattern, and land that one crucial auto."

and exactly what i said lmao. We are in sync bro. Which role do u main btw? Never asked u....

I play everything butmost of my time was spent in solo

|Fever| Grant

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Dec 13, 2016
The Netherlands
Activity

0%

Longevity

33%

[MENTION=68087]neondevil[/MENTION] explains why ur single, all jokes aside. Teach. Its the only role i suck at.

Hendruid

Non-Member
Oct 18, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

35%

Maybe you should also include the settings for aiming, as in, you can have boxes over enemies light up. You can have a ruler on the floor, attack range etc. These are statistics you are not mentioning but might be important/useful for someone that isn't aware about this.

|Fever| Grant

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Dec 13, 2016
The Netherlands
Activity

0%

Longevity

33%

[MENTION=73053]Hendruid[/MENTION] Thanks! I'll add it in tomorrow! :D