Hearthstone Update - October 20th 2016 | Gaming Community | FeverClan

News: Hearthstone Update - October 20th 2016 (1 Viewer)

|Fever| sparkis

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

New Patch Update. The following are a list of changes. Ones marked in bold change existing game mechanics for cards.

• Ethereal Peddler now reads “Battlecry: If you’re holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2).” This was done to make it more clear, especially with upcoming releases.
  • The following Murlocs that affected ALL Murlocs now only affect friendly ones, to improve the Murloc mirror-match. These cards are not eligible for a full dust refund.
    • Grimscale Oracle now reads “Your other Murlocs have +1 Attack.”
    • Coldlight Seer now reads “Battlecry: Give your other Murlocs +2 Health.”
    • Murloc Tidecaller now reads “Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack.”
    • Murloc Warleader now reads “Your other Murlocs have +2/+1.”
  • One Night in Karazhan cards will now show up with the same frequency as other card sets in the Arena

The following bugs have been squashed:
  • Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End now properly applies the Overload effect when it casts a spell with Overload.
  • Sir Finley Mrrgglton no longer offers Lesser Heal as an option of Hero Powers to Discover when played by Tyrande.
  • Casting Entomb on a transformed minion will no longer reveal the minion’s identity if it gets drawn again.
  • Gladiator’s Longbow now properly prevents damage caused by Explosive Trap.
  • The following card back has been added:
  • Welcome Inn – Acquired by attending BlizzCon 2016 or purchasing a Virtual Ticket for BlizzCon 2016.
  • Many new daily quests have been added.

For a comprehensive list including all the new daily quests (there's a ton!), 3 new achievements and Returning Player Challenge (whatever that means), check out the Hearthpwn post on the new patch.

This will be updated when more info/clarity comes to light.

Edit: One other thing that came along with the new patch is that Voice Chat was added to the battle.Net client, so channels can be created within the client that apparently works across all battle.net games.

Edit: Detailed update of changes on Blizzard's official forum. Brings to light some interesting changes:
  • Cards should no longer rearrange themselves at random after playing several cards quickly. - OMG! Yes!
  • Resolved an issue where an intended card played from the hand would occasionally be swapped with an adjacent card. - As above but even more so!
  • Malchezaar’s Imp will no longer be triggered by cards that do not get discarded.
  • Yogg-Saron, Hope's End will no longer cast spells after being Silenced. - One more reason to dust Yogg-Saron.
  • Resolved an issue where players that didn’t cycle quests after a certain period of time then cleared all quests at once could acquire multiple quests in a single day.

Last edited:

|Fever| sparkis

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

Question: does the change with the Ethereal Peddler's text change the effect of the card or just clarify what it does? For example, did Ethereal Peddler discount cards stolen from a Rogue opponent?

Also it looks like the new daily quests cater to casual players who find the "Win X games with Y Class" too challenging. It's good that they've responded to that issue, though I don't think it's for me. I've always rerolled the play X spells/minions quests.

|Fever| Blakey

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Clan Job 2
Reddit Staff
Oct 6, 2016
Sydney
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

I think the Ethereal peddler change just clarifies what it does. I don't think it identified stolen rogue cards as stolen

Jam

Dec 26, 2015
Texas
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

Hopefully my Murloc Control deck is still decent :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread