Get the Fever Dirty Bomb channel back up! | Gaming Community | FeverClan

Get the Fever Dirty Bomb channel back up! (1 Viewer)

** Future of FeverClan Gaming Community **
FeverClan Future 2022 --> Further Information

The Offical FeverClan Discord

CaliberJacob

Non-Member
Dec 20, 2015
Denver, CO
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

So...I don't remember how long ago it was, but one day I open up TS and see that the Dirty Bomb channels have been removed from the room.
At first, it made sense...Fever's Dirty Bomb community isn't exactly the largest or most active, so discontinuing a channel in TS that isn't utilized all that much is a logical choice.

I got into a game with [MENTION=57385]Kraken[/MENTION] just yesterday, and apparently, they closed the channel after assuming the DB community wouldn't be able to recover and utilize the room all that much. After doing a little digging, it's clear that, while it may be a hard thing for us to get enough people interested in DB to play under the |Fever| tag, it's not an impossibility. One of the first steps is getting the channel operational again.

After which, we can discuss mass recruiting to find more interested players and figuring out a time/day of the week for us all to get together. (We tried that once before, but it didn't exactly stick, so there's no harm in trying again.)

I'm going to be messaging a few people and seeing about getting the channel back up. If anyone else wants to do the same, I won't object. As a matter of fact, the more people who send the same message about the same issue will probably get more attention than just one person doing it.

Gaudkiller

Jul 19, 2012
NY
Activity

0%

Longevity

18%

if you can show that the desire is there to play it, we can remake the channels.

Until that time, you can use one of the Misc. Games channels and edit the name to Dirty Bomb

CaliberJacob

Non-Member
Dec 20, 2015
Denver, CO
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

if you can show that the desire is there to play it, we can remake the channels.

Until that time, you can use one of the Misc. Games channels and edit the name to Dirty Bomb

So you make other communities with small player bases do the same thing? When was the last time the Rust channel was used? Or the Path of Exile rooms?

What I'm saying is the deleting the channel right as the community was beginning to blossom with new and interested faces does more to hamper the community's growth more than help it expand. Especially considering Fever runs so heavily off of TS for inter-game communications and community connections.

As a result, people are turning to other clans for their Dirty Bomb play rather than us. [MENTION=57385]Kraken[/MENTION] went to OCB and interacts with them and their play structure right as we were attempting to figure out when and where we could do the same.

Gaudkiller

Jul 19, 2012
NY
Activity

0%

Longevity

18%

Well , I did not personally delete your channel , so I don't know who did it . But we can easily remake the channels if we have proof more than just two people play it . Use your brain a little more next post and think about your tone of writing a little better. You are less likely to ever get help when your writing tone is hostile.

CaliberJacob

Non-Member
Dec 20, 2015
Denver, CO
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Use your brain a little more next post and think about your tone of writing a little better. You are less likely to ever get help when your writing tone is hostile.

Brain works fine, thanks. And no disrespect, condescension, or rudeness was intended by what I said. (Not 100% sure where you saw hostility when all I'm doing is making points and reciting truth, but your perception is your perception, thus it cannot be wrong.) But my points still stand.

|Fever| Gyorn

Retired Leader
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

Brain works fine, thanks. And no disrespect, condescension, or rudeness was intended by what I said. (Not 100% sure where you saw hostility when all I'm doing is making points and reciting truth, but your perception is your perception, thus it cannot be wrong.) But my points still stand.

That's the difficult point on forums - you can't really get a good feeling about the intentions of posts.
Because a lot of communication factors are missing.

Anyway, enough of that.
I'm not handling any TS related stuff so obviously I can't say you something about the specific case.
But I'm really sure we're not removing a dedicated channel light-minded.
The thing is, this will be always a subjective thing as long as the removal is manually done (even if taking multiple factors like TS logs and forum activity into account).
The activity on the forums was really low in the past time (I'm doing stats for that, I see it) so before reintroducing a dedicated TS channel for it, it's understandable to see some activity for it coming back in my oppinion.

CaliberJacob

Non-Member
Dec 20, 2015
Denver, CO
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

You're totally right. It's better to see forum activity than TS activity as a means for gauging community activity.

Users who are viewing this thread