Firebirds bug is here to stay....for the season. | Gaming Community | FeverClan

Firebirds bug is here to stay....for the season. (1 Viewer)

Jaggy

Non-Member
Apr 29, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744924301

Looks like even though they know the intentional combo of bugs is completely broken, they're not doing anything to change it for this season, nor will they take any action against anyone who does intentionally exploit it.

This season just got a whole lot more competitive for wizards.

|Fever| Tipherion

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Apr 28, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

So does this mean that our community should abuse this just because blizzard knows about or should we hold ourselves to a higher standard and not abuse a setup that is clearly stronger than it was meant to be?

Obviously some people will not go along with my thoughts but I have always been a firm believer in if you aren't playing a game the way it is meant to then what is the point of playing it at all. From a personal stand point abusing a bug is abuse even if the developer knows of the issue, what some will fail to understand is that blizzard will not fix it this season because it will change wizards either better or worse and that is not fair to those who have played them the way they were intended this season.

Anyway, end of rant

TMOE

Dec 28, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

So does this mean that our community should abuse this just because blizzard knows about or should we hold ourselves to a higher standard and not abuse a setup that is clearly stronger than it was meant to be?

Obviously some people will not go along with my thoughts but I have always been a firm believer in if you aren't playing a game the way it is meant to then what is the point of playing it at all. From a personal stand point abusing a bug is abuse even if the developer knows of the issue, what some will fail to understand is that blizzard will not fix it this season because it will change wizards either better or worse and that is not fair to those who have played them the way they were intended this season.

Anyway, end of rant

Obviously we shouldn't abuse it but it's also not the strongest wizard build anyways to get the bug to work you have to gimp your damage so much that you max out really quickly and caldessan's won't help so at the higher levels a real firebirds or vyrs+rasha archon pushes higher.

Jaggy

Non-Member
Apr 29, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Anyway, end of rant

I plan to stick with my current build (FB/Chantodo's). The hard part is dealing with those who don't. In the last 3 days, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spots on the Americas leaderboard have been taken by people using that bug build. Maybe it's true that it won't be able to clear as high by the end of the season, but...it's only 1 behind the leader at the moment, so I'm skeptical.

Araceli

Non-Member
Jan 1, 2014
Petersburg, VA
Activity

0%

Longevity

16%

Poop. I really enjoyed the build, didn't even notice there was a bug. I skimmed through the forums, what's the actual bug?

Hotsauce

Non-Member
Feb 26, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

I'm really enjoying the build. Hopefully they will just fix the bug and leave the rest of the build alone.

Orenria

Non-Member
May 25, 2016
Toronto
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Yeah, the bug isn't even that big of a deal. On the Diablo reddit there were comments about how the bug really only helps people in low to mid range of GRs and stuff. The people competing for the higher spots on the leaderboards don't gain that much from doing it and most of them don't even use it.

Hotsauce

Non-Member
Feb 26, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

Well the top solo wiz is currently using the bug, so it's helping more than just the low to mid range toons.

Users who are viewing this thread