Fever Press: Fever Weekly Newsletter #473 Holiday Issue (1 Viewer)

zpNUgml.png

Issue 473

Index:

(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Fever Flair
Behind the scenes
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Game Review
Funnies

fdBULKm.png

Fever Weekly New main header done by Phoenix_Ace
Not much news for the holidays as everything is mostly done. But this was a issue I tried hard to make with the help of those mentioned. Screenshots were provided by the helpers and graphic by the lil bird. Next week is a recap and closure to this rocky year.

Happy-Holidays-Red-Ball-694x400.jpg

131943100_10160682184186679_3104326421895682336_o.jpg
My Snowman
- SunKenRock

xXddTP5.png

A reminder that the month is closing so there will be a new game in about 10 days.

Also be on the look out for the Steam winter sale that will out in a couple of days for those who have been waiting for it patiently. Good time to pick up some games you see around Fever maybe?

You'll notice the theme for the site to go along with the holidays.

A fresh Game review of Phasmophobia by KhaleesiRae

Also there is the end of the year event and the last reminder, down below.

Last issue of 2020 will have all new headers

Attention fever members! Our world of warcraft chapter is growing and beginning to raid. We have currently 3/10 normal in our casual raid and we are going to begin a new raid group soon for heroic progression. There will be more editions of the Nessigwarys News coming in the future Verrin

0yKnqdm.png

Game Nights:
Events Schedule
Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact please contact Violet or OmegaDir who can get you squared away or answer any questions.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Special Events

1607341040852-png.18346

QqBKfWg.png

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head of Games - Violet

Deputy Head of Games - OmegaDir

Assistant Head of Games - FocusedFool

Division Commander: MerlinsBrother, Medic739, and Thundernut (Misc)

Gaming Coordinator: Shenanoska

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

fSxZ51W.png

(New threads/posts that are showcased)

Final Fantasy 14 - 5. 4 Matoya’s Relict Guide

Rainbow Six Seige - Tournament's and Ranked

Fallout 76 - Remaking a character

WoW - Guild Chat Rules

4FmimPJ.png

FearMeFool / AlphaOmega / Flamehand / djfsappy / Ranger69

Patchiz01 / Limetttte / Drax / FASUufb / jbabel

OmniLurks / Uglygodx / Kalaldark / Gnarle / Aveno

Transwire360 / Leo_Greyfox

T5gspGD.png

Last week's winner was CrimsonCrayon - please congratulate him!

This week's nominees are:

AresLounge

Derek

JayJay

Please vote for them here -> PoW-12-21-2020

EKxbRNT.png

SunKenRock - Well, I was going to ask the origin of your username, but it seems you started off joining Fever as Mormerilon. So, why the change, and which one do you use more?
Phoenix_Ace - I use Phoenix more, Mormerilon was a username I came up with for Runescape, though here it didn't work -- I had people calling me Mormon cause my name was too hard to pronounce, so I changed it to something easier.

SunKenRock - You said you found out about Fever clan in a gamer server. Care to elaborate how that happened?
Phoenix_Ace - I was in Destiny 2's server when brucondor talked to me about joining Fever clan.

SunKenRock - Does it feel like it's been almost three years already?
Phoenix_Ace - Not really! Time has kinda flew by pretty quick.

SunKenRock - Though you are more of a quiet person, are you more open since when you first joined?

Phoenix_Ace - Absolutely I normally just wouldn't talk to any people I didn't know til I joined.

SunKenRock - You've had a few jobs in Fever, and one of them was with graphics. What made you want to do that and what program do you use?
Phoenix_Ace - I just wanted to help and talk to others. As for graphics, I used to use Photoshop, but I can't keep up the subscription for that, so I looked for alternatives. I used GIMP for a bit but moved onto Affinity.

SunKenRock - You joined playing Destiny 2, has that changed in the almost 3 years? Have you played Destiny 2 recently or is it still on the shelf?
Phoenix_Ace - I put Destiny 2 on the shelf, but I plan to play again.

SunKenRock - What are some of the main games that you play consistently?
Phoenix_Ace - World of warships, ARK and Diablo 3

SunKenRock - Is there anything you are looking forward to in 2021 games wise? How about the games from the game awards?
Phoenix_Ace - Ark 2, Dragon Age 4, Mass Effect 4, Back 4 Blood. Some may not be til 2022 but best I can answer.

SunKenRock - I know you as a pc player, but have you ever had a console or played one from a friend or sibling?
Phoenix_Ace - My first PC was actually around the time I joined Fever. Before that i was a console gamer; I owned a ps3/ps4/xbox360 at the time. I did own older consoles but those got lost when we moved.

SunKenRock - From what you can remember, when did you start gaming? Do you have an old video game that you love to this day?
Phoenix_Ace - The first game I remember playing -- or at least which had an impact on me -- was Zelda: a Link to the Past. It's not the oldest game, but it had me hooked ever since. The second most memorable was Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

SunKenRock - Are there any hidden talents or hobbies that you would like to share?
Phoenix_Ace - Is being forgetful one? If not, then no.

SunKenRock - What is your favorite snack, and is it only found in Canada?
Phoenix_Ace - Ketchup chips; I don't think that's Canadian only, but I think it is.

SunKenRock - Now for a random question: knowing the length of your hair. What is the length and how long is it currently?
Phoenix_Ace - Shoulder length? Used to be much longer but I cut it a bit.

SunKenRock - Finally, any random advice or words to share with the readers?
Phoenix_Ace - Never, and I mean never, push Thundernut's magic button.

Lzmnrnr.png

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
FocusedFool

scary_ghostman.PNG

summoningfrends.PNG
KhaleesiRae

sunken.png

ss_sunken.png

SS_sunken_-_Lootbox_glitch.png
Miss Joker

20201215214634_1.jpg
krassofnod

unknown.png

unknown.png
Phoenix_Ace

MXbwMOj.png

V9hUSX4.png

Members of the US Space Force will now be called "Guardians"

Members of the United States Space Force will officially be called “Guardians”, according to an announcement Vice President Mike Pence made at an event celebrating the military branch’s one year anniversary.

The organization traces the name “Guardians” back to an old Air Force Space Command motto from 1983, “Guardians of the High Frontier,” according to a short post on the US Space Force website. While a distinct entity, Space Force is part of the Air Force per its establishment with the National Defense Authorization Act.

As it exists today, Space Force is mostly a rebrand of Air Force Space Command, but with the authority to make decisions independent from the Air Force. Space Force personnel also mostly come from the Air Force, but there’s been notable transfers — like astronaut Mike Hopkins — who’ve joined from other government organizations. Unlike Hopkins’ former employer NASA, Space Force is less concerned with exploring space, than it is controlling it and protecting American assets like satellites.

Choosing “Guardians” as an official name comes with some unavoidable (and maybe intended) pop culture associations. There’s Disney’s Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, which introduced Marvel film fans to the “cosmic” side of the Marvel universe. And from the world of video games, Guardians also show up again in Destiny 2 as undead warriors charged with defending the Last City on Earth from alien enemies.

This wouldn’t be the first time that Space Force appeared to be cribbing from pop culture, either. When the organization revealed the official logo, many pointed out its similarities to the Starfleet emblem used in the television show Star Trek. The US Space Force later attempted to clarify that it was inspired by older Air Force Space Command logos rather than the hit series.

Whatever the source of the name, you can count on Space Force being a lot more mundane than any of the pop culture we associate with it. It may be a bit of a branding exercise to satisfy the President, but the Biden administration appears to have no plans to change course. With Space Force and recent work to return to the moon, the US is focusing even more on space heading into the next decade.

Link - theverge

XLHd5Zi.png

NFL Exec Bill McCullough Joins FaZe Clan
NFL executive Bill McCullough announced Friday that he is leaving the company to join esports organization FaZe Clan as its new EVP of content. McCullough was working as the vice president, head of content development at the NFL.
In a statement on LinkedIn, McCullough said:

“Today is my last day at the NFL!! I have accepted the role of EVP of Content for the incredible Esports team Faze Clan. I can’t tell you how excited I am to join this dynamic team and I look forward to achieving greatness with my new family.” He added that he “will always be grateful to the NFL and the people I met during my time there, but it’s time to write the next chapter!!”

McCullough spent nearly two years in the VP head of content development role at the NFL and nearly two more years as VP/creative director. Through the years McCullough has worked in various roles at GoFundMe, GoPro, HBO and HBO Sports, QVC, NewSport, and Wonderland Productions.

Link - esportseasy

bxDo0KY.png

The Overwatch Winter Wonderland event returns with a frosty new 4v4 mode

Winter doesn't officially begin until December 21, but the Winter Wonderland is snowing and blowing in Overwatch today. The annual event brings back Mei's Snowball Offensive, Yeti Hunt, and Snowball Deathmatch modes, and adds an all-new 4v4 brawl for 2020 called Freezethaw Elimination.

Players in Freezethaw Elimination will be frozen instead of killed when they're downed, taking them out of the action but leaving them in the game so they can be thawed by teammates. To win, a team must freeze every player on the opposing side, which depending on how well the other side communicates could be quite a job.

Weekly challenges are also back, giving players a chance to earn limited-time rewards by winning games in Quick Play, Competitive, or the Arcade over each of the event's three weeks. Three wins per week will get you an icon, a spray comes at six wins, and for nine wins you'll earn a new epic skin each week—check 'em out below:

Week 1: Elf Junkrat

Week 2: Gingerbread Ana

Week 3: Frosty Roadhog

The event will also add five legendary skins to the game—Conductor Reinhardt, Penguin Mei, Ice Empress Moira, Toyboy Zenyatta, and Lumberjack Torbjorn—along with some new player icons and skins.

The Overwatch Winter Wonderland 2020 event is live now and runs until January 5. Full details, including all the winter-themed skins, emotes, and intros, are up at playoverwatch.com.

Link -pcgamer

Blizzard will talk more on Overwatch 2 at Blizzcon this February

Blizzard has confirmed it'll be talking more about upcoming hero shooter sequel Overwatch 2 at the next upcoming Blizzcon event this February.

Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan made the confirmation as part of the original game's latest Developer Update video, saying "We know it's been too long, we know we've been quiet and we still have a ways to go, just to manage expectations. But we're working extremely hard; we want this game to be great for you, both the live game and the upcoming sequel."

It's certainly been some time since we've heard anything significant about the game since its reveal back in November of 2019, although we do know it will have a story mode and you'll be able to transfer your original Overwatch cosmetic unlocks into the sequel.

Of course, Kaplan isn't saying too much as what we can expect to see just yet, although it's clear from his statement of trying to manage expectations the game's likely still a while out, but he does also mention that some story hints are set to be included in the original game's latest FFA map known as Kanezaka, which is available on the Test Server now and will be released into the main game proper early next year.

Check out the full developer update for yourself below then as you await Blizzcon, which will take place online on February 19 and 20, 2021.

Link - videogamer

Fortnite's New LTM

Epic Games has added a new limited-time mode to Fortnite

This LTM is called The Spy Within and features 10 players working together to determine who the two spies are in the match. Sound familiar? These two spies must try to eliminate other players without revealing their identities and they must do so before the other eight players, the Agents, determine who is a spy.

That's not where the Among Us similarities - itself a variation on the party game Werewolf - end. As you can probably guess by this point, the Agents are tasked with completing various objectives on the map to earn gold coins to win. None of the players can speak to each other during the game unless a meeting is called, at which point voice chat can be used to discuss who may or may not be a spy. During a meeting, players can vote someone out and that person will be eliminated.

This LTM was made by several community creators including DolphinDom, KKSlider, Bunni_, Wert, Blanky, jstKamui, MackJack, Ritual, and Snownymous. Every few days, a new Spy Within game showcasing the work of these creators will be featured in the LTM playlist, according to Epic. To encourage players to take part in the LTM, Epic has created a Spy Within Challenge Pack that features a skate deck variant, glider, and more. Complete the challenges to earn the rewards.

Epic Games says players should use Houseparty's video chat services to discuss who they suspect is a spy. The Spy Within is available in Fortnite already, but there's no word on how long it will remain. If you're wanting to try the game The Spy Within is clearly inspired by, Among Us was released on the Nintendo Switch today.

Link - ign

‘Among Us’ on Nintendo Switch introduces crossplay with PC and mobile
Among Us on the Nintendo Switch console has been confirmed for crossplay with PC and mobile versions of the game.

Introducing crossplay will allow long-standing fans of the game to connect with newer players on Switch, widening the appeal of the high-stakes game. This version of Among Us will also support local multiplayer and can be played in TV mode, tablet mode, and handheld mode.

Launching at a price of £3.89 on the console, it has been pointed out that a Nintendo Switch Online account is required, which could bump the price up much higher. With mobile and PC versions of the game not facing this hurdle, it’s unclear how this may affect sales.

Despite its release in 2018, Among Us was suddenly adopted by YouTubers and streamers during lockdown as a way to connect with their friends. The success of the game even saw political leaders from Canada and the US streaming their attempts.

Among Us was also the recipient of the Best Multiplayer Game and Best Mobile Game awards at The Game Awards this year. The sequel was famously cancelled before development had started, with devs choosing to focus on updates to the existing game instead.

A new map has recently been announced, titled The Airship, and will make its way to the game in 2021. The map includes new features, alongside all the classic minigames, such as being able to choose your spawn point at the start of a new game.

Link - nme

4rJNAdh.png

A86qKYW.png

VjD7BhO.png

Title:
Phasmophobia_VG.jpg

Platforms: PC
Recommend Pc specs:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-4590/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 18 GB available space
----------

SUMMARY:
Phasmophobia is an indie co-op psychological horror game developed by Kinetic Games. It was released in early access on 18th September 2020 for PC with crossplay VR support. Play with up to three other players as a team of paranormal investigators and explore haunted locations filled with paranormal activity.

Experience thrilling moments of gameplay as you interact with the ghosts, spirits, and other paranormal phenomena. Support your team by monitoring the location with CCTV cameras and motion sensors from the safety of the van or head inside and get your hands dirty with the ghostly activity that will get increasingly hostile as time goes on.

----------

----------

THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE:
Being a game that is both PC and VR accessible, you really feel like you are in the house/building trying to find the ghosts. I love how immersive that game is with all the sounds and the communication with your teammates. If they are close to you, you can talk with each other, but if someone is upstairs you hear them as if they are ACTUALLY a floor away from you, thus maybe needing the walkie talkie to communicate. It makes it much more realistic. Having to walk in and out of the house to the truck, knowing all your equipment, and being able to work as a team also is what makes this game realistic and fun. The ghosts come in all different forms as well, so you never quite know what you're dealing with or looking for. It could be an actual person, a child, a CRAWLING child (freakyyy), or just a black shadow. Once you hit the professional level, not only to you have to use your equipment to find 3 pieces of evidence as to what type of ghost you're dealing with, but sometimes you won't get all 3 and you have to go off your knowledge of how each ghost type acts/presents in order to make a right guess.

----------

STRONG POINTS OF THE GAME:

- Very realistic
- Able to keep your attention for a LONG time, want to just keep going from house to house to house to keep hunting and solving the puzzle

----------

WEAK POINTS OF THE GAME:

- Once you hit a certain level, gameplay can become stagnant/monotonous
- You only get so spooked after awhile. I jump-scare SO easy, and this game used to get me all the time, now it maybe does half as much

THE FINAL WORD:
Id say it's def worth the price because it is an early access game but it's still so fun and immersive, theyve already added a new location

FINAL OVERALL RATING:

Rating:
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
a2.png

6MxiPWr.png

j0inVf6.jpg

1sW3qo4.jpeg

xRs901M.jpeg

AEOdfc2.png

lVVRfL0.jpg

cbRkLU0.jpg

8LOySU1.jpg

vZ8rP0g.jpg

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!

- The Fever Weekly Team

Reactions: 1 user

|Fever| Phoenix_Ace

Clan Generals
Clan Rank
Major General
Major General
Feb 7, 2018
Gimli
Activity

0%

Longevity

25%

10/10 screenshots from everyone! Love that stupendiums newest is on the gaming beats

|Fever| Violet

Clan Leader
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Nov 27, 2017
The Maze
Activity

0%

Longevity

26%

Great issue! I'm also looking forward to the next Mass Effect game, and really cool to read up on how you joined Fever a bit more about you Phoenix_Ace and ketchup chips are featured in The Long Dark, my favoritest favorite game made by a bunch of cool canadian devs :p
I think we can all say that we are glad this year is over, because let's be honest can we say trainwreck? Despite this though, we are all still here so let's be grateful we've made it and keep anyone that we know who is not here anymore in our thoughts. Happy Holidays everyone and hope you all can make it to Saturday event.

• Friendly

|Fever| Sir-Dome

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Dec 6, 2016
Activity

2%

Longevity

33%

im definetely looking foward to some of these game

|Fever| JayJay

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Oct 23, 2020
Activity

0%

Longevity

6%

love reading through these, its very evident alot of effort and time gets put into making these, and combining as much from all of the games into one article!

Users who are viewing this thread