Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
ID
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer

Issue 351

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Inside Fever
Fever Flair
Behind the scenes
Tech News
E-Sports
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

Greetings here is a story about an 81 year old playing destiny 2 and doing raids. Thought it would be a feel good story.Link

Heres Adrian Brody

so...uhhhhh

BYE

- SunKenRock

And the results are in for D3 Event:

First they had everyone at once, to determine the finals and had a good turn out
with two teams.

Team 1: Lycan, trep, Violet, Entropian1960
Team 2: Sidonis, Ghost_AQC, Ghist, shanie

After that there were four to move on to the finals. Ghist, Violet, Ghost_AQC, and trep. With that you had the end results.

Congrats on the Winner, and special thanks for those who made it possible and were able to attend.

Also

Inside my Radio (click the game to for the thread in order to offer up coins as requested) is still up for grabs.

Game Nights:

Calendar

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, please let Linessah/Mr Cruz know.

If your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please let Linessah, MrCruz, Demonya, or Aussietye know. They will get them squared away. All can be found on discord as well.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people whom are on.

Extra Life Fever event

Aussietye will be holding an Extra Life Fever event this year on game day November 3rd. Anyone who joins Fever's team to help raise money for your local CMN hospital will receive 500 fever coins. Here is the link to join up: Click Here

He is looking for additional help for the event, so contact him on the forums and/or discord.

Path of Exile 3.4.0 Release Race

Race launch date will be the same as new league launch, Aug 31 @ 4pm est/ 3pm cst.

3 sets of prizes
*200 Fever coins for participation
*First person to reach lvl 50 will recieve 1000 Fever Coins
*First person to reach lvl 75 will receive 1 Exalted Orb
*First person to reach lvl 90 will receive 200 points toward MTX purchases.
(player must either play on steam client, or be able to receive paypal payment.)

RULES
*be a member of |Fever| Clan
*be in discord
*screenshot your character and level each time

Thread: Get the hype up!

Clan Jobs:In and out of gaming​

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact

Head - @Thundernut, @Kimenu
Deputies - @MrCruz,@Daddy
@Axle(Recruitment)​

Talios / Shakaloo / Vance / GatherWaLdo / MjvrTx

Ikebana / Dessius / TekNyne / DMAN / TheFrenchGuyzLive

Last week's winner was Marineopferman and Verrin - please congratulate them!

This week's nominees are:

Majin Puu

Dolphin Drmng

Magrath

Please vote for them here -> PoW-8-20-2018

Another fellow Guild Wars 2 member I was able to get a hold, whom is also i big help to the section. Someone who is always willing to help others

SunKenRock: How were you able find out about Fever?
Dolphin Drmng: From a guy who worked at the computer shop where I got my computer fixed.

SunKenRock: What do you like most about Fever ?
Dolphin Drmng: The friendships I have made.

SunKenRock: What's the origin of your gaming name? Are you known for another name?
Dolphin Drmng: I love Dolphins and couldn't have Dolphin or Dolphin Dreaming so went Dolphin Drmng. This is the only one I have.

SunKenRock: Who or what got you into gaming? Did you ever have any piece of tech when it first came out.
Dolphin Drmng: I played Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 when they were first bought out then was told about GW2 and started playing that with my friend and got hooked.

SunKenRock: Do you have an all-time favorite game, and is it something you still play?
Dolphin Drmng: I still play Diablo 3.

SunKenRock: What games do you activity play these days? More single or multiplayer? Anything you are looking forward to?
Dolphin Drmng: I still play Diablo 3 and GW2. Always tend to play with other players but can play them both alone. Just not as much fun.

SunKenRock: What kind of things do you enjoy outside of gaming? Hobbies/Side Passions?
Dolphin Drmng: I like to go fishing on the river and enjoy camping. My hobby is ceramics.

SunKenRock: What would you say is best/worst about where you live? Any go to places to see?
Dolphin Drmng: LOL I live in Sydney that is probably one of the best places to visit but one of the worse places to live. You can see the Bridge, Zoo, Opera House, Luna Park, Blue Mountains and lots of beaches.

SunKenRock: If you didn't live there, would you prefer anywhere else ?
Dolphin Drmng: Would love to live anywhere but Sydney.

SunKenRock: Thank you for answering the questions. Do you have any Hearty Advice?
Dolphin Drmng: Always try to help and assist whenever you can. One day it may help you immensely.

Monster Hunter World: Hunt With Me!

Path of Exile: Delve Frequently Asked Questions

Starcraft 2: For old time's sake : Innovation vs Taeja

Guild Wars 2: Beginner Needs Your Opinions

[video=youtube;unIF5cwb49Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unIF5cwb49Y[/video]

[video=youtube;dHfQYGGUS4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHfQYGGUS4U[/video]

Toronto could be getting an Overwatch League team

An ownership group reportedly paid $35 million for the rights to Canada's first OWL franchise.

The Overwatch League announced earlier this month that new expansion teams are headed to the cities of Atlanta and Guangzhou. According to ESPN, a third team will soon be announced for the Canadian city of Toronto.

"League sources" told the site that Toronto—Hogtown, the Big Smoke, Tronna—will be the home of a team operated by Splyce, an esports organization with teams and players competing in CS:GO, League of Legends, Hearthstone, and more. Entrepreneur Michael Kimel is heading the ownership group, which also includes members of his family and Splyce investor OverActive Media.

The franchise is expected to cost $35 million, a significant jump over the reported $20 million per team cost for the league's original teams. Splyce will hold a ten percent ownership interest in the new team, which as Sportsnet pointed out is a bit ironic (and delicious, if you live anywhere in Canada that isn't Toronto): Splyce itself is backed by Delaware North, a hospitality company that also owns the Boston Bruins.

If the report is accurate, the Toronto team will likely be the last to come to North America for the second season of the Overwatch League. Blizzard said in May that it wanted to add six new teams to the league for the season, two each from the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe and the Middle East.

Link: pcgamer

For all those Switch owners I bring you this!

Blizzard Confirms Diablo 3 Eternal Collection For Nintendo Switch Release

Blizzard has officially confirmed that Diablo 3 is coming to Nintendo Switch. Titled Diablo 3: Eternal Collection, it will feature the original game, alongside the Reaper of Souls expansion, Adventure Mode (fully unlocked from the outset), Challenge Rifts, Kanai's Cube, and the Crusader class. Additionally, it'll also have the Rise of the Necromancer pack, which primarily consists of the Necromancer class. The game does not have a specific release date but Blizzard has said it is tentatively aiming for Fall 2018 with an MSRP of $60 in the US.

The Switch version of Diablo 3 is being developed in-house and utilizes the work done for the well-received PS4 and Xbox One ports of the game. Senior producer Pete Stilwell described the portability that Nintendo Switch offers as a new evolution of the Diablo 3 experience.

"I think this [is] the next evolution. The portability of Switch [and] the ability to play offline with your friends locally between multiple Switch [consoles] is really powerful. We're excited to be able to travel, [play] this on a plane, get off the plane, [and] upload progress."

By utilizing the Nintendo Switch's online service, save files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud, allowing for progress to be backed up and also transferred onto other devices.

"Switch automatically uploads save files. The only thing that won't upload is leaderboards, but anything else such as achievements or progress that's made through campaign will be [uploaded]," explained associate producer Matt Cederquist.

"Another cool feature is the ability to play offline and still have progress count, and you can load your profiles back and forth, so if you're on a buddy's Switch you can load your file and get the character you want in the game too," added Stilwell.

When the console version of Diablo 3 launched, Blizzard implemented a feature that let players transfer characters from PS3 and Xbox 360 to PS4 and Xbox One, respectively. However, this functionality is not going to be available for the Switch version. Cross-platform play will also not be supported. Online multiplayer in the Nintendo Switch version will be up and running when the game comes out and, like uploading saves to the cloud, it will use the Nintendo Switch's paid online service.

In terms of performance, Diablo 3 on Switch will run at 60 frames per second "across the board." In handheld mode the game is displayed at 720p and then flips to 960p when docked.

"That was a huge focus, to make sure we were giving a responsive, awesome gameplay experience and we've managed to achieve that," said Stilwell. "Part of the technology itself changes [depending on whether] you're docked or not. That was one of our learning experiences along the way, dealing with how the architecture changes depending on whether you're docked or mobile. It's just an optimization effort.

"In my mind the only thing that changes is the Switch itself goes from 720p to 960p. You should not be feeling any different; we don't feel anything different ... We for the past couple of months have spent more time just making sure that the game feels as great no matter what controller setup you have, whether you're plugged in or not. Our biggest motivation was to make sure that we weren't giving you an inferior experience."

Diablo 3: Eternal Collection accounts for the various controller configurations available to Switch owners, supporting everything but touch.

"The real power of the Switch is the multiple ways you can play it, whether it's handing your friend a controller and playing on the same Switch at the same time, linking multiple Switches, or going old school and playing it on your TV," said Stilwell. "We're taking full advantage of what Switch has to offer. The responsiveness you get from Diablo with controller is an evolution of the experience from clicking on PC, and we've done the work to get it as playable and as responsive on Switch as any other platform so we're extremely excited about the offering.

"We support everything except for touch at this point," he added. "We did some experiments with touch and we didn't think there was enough compelling reasons to use it in the current state. We felt the controllers were a superior method of controlling the game."

The Switch version also comes with some exclusive goodies for Nintendo fans, including the ability to use the transmogrification feature to turn into The Legend of Zelda villain Ganondorf.

Link: gamespot

Hi-Rez Splits into Three Different Development Studios

Hi-Rez Studios is splitting into three different teams. The newly-minted Titan Forge Games, Evil Mojo Games, and Heroic Leap Games will continue work on Smite, Paladins, and Realm Royale, respectively. All three studios will hire additional staff.

According to Chris Larson, who will act as general manager and oversee operations of all three studios, the Hi-Rez split was meant to allow the three teams to increase focus on their individual projects and cater to their own communities. Additionally, the move will also help the company to allocate resources to its publishing services for teams outside of Hi-Rez.

To assist in the company’s new publishing strategy, new subsidiaries devoted to esports production and art services were also established, named Skillshot Media and Alacrity Arthouse. Says Hi-Rez Studios president and head of publishing Stew Chisam about the new developments:

“Our new Hi-Rez Publishing Group is designed as a service organization, whose sole mission is to enable each of our partner studios to reach their full potential and best serve their respective gamer communities. By structuring ourselves in this manner, we allow the organization to scale to multiple games more easily, while ensuring our existing game communities receive a better, more focused service than ever before.”

Link: dualshockers

THQ Nordic acquires rights to Timesplitters and Second Sight franchises

THQ Nordic has announced that they have picked up the Timesplitters property and released trilogy, as well as the rights to Free Radical's Second Sight. This puts THQ Nordic in a position to not only re-release the old Timesplitters games, but to make new ones, as well.

"Timesplitters was largely considered as one of the most influential console games of the early 2000’s," THQ Nordic wrote in a press release just issued. "The three game series earned a large and passionate fan base thanks to its unique humor, art style and pop culture references while encouraging customization and modification to give each person their own individual experience."

Additionally, THQ Nordic noted that they have purchased the IP for Second Sight, as well as the rights for the 2004 stealth paraspychological horror game itself if they ever want to re-release it.

Timesplitters was created by British game development studio Free Radical, which was primarily made of ex-Rare employees who worked on Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark. The three Timesplitters games were published under different publishers and had a fanbase that created a lot of demand for a revival of the series. Free Radical suffered a number of setbacks, however, before any revival could be considered. The studio was working on Star Wars: Battlefront III, but the game was cancelled at the last minute by Lucasarts, according to former employees. Combined with the critical drumming that Ubisoft game Haze took, the studio declared bankruptcy and closed.

It was later purchased by Crytek and rebranded as Crytek UK. During THQ's IP rights auction, Crytek picked up Homefront and intended to produce a sequel to the game, which they were working on for many years. Crytek faced immense financial troubles and allegedly stopped paying staff for a period, prompting Crytek to lay off staff from Crytek UK and eventually selling the Homefront license, Crytek UK, and the work done on Homefront 2 to Deep Silver's parent company in 2014. Deep Silver then ended up publishing the game with Crytek UK, formerly Free Radical, now renamed Deep Silver Dambuster.

Fast forward to earlier this year, where Deep Silver's parent company, Koch Media, was acquired by THQ Nordic. With THQ Nordic acquiring the Timesplitters IP, in theory, Free Radical can work on the series they popularized in the first place.

Link: gameinformer

Patrick Stewart will narrate My Memory of Us

My Memory of Us caught my attention early last year with a trailer revealing a visual style reminiscent of old-fashioned Disney animated shorts. It slyly subverts the game's setting, a Jewish ghetto in Poland during the Second World War, but it's also perfectly appropriate because the game world is seen through the eyes of children: German soldiers are seen as mindless robots, for instance, and the vicious antisemitism of adults remains an unlearned mystery among children.

A new trailer today expands upon its promise of a "unique, emotional" game by showcasing the talents of the narrator, announced today as Patrick Stewart, a name you may recognize from The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion—Stewart portrayed Emperor Uriel Septim VII—or the 1981 cinematic classic Excalibur. He's also won awards for his work with the internationally renowned Royal Shakespeare Company.

"The story of My Memory of Us is a personal one to us, as our grandparents faced similar oppression World War 2. This game is our ode to them and the millions of others who lived and died during this time," Juggler Games CEO Mikołaj Pawłowski said.

"So when it came time to cast a narrator, Patrick Stewart was the perfect choice. His amazing acting career spans nearly six decades, and since the very beginning he has produced incredible and emotional work. His talent and skill provides the right mixture of gravitas and hope, and his performance resonates perfectly with our game."

While obviously fictionalized, My Memory of Us is based on real events that occurred during the war: The City, where the game begins, is "inspired" by pre-WW2 Warsaw, and events shown in the game will be based on "actual stories from the war." Mechanically, the game will be built around "logic puzzles in 2.5D," but the story promises "deeper meaning, set in historical realities."

My Memory of Us is scheduled to come out on October 9.

[video=youtube;di18oL5oCic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di18oL5oCic[/video]

Link: pcgamer

[video=youtube;7CSJjQjUYXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSJjQjUYXc[/video]

[video=youtube;wtvVuF3dE1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtvVuF3dE1c[/video]

[video=youtube;1-vWDLrqiHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vWDLrqiHM[/video]

[video=youtube;yEBp_F67_DI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBp_F67_DI[/video]

[video=youtube;pDXqePiPiU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDXqePiPiU4[/video]

[video=youtube;iDHDB8saQNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHDB8saQNc[/video]

[video=youtube;d6PkKUN12cI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PkKUN12cI[/video]

[video=youtube;Glzkh5jl31k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glzkh5jl31k[/video]

[video=youtube;BLEBtvOhGnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEBtvOhGnM[/video]

[video=youtube;P3ue1JPFXEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ue1JPFXEU[/video]

[video=youtube;P3RE4QpyiEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3RE4QpyiEc[/video]

[video=youtube;JiE5UC5Eo5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiE5UC5Eo5k[/video]

[video=youtube;yNeym5EOArU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNeym5EOArU[/video]

[video=youtube;-OGfAOZfXBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGfAOZfXBY[/video]

[video=youtube;4CxtZk2h2sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxtZk2h2sQ[/video]

[video=youtube;f4hnF-WzXyM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hnF-WzXyM[/video]

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

Vibbz

Clan Member
Jul 23, 2018
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
An 81-year-old playing Destiny 2 - that's the funniest and coolest thing I've heard all week. Badass grandpa!

Holyphok

Clan Member
Mar 11, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
That's my end goal life when i'm gonna be too old to do anything else.. playing video game in diapers lol