Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
ID
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer

Issue #337

Index:
(Click on any of them to be re-directed)

Editorial
Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Inside Fever
Behind the scenes
Tech News
Game News
Miscellaneous
Funnies

As a great man once said.

Have a nice day!

- SunKenRock

Be sure to give a hearty welcome to [MENTION=89330]Lowkey Savage[/MENTION] has he has decided to try his hand at being the XO for Paladins! If you play, stop by some of his game nights and show him some support!
[MENTION=76368]Lan27[/MENTION] is currently looking for CS:GO players to join a ranked/competitive play squad. Please message them if you are interested.
[MENTION=35194]BruC0Ndr[/MENTION] and I are looking for XO's for PUBG and Fortnite. If you play these games and are interested in organizing those game sections, please let either of us know. We will do everything in our power to ensure you have the tools and support you need to grow these games within Fever! This isn't just limited to PUBG and Fortnite - if you play games that we currently do not have an established section for and are interested in leading the charge, just let us know!

Please give a big thank you to [MENTION=83576]Shiny[/MENTION] for his work with the Member Spotlight. We appreciate the time he has taken out of his day to interview our members. With that said, he is stepping down and the Fever Weekly Staff is looking for an officer or dedicated enlisted member to take up the charge in the Member Spotlight portion of our newsletter. Please message [MENTION=70985]SunKenRock[/MENTION] or myself if you are interested.

Last, but not least - I'm sure you have noticed our brand new calendar! This came about thanks to our Suggestions area - if you have an idea for the clan, please post it! We are happy to look over any ideas that will help move the clan forward and keep this community a great place to have fun, play games, and meet wonderful people!

Note: If there are any changes or events not listed, please contact any of the Fever Weekly staff.

Game Nights:

Calendar

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, please let Linessah know.

If your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please let Linessah, MrCruz , Demonya , or Aussietye know. They will get them squared away.All can be found on discord as well.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events.

Monday
- Paladins = 3pm (EST) | Host : Lowkey Savage
- Diablo 3 = 8pm to 10pm (EST) | Host : Aussietye-Event will vary from week to week

Tuesday
- World of Warcraft (Horde Raids) = 9pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Aisper, Ataerus

Wednesday
- CS:GO = 7:30pm - 9:00pm (EST) | Host : Monkeyworm
- World of Warcraft (Alliance Raids) = 9pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Cardinalsin

Thursday
- Overwatch = 10pm to 1am (EST) | Host : MemeQueen
- Heroes of the Storm = 6pm (PST) | Host : KingCatNip
- World of Warcraft ( Horde Raids) = 9pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Aisper, Ataerus

Friday
- Dota 2 = 3pm to 5pm (EST) | Host : Thundernut
- Diablo 3 = 8pm (EST) | Host : VioletShadow-Event will vary from week to week
- Path of Exile = 8pm (CST) | Host : arjunaji
- Cards Against Humanity = 9pm (EST) | Host : DivineKitty
- World of Warcraft (Alliance Raids) = 9pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Cardinalsin

Saturday
- CS:GO(Competitive) = 6:30pm to 8:30pm (EST) | Host : MonkeyWorm
Overwatch = 8pm (EST) | Host : Aussietye
- Path of Exile = 9pm (EST) | Host : Menicejw86
- Starcraft = 9pm (EST) | Host : Proteggiore
- World of Warcraft (Horde Alt Night) = 9pm to 12am (EST) | Host : Aisper

Sunday
- Smite = 2pm (EST) | Host : Loyalbdog

All game nights are held in Discord, so please join Discord to get in on the fun!

----------

Hosts to contact
@Loyalbdog || Smite - Sunday

@Lowkey Savage || Paladins - Monday,Thursday,Saturday

@VioletShadow || Diablo 3 - Friday

@Aussietye || Diablo 3 Game Night - Monday || Overwatch Game Night - Saturday

@Ghist || Diablo 3 Game Night - Saturday or Sunday

@Monkeyworm || CS:GO - Wedensday

@Zerox || CS:GO - Saturday

@KingCatNip || Heroes of the Storm - Thursday

@arjunaji || Path of Exile - Friday

@Menicejw86 || Path of Exile - Saturday

@Aisper, and @Ataerus || World of Warcraft - Tuesday/Thrusday/Alt Night Saturday

@Cardinalsin || World of Warcraft - Wednesday/Friday

@MemeQueen || Overwatch Game Night - Monday and Thursday

@Proteggiore || Starcraft 2 Game Night - Saturday

HOTS FEVER TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!!!

Welcome to the Tournament Of Champions, here you get the opportunity to play Heroes Of The Storm with other Fever members in attempt to choose the top Five HOTS Fever players for admission in ranked tournaments.

Each week we will have a game night with designated times/dates so everyone gets the opportunity to jump online and play with the rest of the clan, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME

For details about the game night or HOTS and how the tournaments will work feel free to personal message me anytime on discord, join the HOTS room.

Mondays ― 6pm Central Level up lowest level hero day

Thursdays ― 6pm Central UnRanked Draft Composition Practice

Saturdays ― 6pm Central Tournament Of Champions

In-Game Sections:​
In addition to recruiting, games need staffing to help them run efficiently so all members can have a great time. These tasks can be Recruiter , Game night Hosts, Coach , Content Creator.If you are interested please contact:
Head - @Thundernut
Deputies - @Kimenu
Assistants - @Daddy

Company Commanders

League of Legends - Vacant(person to contact @Sixxed17)
Dota - Vacant
CS-GO - @WolfishGG with deputy @Zerox
Diablo 3 - @Gizmo256
Starcraft 2 - @Shiva
Overwatch - @Aussietye , @Divinekitty
World of Warcraft - @Aisper
Path of Exile - @Axle
HOTS - Vacant(Person to contact XO @KingCatNip)
PUBG - Vacant
SMITE - Vacant
Misc - Contact @BruC0Ndr

XOs

Gwent - @BruC0Ndr
BDO - @Ian
SMITE - @Loyalbdog
Battlefield - @1Jake1
Fortnite - Vacant
Paladins - @Lowkey Savage
Warframe - Vacant
PUBG - Vacant
Elder Scrolls Online - @Dark_Praetor
They are also looking for people who'd like to officially form a gaming section. For further info on the state of gaming , check out this post: State of Gaming.

Out of Game Section:​
Supporting a game directly is not the only way you can help Fever. We have jobs available in several areas: Public Relations, Master of the Forums, Graphics Team, and the Front Page.
Public Relations:
Are you an out-going person who would like to represent our clan and get in contact with others?
If you answered 'yes', then consider contacting...
@Kimenu, @BruC0Ndr, @Chaves and Coordinator -Nameless who is looking for new public relation members to join the team. You can also contact them if you are interested in becoming a Streamer or Host.
For social media, feel free to contact anyone from the team. In order to help represent or promote Fever.

"We're looking for more YouTube content creators, and people experienced with YouTube editing/ video editing contact BruC0Ndr if you're interested"
Master of the Forums:
The Master of the Forums Team is currently looking for any and all officers to assist in the upkeep and monitoring of the Fever Clan forums. Our day to day tasks is making sure all stickies are being updated with current information, monitoring the forums for spam/junk/clutter, as well as ensuring all rules and standards are being kept by all members and guests. For more information contact:
@Daddy
@Saud
If you are interested in creating content for a forum section, including games, please contact either of them.
Graphics Team:
The Graphics Department is searching for members who like to exercise their artistic and graphic design skills. Their goal is to support all departments of Fever through the creation of any necessary graphics - from award ribbon/medals, tournament banners, game banners, and youtube graphics. If this sounds like something you would like to contribute to, please contact @Linessahhttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/linessah.html or @Slyhttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/sly.html
Front Page:
The Fever Clan home page needs help from members who possess the ability to comb the forums for front-page-worthy threads. Candidates must possess the ability to write in clear, concise sentences with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Graphics will be provided for your posts. We use WordPress, so knowledge in WordPress is a plus. However, it is fine if you don't but you must be willing to learn! If you are interested please contact @Linessahhttp://feverclan.com/forums/members/linessah.html

----------​

Ireq / ClassiicMe / Thornfish / Gorskorr / mirkosterchi

Thraesh / Warcsi / oilman / P3rf3ct_Zer0 / Sunsinger_15

gorbachef / Avaritia / WheresTheFun / Henrock / Sir-Dome

Largest Leprechaun / Vinaris / Bahnzo / Trista78

Last week's winner was P3rf3ct_zer0 - please congratulate him!

This week's nominees are:

Lowkey Savage

BrittianDutch

Jamminbreeze

Please vote for them here -> PoW-5-14-2018

Hello Fever! Shiny here welcoming you all to the final edition (in the short/medium term) of Member Spotlight.
Before diving into this one, I'd like to thank each and every one of the awesome community members who participated in the spotlights: [MENTION=85239]VioletShadow[/MENTION] [MENTION=41504]Izzo[/MENTION] [MENTION=81599]divinekitty[/MENTION] [MENTION=67628]Linessah[/MENTION] [MENTION=84099]Target[/MENTION] [MENTION=53012]Sithis[/MENTION] [MENTION=87068]Stryver[/MENTION] [MENTION=24024]MrCruz[/MENTION] [MENTION=74486]Grant[/MENTION] [MENTION=85218]Madredz[/MENTION] [MENTION=77283]WolfishGG[/MENTION] [MENTION=35194]BruC0Ndr[/MENTION] [MENTION=74296]KingCatNip[/MENTION] [MENTION=86665]MemeQueen[/MENTION] @Citten [MENTION=84062]Ghist[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70985]SunKenRock[/MENTION] for doing my own at the very beginning. I'd also like to thank everyone who participated by giving opinions of other members, and finally thank you for reading them! Hopefully you enjoyed them.

For this final week we have Divinekitty! I asked PsyJester to tell us more about her and here's what he had to say:

PsyJester said:
Kitty is relatively new to modern PC gaming (think old school quake and before) and is hitting the ground running. She can be hard to pull out of her shell but when you do you'll find someone whom cares and wants to know more. I'm sure seeing her name it won't be a surprise she is fond of cats but thats all so ask her and find out.

Now let's get to know Divinekitty better:

Shiny: How did you find out about Fever?
Divinekitty: PsyJester introduced me to it, we've been friends IRL since high school.

Shiny: Do you have any clan jobs?
Divinekitty: I am on the Imagineering committee, which brainstorms ideas to make the community better.
I'm the Assistant Company Commander for overwatch... which means I do whatever aussietye tells me to do lol.
I've also just been promoted to Officer, so I'm still learning about all of that right now and will be going through training.

Shiny: For people who may not know about the game, can you explain what Cards against Humanity is like?
Divinekitty: Cards Against Humanity is like an obscene version of Apples to Apples. Someone is the "card czar" and reads out the black card that is provided. Everyone else picks a white card (or two or three, depending) to fill in the blanks. The card czar reads out all of the submission and decides which combination is the funniest/worst/best and that person wins the round. If you are easily offended or don't like coarse language, it may not be for you.

Shiny: When do you host the game night? Is everyone welcome to join in?
Divinekitty: Friday nights at 9 pm EST. It's held in the Hot Tub so generally it's member's only, although non-members can be invited upon request and prior arrangement.

Shiny: Let's talk gaming. Whats your main game? Where can Fever members find you?
Divinekitty: I can usually be found playing Overwatch and attending Linessah's movie nights on Saturdays.

Shiny: What's the origin of your gaming name?
Divinekitty: It's shortened version of DivineKittyCat which I've used for well over a decade now for all sorts of things. I can't remember how I came up with it.

Shiny: Who or what got you into gaming?
Divinekitty: I started gaming back in the mid 80's; my dad would trade games on floppy disks with his coworkers. I took a 15+ year break, though, and have just gotten back into it last year.

Shiny: What other kind of games are you playing nowadays? What roles/class/character/etc do you prefer to play in them?
Divinekitty: Right now I don't play much other than Overwatch and some puzzle games, although I'm trying to branch out a bit. I like to tank in Overwatch- Orisa is my favorite.

Shiny: Is there a game that you've either played/beaten many times or that you will never get tired of playing no matter what?
Divinekitty: The original Lemmings series. I could listen to those midi files for days.

Shiny: What's your all-time favorite game? Why?
Divinekitty: That is an incredibly difficult question because there so many old games that I love, but if I have to pick just one I'm going to have to say Jill of the Jungle. I love the art style and the sounds were great (anyone remember soundblaster?).

Shiny: What was your first gaming console? Do you own any now?(if any, otherwise leave blank)
Divinekitty: I've got an ancient PS2 that I've hardly ever used and got on sale when the PS3's came out. I think I own about 6 games for it and it's just collecting dust on top of my VHS/DVD cabinet. That is the first and only console I have ever owned.

Shiny: Aside from gaming, what do you do in your free time?
Divinekitty: Free time, what's that? Just kidding, I like to go to the gym, read, and crochet.

Shiny: Where were you born? Where do you live now?
Divinekitty: I was born in upstate New York but I now live in central Virginia.

Shiny: What's your favorite thing about where you live? What's your least favorite?
Divinekitty: I guess my favorite thing would be how many interesting places there are in the area. Least favorite would be it's way too warm too often here.

Shiny: I think the best way to end this interview is telling the readers how they can reach you if they want to group up and play some games with you.
Divinekitty: You can PM me on Discord or on the Forums!

Shiny: Thank you for your time!
Divinekitty: No problem, it was fun.​

League of Legends: Game Nights

Dungeon: The Last Epoch

Misc Rpg: NA Is anyone playing Warframe?

Misc Game: Anyone play star citizen?

[video=youtube;he6A3weVHsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6A3weVHsA[/video]

[video=youtube;8SAKdoV0l9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SAKdoV0l9w[/video]

Anthem Release Window Revealed

Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgensen during the financial conference call for the company for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018 revealed Anthem will launch in the last month of the next fiscal year.

That means the game will launch in March 2019.​

Electronic Arts is being conservative about the outlook for the game, since it is a brand new IP. However, the company did say it is "very excited" about it and that players will "really enjoy playing it.​

Link for more:digitaltrends

Platinum Games Working On Top Secret Project That Will “Turn the Action Genre On Its Head”

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya and Atsushi Inaba were recently attendance at a Bitsummit panel held in Kyoto, Japan, and among the many, many things they spoke of there was one of the studio’s upcoming games. The most notable upcoming release being worked on over at Platinum is, of course, the Switch exclusive Bayonetta 3, but according to Inaba, there’s other interesting stuff in the pipeline as well.

Inaba explained that Platinum are currently also working on an as of yet unannounced “top-secret” project. The game promises to be a new and innovative experience that, according to him, will “turn the action genre on its head”. The project is so top-secret, in fact, that many people even at Platinum don’t know about it. Obviously, we’re assuming this means that we’re a ways off from a reveal or announcement for this game right now.

Inaba and Kamiya also spoke of some other things, the most notable among which was a possible Switch release for The Wonderful 101. Kamiya joked about how poorly the game did from a commercial standpoint, but did go on to say that he hopes Nintendo chooses to bring the game over to its new system. He also proceeded to ask the audience if they would like to see The Wonderful 101 on the Switch, and the response from them was very encouraging.

The pair spoke about plenty of other interesting topics as well, such as the philosophy that Platinum employs while conceptualizing and creating their games, their own personal tastes in games, and the massive budgets in development of AAA releases that we usually see in Western studios.​

Link:gamingbolt

Final Fantasy 14's next major update arrives May 22

The next chapter in Final Fantasy 14's ongoing story is just a few weeks away, and today Square Enix has released a gorgeous new trailer to tease what's coming next. Under the Moonlight, which releases on May 22, follows the same template we've come to expect from Final Fantasy 14's updates. There's a new 24-player raid that expands upon the previous ones set in Ivalice, the world where all the best Final Fantasy games come from. There's also a new trial, new dungeons, more beast tribe quests... the list really goes on and on.​

Link:pcgamer

Dota 2 is getting a battle royale-style mode where you fight over cheese

The 2018 International Battle Pass offers some very interesting new things for Dota 2 players, foremost among them The Underhollow, a new game mode that has three-player teams setting off on a competitive quest for cheese that sounds an awful lot like an underground battle royale.

"Battle through a labyrinth filled with monsters, marvels, and many other three-player enemy squads as you search for Roshan's rarest cheese and work to be the last team standing. You'll need to navigate carefully to earn the XP and Gold needed to destroy your opponents," the Battle Pass site say. "But don't take too long—Roshan's cheese frenzy is causing cave-ins as he moves towards the center of the Underhollow. Soon enough there will be nowhere left to run."

It's not a dead-on description of a battle royale, but the combination of competitive play, "last team standing," and what sounds like a contracting battlefield certainly bears some basic similarities. And of course there's the fact that battle royale is the big thing these days, so a Dota 2 take on the mode would come as no surprise at all.

Battle Pass owners will also have access to the Cavern Crawl mode, with a "cosmically rare Jade Baby Roshan at stake," a new Mutation mode, sprays, in-game tipping, and—this is another big one—the Emerald Abyss, a reward terrain that will never be unlockable or purchasable on the marketplace. You either unlock it before The International is over, or you say goodbye to it forever.

We'll no doubt be hearing more about The Underhollow very soon, and we'll keep you posted when we have more details. For now, you can take a look at all the many many unlockables and rewards the pass has to offer.​

Link:pcgamer

[video=youtube;_tEgeZrOOHM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tEgeZrOOHM[/video]

[video=youtube;twJkYjotg_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJkYjotg_c[/video]

[video=youtube;5IW_79PaiRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IW_79PaiRo[/video]

[video=youtube;KGBwD9jmCl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGBwD9jmCl4[/video]

[video=youtube;uxbQATBAXf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uxbQATBAXf8[/video]
[video=youtube;16A_-cOW_NA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16A_-cOW_NA[/video]
[video=youtube_share;bntAX-MAEZ4]https://youtu.be/bntAX-MAEZ4[/video]
[video=youtube;6D5hkE3Dsj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5hkE3Dsj0[/video]

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
- The Fever Weekly Team

Watzup

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Always enjoy the videos especially the Deadpool one and the Link cartoon. Good stuff keep em coming.