Fever Weekly Issue #259 | Page 2 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

FHfmzvl.png

Issue 259

is6YD0K.png

Hey! I just wish to announce that Fever has recently released their new merchandise store.

opMhPlk.jpg

For more info check it out here -> Fever Merchandise Store

KsqPBrz.png

Fever Jobs!

@Vex & @KittyMae are in need of members who want to help recruit on the Looking For Group (LFG) Team. Their job is to spread the word about Fever to people looking for similar communities who have posted in a Looking For Group section. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak!

@The Rev is looking for members to join the FPS Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@neondevil is looking for members to join the MISC Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Jam is looking for people to join the MOBA Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send her a PM on the forums or find her on TeamSpeak.

@Renvenar is looking for people to join the RPG Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send her a PM on the forums or find her on TeamSpeak.

@Sura & @JSTFY are looking for members to join the Greeting Team. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak.

@Doiri is wanting either Streamers or Hosts for the Fever Streaming Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Remmy & @Izzo are looking for members to join the Twitter Team. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak.

@Worggy is looking for members to join the YouTube Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Tigeax is looking for people who play Arma 3 and want to help setting up a community for this. If you’re interested, please reply here!

@The Rev is looking for Battlefield Content Creators. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@slyxsoy is looking for people to help her with the Guild Wars 2 Game Nights. If you’re interested, please send her a PM on the forums. For more information click here!

@FC Ghost is looking for League of Legends Game Night Hosts. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Seal is looking for World of Warcraft Game Night Hosts. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

Events and Game Nights!

@Tigeax is hosting Arma 3 Game Nights every Sunday, 7pm CET/ 6pm GMT/ 2pm EST/ 11am PST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more details!

@slyxsoy will be hosting Guild Wars 2 Events every Tuesday at 6:30PM PST. If you’re interested in participating, please send her a PM on the forums or be in the Guild Wars 2 channels on TeamSpeak at the time.

On November 19th there will be an Officer vs Enlisted Gamenight for Heroes of the Storm. More details are found here.

@Arimil will be hosting a Heroes of the Storm Academy every Thursday at 9PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please sign up in this thread here!

@THEBEAR is hosting a HotS Game Night every Monday at 10PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more information!

@Lustrum is hosting a HotS Game Night every Wednesday at 10PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more information!

@FC Ghost is hosting League of Legends Game Nights every Wednesday and Friday at 8PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more details!

On November 8th there will be an Enlisted vs Officer Gamenight for Overwatch. More details are found here.

@JSTFY is hosting Smite Game Nights every Saturday at 7PM GMT / 12PM PST. If you’re interested in participating, just be in the Smite Teamspeak channels at this time. Please read the rules for the Gamenight-Minigames here!

@Seal is hosting World of Warcraft Raid Nights every Tuesday, 6:30 - 8:30 Server Time, Wednesday, 6:30 - 8:30 Server Time, and optionally also Mondays 6:30 - 8:30 Server Time. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more details!

The first Sunday of the month @Sithis & @saud will be hosting member meetings at 5 pm EST on TeamSpeak.

ILDyf3x.png

League Of Legends Action With Kled By @Ludiqress Kill

[video=youtube_share;LV9Z2-CiDFQ]https://youtu.be/LV9Z2-CiDFQ[/video]

----------

Heroes Of The Storm Game Night Action With @Lustrum

[video=youtube_share;LJoE1vyrpnU]https://youtu.be/LJoE1vyrpnU[/video]​

ZmVSnbn.png

Encoded Bling: Diamonds Could Store Huge Amounts of Data

data-storage-diamonds.jpeg

Diamonds may decorate some of the most coveted pieces of bling, but these precious stones could have more practical (though admittedly less sparkly) uses one day: The jewels could be used as a way to store vast amounts of data using atom-size flaws ordered in 3D arrays, according to a new study.
For decades, artificially grown diamonds, which are as hard as their gem-quality counterparts, have been used in industrial drills and saws and in durable coatings for biomedical implants. [Sinister Sparkle Gallery: 13 Mysterious & Cursed Gemstones]
Recently, scientists have explored creating defects in diamonds for potential use in quantum computers. Previous research suggests such machines could carry out more calculations in an instant than there are atoms in the universe.

Now, in a new study, scientists said these defects in diamonds could help store information, much like how microscopic pits in CDs and DVDs help encode bits of data.
"We are the first group to demonstrate the possibility of using diamond as a platform for the superdense memory storage," said study lead author Siddharth Dhomkar, a physicist at the City College of New York.
The researchers experimented with diamonds whose crystals contained a number of holes where carbon atoms should be. These imperfections are known as nitrogen vacancy centers, because nitrogen atoms are located near the holes, or vacancies.

Source: LiveScience

My3doIx.png

[video=youtube;e4bbk0lg_wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4bbk0lg_wg[/video]

[video=youtube;pAonV1QMEVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAonV1QMEVA[/video]

[video=youtube;JI0jAW7s0YY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0jAW7s0YY[/video]

VxelRYi.png

shadowrun-returns-logo.jpg

GAME: SHADOWRUN RETURNS
PRICE: 14.99 USD
DEVELOPER: Harebrained Schemes
PLATFORM: PC / STEAM

----------

THIS GAME WAS PLAYED ON:

- ASUS MB SLI / Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit OS
- ASUS Splendid 28' Widescreen 0ms 1080P HDMI Monitor
- Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
- PNY 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 798MHz (Overclocked)
- EVGA VX238 ([email protected]) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SC HDMI
- Corsair K70 Vengence Keyboard
- Razer Taipan Mouse
- Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Headset

----------

SUMMARY:

"THE 25 YEAR OLD CULT CLASSIC GETS A MODERN GAME - AND EXCELLENT LORE GALORE!"

From Harebrained Schemes comes a modern version of the cult classic Shadowrun. Originally started as a "Kickstarter", this turn-based tactical RPG has amazing characters within an amazing universe. This is the stuff movies are made of. For those new to the genre, playing the game might at first feel like playing an interactive novel - But invest some time into it and you find a deep combat system and lush HUD display that from an artistic standpoint is borderline flawless, audio polished perfection, and characters that you come to love or hate - with equal enthusiasm. Buckle up - Its off to Seattle in the year 2054!

----------

[video=youtube_share;p-b-ggUSvo4]https://youtu.be/p-b-ggUSvo4[/video]

----------

THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE:

One of the original "Kickstarter" success stories, its easy to see why once you get into the game. A tactical turn - based combat system that has legitimate depth, breathtakingly attractive HUD & art design, and immersive audiophile worthy elements create a world that you can easily get lost in. This initial installment of "Shadowrun Returns" takes place in a twisted cyberpunk version of Seattle in the year 2054. From a gameplay standpoint that focuses heavily on storyline and reading in game text, the ball will roll slowly at first - especially for those new to the genre. However with more hours invested, the combat becomes more dependent on effective builds, smart movement tactics, and smart interpretation of the plot. Essentially the debate of the best turn - based tactical RPG can be based on lore and replay value, but it remains clear that the game reigns supreme based on the fact that it has spawned 3 more titles since the release in 2013.

----------

STRONG POINTS OF THE GAME:

- Supreme Artistic & Audio Quality.
- One Of The Original "Kickstarter" Success Stories.
- Steam Workshop Integration Adds "Free" DLC.

----------

WEAK POINTS OF THE GAME:

- Heavy Amounts Of In - Game Text Can Bottleneck The Pace Of The Game.
- Difficulty Level Can Intimidate & Scare Away New Players Of The Genre.
- Sedimentary "God View" Can Get Weary On The Eyes After Prolonged Gameplay.

----------

THE FINAL WORD:

GRAPHICS / ART DESIGN:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

USER INTERFACE / HUD / OVERALL VISUAL PRESENTATION:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

AUDIO / SOUND MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

GAME HANDLING & OVERALL OPERATION MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FRAMES PER SECOND (FPS) & OVERALL OPTIMIZATION (BASED ON MY RIG SPECIFICATIONS!):

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FINAL OVERALL RATING:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

2mWrJc6.png

tumblr_ofw2n09IY31uoy2m4o1_500.jpg

when-someone-explains-something-to-you-multiple-times-but-you-5626174.png

why-is-blizzard-obsessed-with-having-demonic-creatures-in-most-4584899.png

[video=youtube;Sv8ymaVnf9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv8ymaVnf9c[/video]

[video=youtube;38_c6dh6Y6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_c6dh6Y6M[/video]

Kunezite

Clan Member
Mar 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
+1 for unbiased review of Shadowrun. I would have given it 11/10 with rice.