Fever Weekly Issue #257 | Page 2 | FeverClan - Gaming Community

FHfmzvl.png

Issue #257

KsqPBrz.png

Fever Jobs!

@Vex & @KittyMae are in need of members who want to help recruit, on the Looking For Group (LFG) Team. Their job is to spread the word about Fever to people looking for similar communities, who have posted in a Looking For Group section. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak!

@nickthewizard is looking for CS:GO Recruiters. If you’re interested please contact him through PM or find him on Teamspeak.

@The Rev is looking for members to join the FPS Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@neondevil is looking for members to join the MISC Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Jam is looking for people to join the MOBA Recruiting Team. If you’re interested, please send her a PM on the forums or find her on TeamSpeak.

@Sura & @JSTFY are looking for members to join the Greeting Team. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak.

@Doiri is wanting either Streamers or Hosts for the Fever Streaming Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Remmy & @Izzo are looking for members to join the Twitter Team. If you’re interested, please send one of them a PM on the forums or find them on TeamSpeak.

@Worggy is looking for members to join the YouTube Team. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Tigeax is looking for people that play Arma 3 to set up a community for the game. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@The Rev is looking for Battlefield Content Creators. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Seal is looking for World of Warcraft Content Creators. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@slyxsoy is looking for people to help her with the Guild Wars 2 Game Nights. If you’re interested, please send her a PM on the forums. For more information click here!

@FC Ghost is looking for League of Legends Game Night Hosts. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

@Seal is looking for World of Warcraft Game Night Hosts. If you’re interested, please send him a PM on the forums or find him on TeamSpeak.

Events and Game Nights!

@slyxsoy will be hosting Guild Wars 2 Events every Tuesday at 6:30PM PST. If you’re interested in participating, please send her a PM on the forums or be in the Guild Wars 2 channels on TeamSpeak at the time.

@Arimil will be hosting a Heroes of the Storm Academy every Thursday at 9PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please sign up here!

@THEBEAR is hosting a HotS Game Night every Monday at 10PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more information!

@Lustrum is hosting a HotS Game Night every Wednesday at 10PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more information!

@FC Ghost is hosting League of Legends Game Nights every Wednesday and Friday at 8PM EST. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more details!

@DurandaL is currently hosting an Overwatch Tournament which will resume on Wednesday, October 26th. More information and details can be found here.

On November 8th there will be an Enlisted vs Officer Gamenight for Overwatch. More details are found here.

@JSTFY is hosting Smite Game Nights every Saturday at 7PM GMT/12PM PST. If you’re interested in participating, just be in the Smite Teamspeak channels at this time. Please read the rules for the Gamenight-Minigames here!

@Seal is hosting World of Warcraft Game/Raid Nights every Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 Server Time, Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 Server Time, and optionally also Mondays 6:30-8:30 Server Time. If you’re interested in participating, please click here for more details!

The first Sunday of the month @Sithis & @saud will be hosting member meetings, at 5PM EST on TeamSpeak.

wD72NyQ.png

The winner of last week's POW is OGJosh! Congratulations!

This week's POW nominees are:

Meowffuu

DaveQ
unknown.gif

Darude

You can vote for your favorite one here: PoW 10-24-2016
-----------------

We also have an FNG going on! The nominees are:

Blakey

sparkis

THEBEAR

Vote for your favorite ones here: PoW -FNG Edition- 10-24-2016

ILDyf3x.png

Fever Overwatch Tournament Highlights With @Worggy

[video=youtube_share;CAkvW9V7lXo]https://youtu.be/CAkvW9V7lXo[/video]

----------

RUST Base Tour With @lilbear

[video=youtube_share;nj6ilJ4kHg8]https://youtu.be/nj6ilJ4kHg8[/video]​

MXbwMOj.png

Making of Finding Dory – Tank Gang
[video=dailymotion;x4yj5y9]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yj5y9_making-of-finding-dory-tank-gang_shortfilms[/video]

Making of Warcraft – Ride the Wolves
[video=dailymotion;x4ydn2m]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ydn2m_making-of-warcraft-ride-the-wolves_shortfilms[/video]
Description: As an orc horde invades the planet Azeroth using a magic portal, a few human heroes and dissenting orcs must attempt to stop the true evil behind this war.

Toy Story 2 Opening Side by Side Part 1
[video=youtube;Q8-0iUbgiJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-0iUbgiJ0#action=share[/video]

Toy Story 2 Opening Side by Side Part 2
[video=youtube;6VvsCB_hVlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VvsCB_hVlU#action=share[/video]

ZmVSnbn.png

NASA is experimenting with VR to deal with isolation on missions to Mars

[video=youtube;lil_I_-7aOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lil_I_-7aOM[/video]​

Mars is a long way from home, and the trips between here and the Red Planet could be a long, lonely time. With each one-way flight needing months and months, travelers are going to need more than a Big Book of Crossword Puzzles to while away the hours. But with no in-flight broadband and payload mass at an extreme premium, how can we keep astronauts from the psychological hazards of extended isolation in deep space?

For NASA, at least, VR presents a partial solution. NASA teamed up with Time and 8i to create a VR version of Buzz Aldrin, and gave it to participants in NASA’s HI-SEAS simulated Mars expeditions. The collaboration is called Messages to Mars. Aldrin might not be everyone’s first choice as a flight attendant, but when it comes to putting humans on Mars, he really has some ideas about how the whole thing should go down. Now he’s lending his VR presence to astronauts with an inspirational message, along with entertainer Reggie Watts, who will beatbox and crack jokes. The idea is that this technology could be used to enable immersive, meaningful interpersonal communication between Earth and astronauts on their way to Mars.

The VR component of Messages to Mars is powered by 8i, which does a thing called volumetric VR. Using 360-degree motion capture done by an array of cameras, they’re trying to do photorealistic, volumetric holograms. Aldrin’s message is already available for viewing with 8i’s bespoke app, and they’re working on compatibility with Google Cardboard. Other participants are TBD, although Time and others tease a debut for Oculus and the HTC Vive, and a partnership with Soylent for a “complete virtual reality experience” (read: the privilege of eating extremely compact nutritive powders, so it even tastes like you’re in space). All I’m going to say about Soylent is that thanks to The Martian, we all now know that protein cubes can liquefy on their way into space, causing catastrophe, so maybe let’s be careful about how that collaboration goes.

Source: Extremetech, Youtube

My3doIx.png

[video=youtube;vyUMYYc8lxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyUMYYc8lxU[/video]

[video=youtube;TVNet_YyaTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVNet_YyaTo[/video]

[video=youtube;fzQ6gRAEoy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0[/video]

VxelRYi.png

Sherlock-holmes-crimes-and-punishments.jpg

GAME: CRIMES & PUNISHMENTS: SHERLOCK HOLMES
PRICE: 29.99 USD
DEVELOPER: Frogwares
PLATFORM: PC / STEAM / CONSOLES

----------

THIS GAME WAS PLAYED ON:

- ASUS MB SLI / Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit OS
- ASUS Splendid 28' Widescreen 0ms 1080P HDMI Monitor
- Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
- PNY 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 798MHz (Overclocked)
- EVGA VX238 ([email protected]) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SC HDMI
- Corsair K70 Vengence Keyboard
- Razer Taipan Mouse
- Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Headset

----------

SUMMARY:

"IF YOU LOVE THE TIMELESS LORE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES - PAST & PRESENT - THEN THIS DETECTIVE GAME WILL SATISFY!"

From the literature, to film and television, Sherlock Holmes has always given the most satisfying scratch for the detective itch in all of us. Enter Frogwares's CRIMES & PUNISHMENTS: SHERLOCK HOLMES. Rest assured, this is most certainly a game for players who are fans of the character, and Frogware delivers an excellent and well designed game that has a multitude of mechanics and game play elements that will keep you pushing forward to find out "WHO DID IT?". Bioshock fans will feel strangely at home with the plethora of interactive puzzles and exploration elements - and once again lovers of the classic novels and "new" television series will rejoice in the fact that the game stays true to the classic spirit that Arthur Conan Doyle penned so long ago. Price point aside, the overall product is extremely polished and will leave you wanting to purchase the latest installment - SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER.​

----------

[video=youtube_share;_CizASb1w9w]https://youtu.be/_CizASb1w9w[/video]

----------

THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE:

Storyline, dialogue and action sequences aside, the first thing that becomes apparent is the ultra fail of using the keyboard and mouse to play. Never fear; full controller support is here! With that hurdle out of the way, the game follows a collection of cases that Sherlock solves with logic, power of observation, and an uncanny ability to envision the different aspects of each case. The game presents this in a kind of "spiritual way" - and it looks good and feels like a natural and proper way to visually present Sherlock's borderline ESP abilities. Each case has its ups and downs, but ultimately always leaves you satisfied and manifests a legitimate feeling of accomplishment. Voice acting and visual HUD is on point, and there are a ton of extra goodies along the way to collect and view when you feel like winding down from a case. Historical things feel all in their right place - wrapping up a solid product that, while the price point will stop many newcomers from purchasing, it will most certainly satisfy the loyal fan base!​

----------

STRONG POINTS OF THE GAME:

- "AAA" Quality Presentation.
- Full Controller Support.
- Game Stays True To The Classic Spirit Of Arthur Conan Doyle's Classic Detective.

----------

WEAK POINTS OF THE GAME:

- The Significant Price Point Means High Expectations That Won't Always Be Delivered Upon.
- Absence Of Multiplayer Means You Play It & Place It On The Shelf When You Complete The Game.
- Low End Rigs Can Suffer From Occasional Screen Stutter & Lower End Frame Rates.

----------

THE FINAL WORD:

GRAPHICS / ART DESIGN:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

USER INTERFACE / HUD / OVERALL VISUAL PRESENTATION:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

AUDIO / SOUND MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

GAME HANDLING & OVERALL OPERATION MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FRAMES PER SECOND (FPS) & OVERALL OPTIMIZATION (BASED ON MY RIG SPECIFICATIONS!):

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FINAL OVERALL RATING:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

2mWrJc6.png

12940304_1528492737459031_2059152266_n.jpg

browsers-pixshark-web-browser-neutral-or-chaotic.jpg

[video=youtube;f0oM5xivl6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0oM5xivl6Y[/video]