Fever Press: Fever Weekly Issue #254

FHfmzvl.png

Issue #254

4FmimPJ.png

KsqPBrz.png

Fever Jobs!

The first Sunday of the month @Sithis and @saud will be hosting member meetings at 5 pm EST.

@DurandaL is looking for an Overwatch Events Manager, if youre interested please message DurandaL on the forums or see him on Teamspeak.
@Vex & @KittyMae are in need of members who want to help recruit on the Looking For Group (LFG) Team. Their job is to spread the word about Fever to people looking for similar communities who have posted in a Looking For Group section. If youre interested PM him on the forums or check him on Teamspeak.
@Sura and @JSTFY are looking for members to join the Greeting Team. If youre interested in doing this job please PM one of them.
@Rookie and @Worggy are looking for members to join the Facebook Team. If youre interested in joining please PM one of them or catch them on Teamspeak.
@Doiri is wanting either Streamers or Hosts for the Fever Streaming Team. If youre interested please contact him via PM or see him on Teamspeak.
@Worggy are looking for members to join the YouTube Team. If youre interested in joining please PM one of them or catch them on Teamspeak.
@slyxsoy is looking for people to help her with the Guild Wars 2 Game Nights, if youre interested message her on the forums. Link here: Events and Game Night Schedule
@Jam is looking for people to join the MOBA/Misc recruiting team, if youre interested please contact her on the forums or find her on the Teamspeak.
@jbo96 is looking for someone to run Paragon in the MISC Section. If youre interested please contact jbo96 on the forums.
@nickthewizard are looking for CSGO Recruiters and Content Creators. If youre interested please contact them through PM or find them on the Teamspeak.
@Bob_o is looking for members to check out the FeverClan History in the Clan History Section, message him on the forums or check him on Teamspeak if youre interested.​

Events and Game Nights!

@Doiri is hosting League of Legends Game Nights every Wednesday and Friday at 8PM EST. Here is a link for more information. Link here: LoL: Weekly Game Nights & Tournaments
@slyxsoy will be hosting Guild Wars 2 events every Tuesday at 6:30PM PST. If youre interested in participating then please contact her or find her on Teamspeak.
@JSTFY is hosting SMITE Game Nights every Friday at 7PM GMT / 12PM PST. If youre interested in participating please be in the SMITE Teamspeak rooms at this time.
@Arimil will be hosting a Heroes of the Storm Academy every Thursday at 9PM EST. If youre interested in participating please go here to read more, link here: Nexus Academy Thursdays from 9-12 PM EST
@Renvenar is hosting Path of Exile Game Nights every Saturday at 5pm PDT / 7pm CDT / 8pm EDT / 2am CEST. If youre interested come to Teamspeak and join the PoE Rooms.
@Jam will be hosting a Hearthstone Tournament on October 8th at 5PM EST. If youre interesting in participating please visit the link provided. Link here: Tournament (Saturday October 8th)
@Arimil is hosting a starcraft II Academy will be every Saturday at 6PM EST, if youre interested in participating please visit the link provided. Link here: Psi-Ops Academy
@THEBEAR is hosting a HOTS Game Night every Monday at 10PM EST. If youre interested in participating please visit the link provided. Link here: Monday Night Game night
@Lustrum is hosting a HOTS Game Night every Wednesday at 10PM EST. If youre interested in participating please visit the link provided. Link here: Game Night

wD72NyQ.png

First we need to congratulate last weeks winner @Katyara

also congrats to @VileKnight and @Lustrum for getting tied position in the last week FNG voting!.

This weeks nominees are.

JSTFY
Upolk3G.jpg

PapaRussia

ZhtjNHO.gif

Atakapa
66zQOsE.jpg

Please vote for you favorite here -> PoW-10-03-2016

ILDyf3x.png

World Of Warcraft "Top Ten Mounts" With @lilbear

[video=youtube_share;DeyAJulDaKI]https://youtu.be/DeyAJulDaKI[/video]

----------

Going Back To The 2012 London Olympics With @Worggy

[video=youtube_share;2SbsYL1dvNU]https://youtu.be/2SbsYL1dvNU[/video]​

rGmzmhp.png

Jam: Why did you pick Sparkis as your name?
Sparkis: You know how most of the time you have a favourite username that you want to use but someone else has taken it? Then you go to your backup usernames and all of those have been taken too? Finally, as a last resort you just tack on and you tack on extra numbers or stuff at the end? I hate the adding the random stuff at the end of your username.

So after exhausting many options I went with a kind of nonsense username that is in part derived from my actual name. It's not great but I've had it for so long that I'm use to it. It's kind of like that hairy mole on your body that you would prefer not to have but you've lived with it so long that it would kind of seem weird to have it removed.

Then again, maybe it's just me.

Jam: What city do you live in? What do you like and dislike about it?
Sparkis: Sydney, Australia is my home. It's about as good as you probably think it is. Big enough and diverse enough to be interesting but not so big that it feels overwhelming or overcrowded. Food culture has been developing well over the past 10 years and there are a lot of options for both the avid restaurant goer or home cook enthusiast.

However, on the downside it's quite an expensive city to live in and the public transport system is terrible. Night life isn't that great too, particularly with lock-out laws that have been put in place that regulates how late a bar or venue can stay open for. It's really gutted the bar and music scene in the city. Internet is pretty slow an expensive too.

Still, wouldn't want to call any other place in the world home. Love it here, in spite of its flaws.

Jam: What do you do for living?
Sparkis: I'm kind of a jack of all trades. My career background is in IT but nowadays I do freelance in a number of roles while I finish up studies with a Master's degree in Project Management. My freelance work involves past IT clients I keep in touch with as well as some casual photography work. Mostly event and food photography, though I've done the occational wedding and family shoot.

Jam: Whats one thing that you wish you had?
Sparkis: Unlimited wishes. After that, maybe a pizza oven or off-set barbecue grill. I have simple needs.

Jam: Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?
Sparkis: I'm not a dog or a cat person in the sense that I pick sides but cats don't always make it easy to like them sometimes.

Jam: How did you find Fever?
Sparkis: Blame Jam. She PM'ed me on Hearthpwn about an upcoming Hearthstone tournament. Wasn't all that interested in joining up at first. I've never had any experience with a gaming clan before so you guys come off seriously hardcore with your rules, ranks, coins etc. though in a good way. So I'm here for at least the tournament and who knows where the future will take up from there.

Jam: Have you enjoyed your time here so far?
Sparkis: It's only been my first day but it's been a fun experience. A very quirky one too at times. Yes, I'm talking about you the grand prophet of his lord and saviour Yogg-Saron, the patron of RNG comeback mechanics, the herald of unbridled chaos and the harbinger of salty forum posts. However, it's been good times all around.

Jam: Do you plan on getting any jobs in the clan?
Sparkis: Perhaps. The experience thus far has been great, so that's always a good start.

Jam: Tell us how you started gaming.
Sparkis: I started gaming back when a Commodore 64 was the must have gaming rig. Where loading 8 bit games from a cassette tape drive for half an hour was thing. Yes, I'm old. I've learned to live with my condition. I hope that you can learn to accept it too.

Jam: What is your main games?
Sparkis: Hearthstone. I'm not a huge gamer nowadays but this is the one I keep coming back to.

Jam: What do you like about that game?
Sparkis: The layers of strategy required (when you're not totally screwed by RNG) from the strategy within the game, the deck building, even decisions as to how to build up your collection. It's all fun.

Jam: Are there any games that youre excited to get?
Sparkis: Not in the immediate future but I have liked RPGs from time to time so would be interested to see what say the next Elder Scrolls games offers for instance.

Jam: This is the end of the interview. Do you have anything to say to the readers?
Sparkis: Live in the moment and don't focus so much on what you don't have and appreciate what you do. Live life the way you want to, not the way other people want you to. Never be afraid to seek out help when you need it, particularly in matters that involve potential issues with mental health. Try to see the other person's perceptive rather than trying push your own onto others. Strive to leave things in a better place than when you found it.

Lastly and most importantly, take any advice from a random stranger on the Internet with a grain of salt. They probably don't know what they're talking about.​

JVv4I8N.png

ZmVSnbn.png

Google, Facebook, Amazon join forces on future of AI

_91407547_ai33.jpg

The world's biggest technology companies are joining forces to consider the future of artificial intelligence.
Amazon, Google's DeepMind, Facebook, IBM and Microsoft will work together on issues such as privacy, safety and the collaboration between people and AI.

Dubbed the Partnership on Artificial Intelligence, it will include external experts.One said he hoped the group would address "legitimate concerns".
"We've seen a very fast development in AI over a very short period of time," said Prof Yoshua Bengio, from the University of Montreal.

"The field brings exciting opportunities for companies and public organisations. And yet, it raises legitimate questions about the way these developments will be conducted."
Bringing the key players together would be the "best way to ensure we all share the same values and overall objectives to serve the common good", he added.

One notable absentee from the consortium is Apple. It has been in discussions with the group and may join the partnership "soon", according to one member.
The group will have an equal share of corporate and non-corporate members and is in discussions with organisations such as the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence and the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
It stressed that it had no plans to "lobby government or other policy-making bodies".
"AI has tremendous potential to improve many aspects of life, ranging from healthcare, education and manufacturing to home automation and transport and the founding members... hope to maximise this potential and ensure it benefits as many people as possible," it said.

Source: bbc.com

My3doIx.png

[video=youtube;-cMXnntjkPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMXnntjkPA[/video]

[video=youtube;rYMzTGHGJjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMzTGHGJjQ[/video]

[video=youtube;4KeLOgPsxkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KeLOgPsxkA[/video]

[video=youtube;WIKqgE4BwAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY[/video]

VxelRYi.png

rts-logo-rectangle.jpg

GAME: RACE THE SUN
PRICE: 9.99 USD
DEVELOPER: Flippfly LLC
PLATFORM: PC / STEAM / PLAYSTATION

----------

THIS GAME WAS PLAYED ON:

- ASUS MB SLI / Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit OS
- ASUS Splendid 28' Widescreen 0ms 1080P HDMI Monitor
- Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz - Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
- PNY 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 798MHz (Overclocked)
- EVGA VX238 ([email protected]) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 SC HDMI
- Corsair K70 Vengence Keyboard
- Razer Taipan Mouse
- Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Headset

----------

SUMMARY:

"FAST PACED MINIMALIST ARCADE ACTION WITH PLEASING DESIGN & EXCELLENT SOUNDTRACK"

Fatigued gamers burnt out from the grind of "main games" will find RACE THE SUN to be a relaxing and instantly satisfying arcade style experience. With a built-in editor that provides Steam Workshop support, there is always a new level to play or if you feel the creative itch the ability to design and publish your own RACE THE SUN experience. Essentially, staying in the direct light from the sun fuels your craft - shadows and obstacles abound with moving "puzzle based" elements will require some memory muscle along with some great hand / eye coordination. While the price point retail wise is a worthy reflection of the quality of the game, hang tight for a Steam sale to maximize this purchase & add an excellent gem to your Steam library!

----------

[video=youtube_share;JIsQRvRAFk4]https://youtu.be/JIsQRvRAFk4[/video]

----------

THE GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE:

Every level that you are faced with in RACE THE SUN has a basic theme and rhythm to it. Some levels have challenges that task you to focus on navigating through "puzzle based" terrain while other levels completely flip the switch in terms of the "SUN FUELED CRAFT" element. All the while in game, the soundtrack is without a doubt superb. Its an obvious trend with indie developers these days to invest and allocate a significant amount of resource and capital into the soundtrack of the game and RACE THE SUN is no exception to that rule. With Steam Workshop capitalizing off of the in game editor, "DLC" is essentially free - just pay attention to the reviews of created level experience that reflect legitimate game design knowledge. Got ten minutes before work and want to squeeze some gaming in? RACE THE SUN!

----------

STRONG POINTS OF THE GAME:

- "Minimalist" Arcade Experience Provides A Significant Contrast To Other Gaming Experiences.
- High Quality Soundtrack That Works In Concert With The Game Play Fundamentals.
- Built In Game Editor With Steam Workshop Support Essentially Means Free DLC.

----------

WEAK POINTS OF THE GAME:

- The Retail Price Is Valid For The Quality Of The Game, But Budget Cautious Gamers Will Most Likely Wait For A Sale.
- The Repetitive Nature Of The Game Can Cause Some To Lose Interest Over Time.
- Some Levels Have An Overly Difficult Element That Can Cause Rage Quitting.

----------

THE FINAL WORD:

GRAPHICS / ART DESIGN:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

USER INTERFACE / HUD / OVERALL VISUAL PRESENTATION:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

AUDIO / SOUND MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

GAME HANDLING & OVERALL OPERATION MECHANICS:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FRAMES PER SECOND (FPS) & OVERALL OPTIMIZATION (BASED ON MY RIG SPECIFICATIONS!):

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

FINAL OVERALL RATING:

gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png
gSJZP3I.png

2mWrJc6.png

when-a-friend-asks-for-advice-on-a-game-you-3932200.png