Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Feb 10, 2011
Activity

0%

Longevity

74%

[MENTION=240]Kreps[/MENTION] but is it really a job of the platoon leaders. you and me both know what platoon leaders do and i can't remember a time when it was enforced or even suggested or reminded that they be playing with their platoon members that were recently added.

this is basically a chance for new recruits to have some interactions and experiences playing with others in the game so they don't lose interest in fever.

To my knowledge, it is but i know it isn't enforced and I'd rather have that focus and attention set over here. :) Platoon management itself is important enough by itself with the activity and such.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

Update:
Program should be live shortly. Waiting on a finalization meeting with upper staff

|Fever| Jerks

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Dec 21, 2011
Activity

0%

Longevity

68%

Kay, finally had time to process this thread.

I have concerns with parts of the program and implementation.
At face value, I thought the program was going to just be kind of like getting new recruits to meet a mentor or a new friend to play games with on teamspeak to keep them active and also introduce them to the game's community. So they grow a niche of friends to play league or whatever game theyre playing.

After reading, it seems like you want to add more to it including guidance in how Fever works, showing them the ropes, acting as a person to contact if they have any questions about Fever and what not.
At this point, I agree with [MENTION=240]Kreps[/MENTION] that this is already the platoon leaders job. We'd have to train the mentors how to appropriately answer these questions and its just too many people doing the same things.

I think its better to keep it simpler, with just introduction of mentee to mentor so that they play some games in their groups of friends and that they remain engaged in the community. Monitoring that they get the post in is platoon leaders job of activity tracking but I dont want to have people send reminders because thats just holding their hand and we want mature members who agreed to the conditions already of remaining an active member.

Implementation:
Several ways:
Keep a thread updated with mentor list of mentees under their name. In that thread mention the mentee and mentor so they get that connection and then also send pms to the mentees and mentors introducing them to each other.
Only problem I see with this is if the mentee doesnt end up checking the forums again then its a lost cause.

We could have it like we get pinpoint persons who are actively on and playing a certain game to be a mentor. And at the end of the interview bring them to the mentor so they can start playing like the next game or so. That way they are already engaged and playing with a group. I can expand on this method if people don't understand it.
[MENTION=46290]Kodexx[/MENTION] anyways we keep missing each other. That day I told you Id come back on after workout, the teamspeak went down and had no clue where to go. And then the other times you messaged me, I was afk and when I came back you were gone. Sorry.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

Kay, finally had time to process this thread.

I have concerns with parts of the program and implementation.
At face value, I thought the program was going to just be kind of like getting new recruits to meet a mentor or a new friend to play games with on teamspeak to keep them active and also introduce them to the game's community. So they grow a niche of friends to play league or whatever game theyre playing.

After reading, it seems like you want to add more to it including guidance in how Fever works, showing them the ropes, acting as a person to contact if they have any questions about Fever and what not.
At this point, I agree with @Kreps that this is already the platoon leaders job. We'd have to train the mentors how to appropriately answer these questions and its just too many people doing the same things.

I think its better to keep it simpler, with just introduction of mentee to mentor so that they play some games in their groups of friends and that they remain engaged in the community. Monitoring that they get the post in is platoon leaders job of activity tracking but I dont want to have people send reminders because thats just holding their hand and we want mature members who agreed to the conditions already of remaining an active member.

Implementation:
Several ways:
Keep a thread updated with mentor list of mentees under their name. In that thread mention the mentee and mentor so they get that connection and then also send pms to the mentees and mentors introducing them to each other.
Only problem I see with this is if the mentee doesnt end up checking the forums again then its a lost cause.

We could have it like we get pinpoint persons who are actively on and playing a certain game to be a mentor. And at the end of the interview bring them to the mentor so they can start playing like the next game or so. That way they are already engaged and playing with a group. I can expand on this method if people don't understand it.
@Kodexx anyways we keep missing each other. That day I told you Id come back on after workout, the teamspeak went down and had no clue where to go. And then the other times you messaged me, I was afk and when I came back you were gone. Sorry.

Exactly, After reading what Kreps and yourself had said and some thinking, I am in agreeance with letting Officers and platoon leaders handle any questions/guidance that may arise. Gotta follow K.I.S.S(keep it simple stupid) haha. The base idea is exactly what you stated. Having active members be mentors that way new recruits always have somebody to have fun and game with basically. In essence, that's what this program will be. Making sure Recruits meet people, So they don't leave.

No biggie, I work during peak hours (4pm-midnight), I was actually just going to state pretty muche evrything you posted when we got the chance to talk XD

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

Update 03/01/2015:

After a great, long conversation with @born we have came up with a game plan for the finalization and implementationn of the mentorship program shortly.

1.)We will need to talk a little more with @Aug in regards to working with the applications team to make this whole project a go. In short, We hope to have the applications team simply pitch the mentorship program to a new recruit, if they say yes, the interviewer will see if a mentor is on in teamspeak, if so, they would pair them on the spot to immediately show that Fever is a clan with an "Arms wide open" mentality. If no mentors are on, They would just make a quick post stating theres a new recruit needing a mentor, at this point, the mentorship team would take over completely. As i stated, we will need to talk about this aspect of the project in more detail.

2.) We will be recruiting some more mentors we are aiming for one(1) mentor per small(less active) game and three(3) per large(more active) games during the trial period as to not overload mentors with to many mentees.

3.) We will plan on implementing a "After action report" of sorts for random mentees, simply asking how their mentor was, if they made an attempt to play game with them and if they are enjoying their time in Fever. This approach will allow mentors to focus more on playing games and having fun with their mentees than logging every single activity they partake in with every mentee, We hope to make the mentor job as stress free as we can.

4.) We will be announcing the mentorship program shortly to the clan in the entirety shortly(once a few strings are tied) to allow open enrollments to new recruits and allowing members that are interested to take the position of Mentor

I hope everybody is happy with how the project is coming along, I know i can't wait to go live!!
@Ayden Pride @Blackstone @Izzo @Miss Joker [MENTION=240]Kreps[/MENTION]

|Fever| Blazemost

Retired
Clan Rank
Retired Member
Oct 6, 2012
Washington
Activity

0%

Longevity

62%

the applications team simply pitch the mentorship program to a new recruit, if they say yes, the interviewer will see if a mentor is on in teamspeak, if so, they would pair them on the spot to immediately show that Fever is a clan with an "Arms wide open" mentality.

This is good, it would take some time to get the execution going to they are aware of it so that we remember it's available.

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

This is good, it would take some time to get the execution going to they are aware of it so that we remember it's available.
Im glad you like it! I fully agree it would take a bit to actually get everybody on the same track, However, Once its all rock solid, i can see this being a huge tool in retaining members!

|Fever| Gaudkiller

Clan Leader
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2012
NY
Activity

0%

Longevity

64%

as we discussed last night [MENTION=46290]Kodexx[/MENTION] I'll help Ya with the RPG/MMO crowds

Users who are viewing this thread