Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Dec 21, 2011
Activity

0%

Longevity

67%

Not my original idea. So whoever thought of this can add more details please.

Similar to coaching program. This is to get new members to find people willing to play with and spend some time with each other. We provide matchmaking of mentors to mentees who play the same game. This is so they can create friendships and groups. This can also be used for new players to new games seeking more experienced players. Kinda similar to coaching.

Can someone expand on this please.
[MENTION=1465]Ayden Pride[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

|Fever| Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Activity

0%

Longevity

72%

Well I know I ran a mentorship program between junior and senior officers. Is that what you're of going for but with just gaming instead?

|Fever| Jerks

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Dec 21, 2011
Activity

0%

Longevity

67%

[MENTION=29]Rafiee[/MENTION] indeed! To link people together especially for newer recruits!

|Fever| Ayden Pride

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jul 28, 2012
South Jersey, US
Activity

0%

Longevity

63%

The idea was that we noticed after the initial joining of fever members kinda of fell off TS and then went inactive to combat this i came up with the mentor idea which was simply to have around 4 new recruits assigned to a mentor (without recruits knowledge). The mentors then pull the recruits into a group of people who play their game and basically help them make bonds after a period of a month or sooner if the recruit is a social butterfly the recruits are removed from the program and new recruits given to the mentor.... That was my basic idea but we didn't have the member base in our department to try and implement it but ideas are more then welcome!

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

[MENTION=1465]Ayden Pride[/MENTION]

I really like this idea, However, I think the recruits need to know fully well, This is "Joe Blo" he will be your mentor while you are in your first month or so here at Fever. I believe it may implement a "distrust" or something of that nature if a recruit finds out their new buddy was "assigned" to them if they though otherwise, Obviously the mentors would be volunteering and would be enjoying doing this but recruits may not see if that way if they weren't told up front. regardless, if we don't tell them it will become known to them down the road.

I have had this idea in my head for a week or so already, im glad you thought of it as well

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

Mentorship Program Update

As of 02/23/2015 I have taken "Lead" on this project.

So to better track the ideas we have going on about this project and to move forward on the process i would like to start getting input from other members of the retention department as well as anybody outside.

Last night, @Ayden Pride and i discussed what the general idea for the Mentorship program was going to be.
Essentially the idea we came up with was.

1.) We would gather volunteers from within Fever that are currently members and have a reputation for being good people that know what they are talking about when it comes to their game and Fever as a whole. (5 Fever members to start as a trial phase). These members would then be assigned between 2-4 new recruits that play the game they play(primarily), they would add them on said game, contact them VIA the Fever forums telling them that they will be their mentor and are there to help them meet people in Fever, learn the ropes of fever and to answer any basic questions they may have(anything to in depth they would introduce them to an officer). Said Mentors would also be responsible for keeping the Mentee as active as possible in the first month or so they are here unless they believe they are ready to go sooner than that. This would include getting them on teamspeak and checking to see if they make a post within 2 weeks to prevent getting kicked for inactivity

After talking with @wal1ace last night we brainstormed up another variation of what this could be.

2.) We would gather volunteers from within Fever that are currently members and have a reputation for being good people that know what they are talking about when it comes to their game and Fever as a whole. (5 Fever members to start as a trial phase). Instead of assigning new recruits to Mentors, the Mentor would be responsible for combing through Teamspeak looking for new fever members that are sitting alone and try to make contact with them to figure out what games they play and ultimately bring them down to a channel to meet new people.

After talking with @born today
He brought up a valid point of using the initial plan that Ayden and i had thought up but changing it a tad bit to making the "Mentorship Program" completely optional, The application team would mention it as part of their closing and ask the new recruit if they would like to be assigned a mentor. (I believe it should be suggested they do so to make the transition easier) However, if the recruit says they do not want to take part, they are completely able to opt out. (However, The Retention Department should still keep tabs on these recruits i believe to catch any inactivity and ask them whats going on)

In closing,
I do not want to see this project fail, I want as much input from everybody that i can possibly get to make this program work.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your much needed input,
Kodexx
[MENTION=34267]Kesem[/MENTION]​

Last edited:

|Fever| Gaudkiller

Clan Leader
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Jul 19, 2012
NY
Activity

0%

Longevity

64%

If you need a guinea pig mentor I can be one of the first to take some . Your call [MENTION=1465]Ayden Pride[/MENTION] and [MENTION=300]born[/MENTION]

|Fever| Vex

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jan 14, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

47%

If you need a guinea pig mentor I can be one of the first to take some . Your call @Ayden Pride and @born
I would like some of the first few mentors to hopefully be Officers or OITs. You all will be the best i feel to get real feedback from.

I appreciate it!

|Fever| Ayden Pride

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Jul 28, 2012
South Jersey, US
Activity

0%

Longevity

63%

I do like the idea of them being asked if they want to a mentor but then the issue lies with people that would say yes are prob outgoing enough and would make friends in the community and stick around without being mentored.

I

Izzo

[MENTION=46290]Kodexx[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Ayden Pride[/MENTION] [MENTION=300]born[/MENTION] why not have a pool/rotation of people that are willing to be mentors and when the platoon leader sends their welcome message have them put something like this in

Hello (insert name) and Welcome to the family,

We know being in a new place can be intimating at times, but never fear (insert officer or MSG >'s name) has volunteered to be your guide! They wish to be your friend, your mentor, and liaison within Fever. Of coarse as your platoon leader I can be all of those things but (insert officer or MSG >'s name) has expressed interest in helping their fellow Feverins get acquainted with the clan.

P.S. I think anyone in the support department should be prime to be a mentor as the job requires a helpful nature in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread