Emtro

Non-Member
Oct 3, 2012
Arlington, TX
In short, this is a side character's title match. He learned his own unique style of boxing and we get it in full during this match. You have to watch till the ending credits to get the full effect...

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - Rising - Episode 5 - 100% Fake

3 Warnings:
  1. This is a sports anime
  2. This is subtitled
  3. This site (crunchyroll) does not stream illegally so there are ads for free content like this (blockable with adblock+)

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
In short, this is a side character's title match. He learned his own unique style of boxing and we get it in full during this match. You have to watch till the ending credits to get the full effect...

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - Rising - Episode 5 - 100% Fake

3 Warnings:
  1. This is a sports anime
  2. This is subtitled
  3. This site (crunchyroll) does not stream illegally so there are ads for free content like this (blockable with adblock+)

>This is subtitled

Nothing wrong with that? Dubbed is trash.

Emtro

Non-Member
Oct 3, 2012
Arlington, TX
Very rarely it's the other way around but some people just can't stand subtitles. If that weren't the case there would be SOOOO many more anime fans out there it's not even funny.

Leo

Retired Clan Leader
Dec 18, 2012
Aperture Science
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
I'm not a huge fan of sports animes.

Now speaking of dubs: I actually prefer dubs (please don't rage at me lol). I don't mind subs (and I watch quite a few), but the main downside for me is that it isn't possible to multitask while watching. Some of you are going to kill me, but I like to do other things while I have anime and tv shows playing.... which is much harder to do when there are subtitles.

A few of us discussed this in the wow channel of teamspeak tonight... just thought i would bring it to the forums.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of sports animes.

Now speaking of dubs: I actually prefer dubs (please don't rage at me lol). I don't mind subs (and I watch quite a few), but the main downside for me is that it isn't possible to multitask while watching. Some of you are going to kill me, but I like to do other things while I have anime and tv shows playing.... which is much harder to do when there are subtitles.

A few of us discussed this in the wow channel of teamspeak tonight... just thought i would bring it to the forums.

Everybody has a preference. I just try to get people to avoid most Dubs because, for me at least, it kills the "feel" of watching an Anime. Plus, most current airing and even ended already shows, are behind on Dubs, so that's a downside too.

ERoday

Non-Member
Aug 5, 2012
Everybody has a preference. I just try to get people to avoid most Dubs because, for me at least, it kills the "feel" of watching an Anime. Plus, most current airing and even ended already shows, are behind on Dubs, so that's a downside too.

I prefer good dubs to subs. I think my biggest problem with subs is that even though the emotion and voice acting is great like 90% of the time it doesn't move me emotionally like I feel it should. There are some exceptions of course like the "I want to live" speech in One Piece and the "I want to violently murder you" one in Bleach (the dub totally fucked that delivery up btw) but yeah I do wish the subbed versions could do it for me but sadly 90% of the time they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread