Being "That" guy (1 Viewer)

Collision

Jul 7, 2014
North Carolina
Activity

0%

Longevity

15%

Okay so for anyone who doesn't know me I've been in fever for a while and just started playing league about a month and a half ago, I played CS:GO before that and got annoyed with the typical end-game stupidity.

I would like some input on how people feel about early game quitters, now we all know there are games that you know are over before 20 min if its 0-15 at 10min or something like that, I just had one of those last night. However what I do not understand is why the other team could be up maybe 5 kills and have 1 more drag than you for example and one of your teammates starts blabbing on and on about how the games been over since 5 minutes or something like that, Maybe I'm just missing something since I'm new but these kind of people are in every game I have been playing lately.

The question is, am i missing something or do people just give up in games too quick? PLEASE do not be "That guy" and start complaining 3-5 minutes into the game saying its over cause somethings not going your way or a teammate has died a couple times. It's really been frustrating me lately with how everyone sees this game I have NEVER seen people so angry and embarrassed that they want to quit a game in 3 minutes. Is this just a league thing or is everyone a drama queen in this game????

|Fever| Sithis

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nickname
Memento mori
Jul 12, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
feverclan.com
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

Not everyone is that way, unfortunately some people feel the need to be toxic and have a negative attitude real quick, for example someone on your team gives up first blood, or the enemy team got the first tower. That negative attitude is what costs games as it effects the way people play and feel towards the game. These people I guess are used to more solo type games where your win doesn't matter about how other players perform. Don't know exactly what my point was with this but thats what I think about negative people in league. ;O

|Fever| Spectre

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Feb 9, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

lol i will help you with this.
Yes this is League for you. The biggest playerbase in the world. also home to the largest toxic and angry community.
People take this game too seriously.
I've had my fair share of raging and about 2 years ago i started to control myself. Wait until you are level 30 and start doing ranked. You will run into more toxic, trolls, and crybabies. Your best option is to instantly block any toxic player as soon as they start doing it, even though u know that are wrong. Everyone you face will think that they are right and do not see that to get better you MUST see your own mistakes and make sure you dont do it again.

You are almost guaranteed 8/10 games you will have someone who is toxic, chat ban, or has been banned for an extended period of time.
So the sooner you block the toxic players the sooner you can get back to your game and win win win.
It's a proven statistic that toxic behavior causes you to lose more games even if your teammate is toxic.
their attitude affect the game, your teammates, and how you play.

Once you get the blocking down, the game is actually decent.

Spectre ;)

Collision

Jul 7, 2014
North Carolina
Activity

0%

Longevity

15%

I completely get where you too are coming from with the negativity side, that is sort of what i was talking about but I just wanted to be clear whether this was how toxic a game can really get or if it was just me. Now I know first hand how bad people in the steam community can be but only run into a smaller portion of what this game has to offer. Trolling is mainly what you get on steam and just being crazy breaking stuff til ur mom wakes up is LoL. I will definatly take it upon myself to see how high my blocklist has to get before those kids dwindle down a bit.

|Fever| Dieluck

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Apr 17, 2014
Activity

0%

Longevity

16%

welcome to LoL.
it never stops.
agree with spectre.

bboydisc

Aug 7, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

I once had someone who tried to surrender every chance he got even though we were winning the game, just because he died to a face check

|Fever| Ghost

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
The Mexican Blubber Lover aka The Panty Monk
Aug 2, 2013
NewYork
Activity

0%

Longevity

17%

depending on the placement and player it all really depends on the user!

OmnipresentRage

Non-Member
Aug 10, 2015
FL, USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

Tilting is a thing that happens in most online PVP. Things don't go someone's way, they start reacting negatively. We're all guilty of it every now and again. I don't understand the ragequit or AFK thing myself, as I tend to not believe games are over until the nexus blows up. There's always a chance of a throw or an anime comeback. :3

DiamondSamurai

Non-Member
May 26, 2015
Activity

0%

Longevity

13%

Nah people whine. Just ignore them and unless there is high evidence that the game is over, a game is never over until the nexus falls. "/mute all" helps if needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread