BDO is TO pay to win. Sliphantom's video on WoT made me realize this. | Gaming Community | FeverClan

BDO is TO pay to win. Sliphantom's video on WoT made me realize this. (1 Viewer)

|Fever| Ian

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
May 27, 2016
Activity

0%

Longevity

12%

[video=youtube_share;6gSo91xLNvc]https://youtu.be/6gSo91xLNvc[/video]

Sliphantom is a World of Tanks YouTuber that makes comedic videos, but can make very thought provoking videos. A lot of the points made in this video about Pay to win made me think about BDO and how it wares down your patience to part ways with your hard earned money...

Honestly, BDO isn't nearly as bad as WoT where 90 percent of the premium content is consumable and can be blown all in one go... But Value packs for example, they lower your tax, give you the option to dye clothes, increase your weight, inventory, xp boost, it's a big deal to have one... It adds a lot to the gameplay and when it takes it away, it basically shuts down your cities until you go in and clean the storage up,and basically adds this whiplash effect that you have to recover from just to keep playing. It adds a dependency and can be a bad thing to have because of the side effects. Not to mention all the other items, since they're just one character, it makes playing multiple characters just unbearable because you grow accustomed to playing one way, and then suddenly you hit that wall that you broke down with money on another. Theoretically, you can get EVERYTHING on the marketplace, but lets be real... You're competing with like 100s of others... Getting premium items is pretty much a pipe dream.

BDO isn't pay to win, but it is to pay to win, by wearing down your patience. That's what "pay-for-convenience" is.

|Fever| WaywordOne

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Clan Job 1
Game Night Host FFXIV
Clan Job 2
Recruiting FFXIV
Jan 10, 2017
Las Vegas
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

WoT is ptw and bdo isnt really i mean the only pay thing that makes a huge difference is a value pack however u can get it in auction... so pay for convenience

|Fever| Bloodlotus

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Nov 30, 2016
MN
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

Naw bdo is not p2w, its all for convenience, u have to keep in mind that bdo is free to play after you buy it, value pack costs the same as your wow sub so just think of it that way. Also there is a cap on the silver u can get from selling pearl items so thats not viable as it would take thousands of dollars and several weeks for you to "p2w" your way to gs with ppl that play the game the way it was meant to be played. BTW getting pearl items off the MP is not a pipe dream, i got witch's weeping willow the other week off MP, value packs are the only thing thats hard to get off MP.

|Fever| WaywordOne

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Clan Job 1
Game Night Host FFXIV
Clan Job 2
Recruiting FFXIV
Jan 10, 2017
Las Vegas
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

idk i hate the mp and i do buy pearls but im behind u guys in GS but not in other departments

|Fever| Hedd

Clan Member
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Jun 25, 2012
Activity

0%

Longevity

19%

What exactly does Tanks have to do with BDO again?

|Fever| WaywordOne

Clan Members
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Clan Job 1
Game Night Host FFXIV
Clan Job 2
Recruiting FFXIV
Jan 10, 2017
Las Vegas
Activity

0%

Longevity

11%

EVERYTHING!

|Fever| Mossyoak

Vetted Officer
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Nickname
King of the Waffles(Hates Pancakes)
Mar 5, 2015
Laurens, South Carolina
Activity

0%

Longevity

14%

I mean it can be considered P2W if you're willing to just throw hundreds or even thousands of dollars at the game to actually make any decent money. It's roughly 1mil per $1. So to buy a boss TeT weapon you would need well over $1,000..

GosuSavage

May 13, 2017
Orlando,Florida
Activity

0%

Longevity

10%

I agree BDO is by far the least pay to win Korean MMO. I think Tera is about the same(model wise) and no one calls it P2W. I can see with the latest feature using pearls to instantly complete stuff but that would take thousands of dollars in pearls to make it profitable in a short time. I have fell in love with black desert in the short amount of time i have played it for sure one of my permanent resident games.

litarius

May 30, 2018
USA
Activity

0%

Longevity

8%

I think if you tried really hard to p2w, then you could, but it is mostly impractical.

Users who are viewing this thread