A reason, I think, why it's a dubious choice to play 1 class only/season...

Ralic

Clan Member
May 2, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Morning,

I've played season 14, as most know, with only a Demon Hunter. Initially it was not an issue. At higher levels it became frustrating to constantly try to fight my way up to GR95. Admittedly using only 1 class set, Marauder, was also an issue. Not having a secondary class to 'fall back' on for a break added to the building of frustration for me. GR93 has me stopped cold. Different amulets, rings, off hand switches, gem removing ad nauseam ( thank the stars, moon, planets, and whomever else saw to remove the cost of taking out gems ) all futile. Maybe I couldn't find the right mix of the latter to get beyond that danged portal always snickering at me way down the hall at the end of GR93.

One class only has kept my stash amazingly clean and/or empty. Minor victory for me, but I'll take it at this point. I did become, I think, rather skilled in using that Marauder set effectively up to its limits. Or mine. Maybe a little heavier use of vault to find my way through GRs faster, yeah, but the back of my head was always saying 'don't use it up to almost empty, you know that elite you find will have frozen, arcane, poison, and, oh yes, teleport.' Keeping at range for my damage output at maximum is almost impossible against those teleporters or fast walkers.

Oh well, lived it, learned from it, didn't write a book about it ( posts like this, I believe, do not count as a book heh ) and didn't find the gift shop for that ever popular 'I came to Season 14, kicked arse, chewed bubble gum, was chewed up like bubblegum, and didn't get a T-shirt' coffee stein ( a stein, of course, because after that season I'd need a stout or 3 to chill out )
Speeding onward to Season 15, getting ready to hunt once more into the depths for treasure finding.

Ralic

Reactions: 2 users

Ghist

Clan General
Oct 23, 2017
Washington State
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I also thought playing only one class would guarantee better drops, I was proven wrong pretty hard during season 14. I had really crappy drops for my Wizard. Playing different classes helps to fight the boredom when nothing drops for your main class.

SugarShane

Vetted Officer
Sep 18, 2018
FLORIDA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Last season (14) I started a little late and ran a non-seasonal WD and a seasonal Barb and Crusader. I got GR 75 on WD, maybe 80 on Barb and 88 on Crusader even though I only ran the Crusader for a couple of weeks. I decided to run a Necro this season and was determined to run it alone and keep focused on it, but this post has made me realize that it was pretty fun to change focus roughly mid-season for me.... although I didnt get the barbarian as high as I should have as a result. I also didnt meet my goal of doing 4 man.... at least not legitimately without being totally supported during para leveling.

One of my other concerns is sheer lack of stash/inventory space for the different characters. How do you manage to keep your stuff for different characters straight? With only two characters (seasonal), I was still space taxed.

Ralic

Clan Member
May 2, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Last season (14) I started a little late and ran a non-seasonal WD and a seasonal Barb and Crusader. I got GR 75 on WD, maybe 80 on Barb and 88 on Crusader even though I only ran the Crusader for a couple of weeks. I decided to run a Necro this season and was determined to run it alone and keep focused on it, but this post has made me realize that it was pretty fun to change focus roughly mid-season for me.... although I didnt get the barbarian as high as I should have as a result. I also didnt meet my goal of doing 4 man.... at least not legitimately without being totally supported during para leveling.

One of my other concerns is sheer lack of stash/inventory space for the different characters. How do you manage to keep your stuff for different characters straight? With only two characters (seasonal), I was still space taxed.

Morning,

Stash management can be an issue for myself. 'I might need it someday' syndrome. I've been trying to adjust that by playing with the sets for classes, and picking ONLY 2 sets per class to keep. I devote, most times, only one stash box to a class, its sets, and add on pieces. Primals get their own stash box. Gems, GR keys, and realm keys all get put together in another. Legendary gems get their own; follower items and potions get put together. This works pretty well for me most of the time, though I admit there are days where I go through each stash and make decisions on whether keep some pieces or not. Nearing end of season, anything I've not used item wise ( weapons, jewelry, and armour) get melted to parts to save on non season stash combining.

There are some other ideas too, they just escape my brain's capacity to remember them at this point. Additionally you can right click the image of the 'chest' image on the right hand side of each tab. Right click on it and new panel opens up and you can set that chest to the image of your choice. Images for all classes, crafting, and so on. Good luck and hope this helps you some.

Good hunting and speedy rifts,

Ralic

Sidonis

Vetted Member
Jul 18, 2018
Columbus, OH
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Honestly I feel like the only classes that can be stuck to for an entire season are those that are wanted for meta/rats, such as Barb, Monk, Necro, Wiz, Sader. The reason being that their group runs get them past the break points such as what Ralic experienced on his DH would have been surpassed by farming Paragon and gems at a higher level than he was pushing solo GR. You also have different playstyles/sets that help break up the boredom aspect with these classes, such as zBarb w/Wastes for Rats, support Barb w/Raekor for meta, and HotA w/IK for solo pushing. DH and WD just don't get the group love that the other 5 classes do currently.

Sidonis

Vetted Member
Jul 18, 2018
Columbus, OH
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Morning,

Stash management can be an issue for myself. 'I might need it someday' syndrome. I've been trying to adjust that by playing with the sets for classes, and picking ONLY 2 sets per class to keep. I devote, most times, only one stash box to a class, its sets, and add on pieces. Primals get their own stash box. Gems, GR keys, and realm keys all get put together in another. Legendary gems get their own; follower items and potions get put together. This works pretty well for me most of the time, though I admit there are days where I go through each stash and make decisions on whether keep some pieces or not. Nearing end of season, anything I've not used item wise ( weapons, jewelry, and armour) get melted to parts to save on non season stash combining.

There are some other ideas too, they just escape my brain's capacity to remember them at this point. Additionally you can right click the image of the 'chest' image on the right hand side of each tab. Right click on it and new panel opens up and you can set that chest to the image of your choice. Images for all classes, crafting, and so on. Good luck and hope this helps you some.

Good hunting and speedy rifts,

Ralic

I use the stash tab images as well, really helps keep things straight.

BoondockEOD

Vetted Officer
Jul 20, 2018
HInesville, GA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
So I make it mandatory for myself to play more than once class. Yeah I will probably only push with one class, however that class is usually Demon Hunter so in order to be competitive I need to run something that I can group with. I feel like no matter what you play, in order to be competitive you have to run with a group or you will get left in the dust for paragon levels and legendary gems levels.

Users who are viewing this thread