Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Showcase: Show us your models!

Warhammer Table Top can get really expensive, and really in depth. Use this thread to show off your hard work, or other really cool stuff you might hav

Rate This Thread: Showcase: Show us your models!

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 5690 times.

1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm

04-21-2017, 10:01 AM

Showcase: Show us your models!

Warhammer Table Top can get really expensive, and really in depth. Use this thread to show off your hard work, or other really cool stuff you might have run across!

Necrons, Orks, and Nids..... oh my!

2. 04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
    Warhammer Table Top can get really expensive, and really in depth. Use this thread to show off your hard work, or other really cool stuff you might have run across!

Necrons, Orks, and Nids..... oh my!

Twitter Facebook Google+
  3. Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    Canada

Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm
    Fever Coins
    390 Showcase: Show us your models!
    Clan Jobs
    1: Content Creator
    2: YouTube Team member

04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
    Would a link out to a photo bucket or IMGUR album be the most prudent way to share photos in this thread? Or just some choice shots smacked in to a thread reply?
  4. 04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
    Would a link out to a photo bucket or IMGUR album be the most prudent way to share photos in this thread? Or just some choice shots smacked in to a thread reply?
  5. Private First Class
    Canada

Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm
    Fever Coins
    Clan Jobs

04-23-2017, 02:05 AM
    Orks_army_whole.jpgDakkajet.jpg

Here's some photos just in the forum thread. A wide angle of the whole of my collection at the time. I think this photo was taken fall of 2016, around the time I finish painting my battlewagon. The other photo is probably the model I'm most proud of, it's the one my wife let's me display on the book case haha. It's the old dakkajet! I love the Ork planes. They have this super old worldy feel to them that just brings me a lot of joy. Like they belong in a WW2 battle instead of a super futuristic alien species that travels through space. I'm very proud to say I did the basing myself!
  6. 04-23-2017, 02:05 AM
    Orks_army_whole.jpgDakkajet.jpg

Here's some photos just in the forum thread. A wide angle of the whole of my collection at the time. I think this photo was taken fall of 2016, around the time I finish painting my battlewagon. The other photo is probably the model I'm most proud of, it's the one my wife let's me display on the book case haha. It's the old dakkajet! I love the Ork planes. They have this super old worldy feel to them that just brings me a lot of joy. Like they belong in a WW2 battle instead of a super futuristic alien species that travels through space. I'm very proud to say I did the basing myself!
  7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm

04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
    Nice shots Etrigahn! I would say you can post whatever you like, but individual shots might work out better. It's up to you.
  8. 04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
    Nice shots Etrigahn! I would say you can post whatever you like, but individual shots might work out better. It's up to you.
  9. Join Date
    May 2017

05-02-2017, 02:35 PM
    20170401_130659.jpg20170401_114458.jpg

Thought I'd share a couple photos. Went for an imperial fist look. Made the grassy terrain myself. Let me know what you all think
  10. 05-02-2017, 02:35 PM
    20170401_130659.jpg20170401_114458.jpg

Thought I'd share a couple photos. Went for an imperial fist look. Made the grassy terrain myself. Let me know what you all think
  11. Private First Class
    Canada

Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm
    Fever Coins
    Clan Jobs

05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
    I'm planning on doing some yellow for my Orks very soon and have watched quite a few tutorials on how to get that true yellow. Could you talk about the process you used here on your imperial fists? They look great!
  12. 05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
    I'm planning on doing some yellow for my Orks very soon and have watched quite a few tutorials on how to get that true yellow. Could you talk about the process you used here on your imperial fists? They look great!
  13. Join Date
    May 2017

05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
    Yeah I'll discuss how I did it when I'm home from work. Don't have time right now to explain in detail
  14. 05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
    Yeah I'll discuss how I did it when I'm home from work. Don't have time right now to explain in detail
  15. Join Date
    May 2017

05-02-2017, 07:05 PM
    So I can't really explain the greatest but I'll try my best. I'm in no means a pro, I think I sorta lucked out on that model. I based it in black so I have a darker yellow at the start, then I'd keep layering yellow (aver land sunset) until I got mostly the color I was looking for.. I think I did 2 coats of yellow, then I used earthshade agrax for shading in the recesses and a light coat over all the yellow.. it changes the yellow just a tad darker. After that dried I dry brushed more yellow being careful to avoid any grooves and recesses. Once all that is done it was just a matter of doing the minor details in whatever colors you would see fit. I would've used a lighter yellow for highlights but I didn't have any so I opted for white highlights. The chest emblem is a combo of black at first (the basecoat), then a lazy dry brush of white, dry brush of lead Belcher ended with dry brush of gold. I hope I explained this well and I hope your models turn out great for you
  16. 05-02-2017, 07:05 PM
    So I can't really explain the greatest but I'll try my best. I'm in no means a pro, I think I sorta lucked out on that model. I based it in black so I have a darker yellow at the start, then I'd keep layering yellow (aver land sunset) until I got mostly the color I was looking for.. I think I did 2 coats of yellow, then I used earthshade agrax for shading in the recesses and a light coat over all the yellow.. it changes the yellow just a tad darker. After that dried I dry brushed more yellow being careful to avoid any grooves and recesses. Once all that is done it was just a matter of doing the minor details in whatever colors you would see fit. I would've used a lighter yellow for highlights but I didn't have any so I opted for white highlights. The chest emblem is a combo of black at first (the basecoat), then a lazy dry brush of white, dry brush of lead Belcher ended with dry brush of gold. I hope I explained this well and I hope your models turn out great for you
  17. Private First Class
    Canada

Main Game
    Heroes of the Storm
    Fever Coins
    Clan Jobs

05-03-2017, 10:51 PM
    With my current projects I'm primed in a fairly mid tone grey that I think I'll be building up from. I think I need to pick up a slightly darker yellow to base coat and then I'll be building up mostly with Yriel Yellow and then doing some edge highlights later on. I'm looking for a bright really orky yellow. Some glaring and kind of ugly haha.
  18. 05-03-2017, 10:51 PM
    With my current projects I'm primed in a fairly mid tone grey that I think I'll be building up from. I think I need to pick up a slightly darker yellow to base coat and then I'll be building up mostly with Yriel Yellow and then doing some edge highlights later on. I'm looking for a bright really orky yellow. Some glaring and kind of ugly haha.