Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  2

Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

Hello! I'm fairly new to the community and always looking to connect with like minded people. Does anyone around play the popular table top war game Wa

Go 12 Last

Rate This Thread: Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

Rated out of 5: 4.00 | Total: 1 ratings given and has been viewed 741 times.

1. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      170 Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

04-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

Hello! I'm fairly new to the community and always looking to connect with like minded people. Does anyone around play the popular table top war game Warhammer 40k? I've been following/off and on playing the game for about 12 or so years now and have always found connecting with new people about the game and it's universe and their experiences to be something I've found enjoyable.

So here as a part of a new community I wanted to extend an open discussion! Have you ever been curious about the series, or played before and stopped? There's a lot to discuss regarding the game as it offers a huge variety of ways to express yourself that go above and beyond the playing of the game.

From painting, to modelling, to even creating miniature terrain scapes for your armies to play in.

Let's discuss!
    2. 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM
      Hello! I'm fairly new to the community and always looking to connect with like minded people. Does anyone around play the popular table top war game Warhammer 40k? I've been following/off and on playing the game for about 12 or so years now and have always found connecting with new people about the game and it's universe and their experiences to be something I've found enjoyable.

So here as a part of a new community I wanted to extend an open discussion! Have you ever been curious about the series, or played before and stopped? There's a lot to discuss regarding the game as it offers a huge variety of ways to express yourself that go above and beyond the playing of the game.

From painting, to modelling, to even creating miniature terrain scapes for your armies to play in.

Let's discuss!
      Twitter Facebook Google+
    3. Likes |Fever| VileKnight, Arimil liked this post
    4. Gunnery Sergeant
      Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins
      2,370 Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
      I used to run Necron. Man that was an expensive addiction..
      When in doubt, Renounce Darkness
    5. 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
      I used to run Necron. Man that was an expensive addiction..
    6. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins

04-21-2017, 09:07 AM
      It certainly can be, especially when you've gone down as deep in to the rabbit hole as I have! Im currently playing Orks so you can imagine I own quite a few models XD
    7. 04-21-2017, 09:07 AM
      It certainly can be, especially when you've gone down as deep in to the rabbit hole as I have! Im currently playing Orks so you can imagine I own quite a few models XD
    8. Major
      Major (MJR)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      18,710 Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?
      Clan Jobs
      1: HOTS Company Administrator
      2: Content Creator Director
      3: HotS Newsletter staff

04-21-2017, 09:56 AM
      I play the TT game with some friends of mine here locally. I run Space Marines, but the painting is coming along slowly. My buddy Josh who runs the group has gotten REALLY good with painting, and I am trying to get him to showcase his work in the hopes he can do commission work. I'll spin up a share thread that will let everyone post pictures of their work. I am always interested to see what others have done.

Side note - I'm going to move this topic over to the Warhammer sub-forum.
      Join the legion of lost souls. Come to Dark Citadel Broadcasting on Twitch! Also check out the official Fever Clan Channel.

Current Playlist: Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda

Help the Fever community by joining the Content Creation team! We would LOVE to have you! PM efgodlike, Hemera, Requ1em, or myself if you want more info or have questions!
    9. 04-21-2017, 09:56 AM
      I play the TT game with some friends of mine here locally. I run Space Marines, but the painting is coming along slowly. My buddy Josh who runs the group has gotten REALLY good with painting, and I am trying to get him to showcase his work in the hopes he can do commission work. I'll spin up a share thread that will let everyone post pictures of their work. I am always interested to see what others have done.

Side note - I'm going to move this topic over to the Warhammer sub-forum.
    10. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins

04-21-2017, 06:46 PM
      Thanks Vile! I'd love to do a share thread, especially if there was a small community of us here on the forums. I love to hear about people's work and the weird and odd techniques people have or do use to paint their models. Have you delved in to any of the other aspects of the hobby? Do you do any custom modelling or conversion work? Make any terrain?
    11. 04-21-2017, 06:46 PM
      Thanks Vile! I'd love to do a share thread, especially if there was a small community of us here on the forums. I love to hear about people's work and the weird and odd techniques people have or do use to paint their models. Have you delved in to any of the other aspects of the hobby? Do you do any custom modelling or conversion work? Make any terrain?
    12. Join Date
      May 2016
      Main Game
      Starcraft 2
      Nickname
      Sir Air Mail

04-21-2017, 07:25 PM
      My brother and I are just getting into TT War games and as such I've tried my skill at painting them. Warhammer 40k is not the TT game we are playing but I do want to get into it at some point. (mini's look fun to paint :P)
    13. 04-21-2017, 07:25 PM
      My brother and I are just getting into TT War games and as such I've tried my skill at painting them. Warhammer 40k is not the TT game we are playing but I do want to get into it at some point. (mini's look fun to paint :P)
    14. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins

04-22-2017, 11:58 PM
      @Arimil The mini's are super fun to paint! GW has some of the highest quality mass production sculpts on the market. Which isn't say tooo much because there's a lot of amazing companies doing a lot of amazing things out there. Have you and your brother heard the news about 8th edition 40k? I'd highly recommend reading some articles on BOLS and doing some googling. Later next year will mark what might be one of the best times to break in to the game. What war game are you guys getting stuck in on?
    15. 04-22-2017, 11:58 PM
      @Arimil The mini's are super fun to paint! GW has some of the highest quality mass production sculpts on the market. Which isn't say tooo much because there's a lot of amazing companies doing a lot of amazing things out there. Have you and your brother heard the news about 8th edition 40k? I'd highly recommend reading some articles on BOLS and doing some googling. Later next year will mark what might be one of the best times to break in to the game. What war game are you guys getting stuck in on?
    16. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins

04-22-2017, 11:58 PM
    17. 04-22-2017, 11:58 PM
    18. Major
      Major (MJR)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      18,710 Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?
      Clan Jobs
      1: HOTS Company Administrator
      2: Content Creator Director
      3: HotS Newsletter staff

04-24-2017, 07:38 PM
      Originally Posted by Etrigahn
      I'll try and snap some photos of the custom work that our ref runs. He makes all the terrain that we use. I haven't had the balls to do any custom work on my own stuff though. Im still trying to master the painting part of it.... however I do have some bad ass Ork's that I did.
      Join the legion of lost souls. Come to Dark Citadel Broadcasting on Twitch! Also check out the official Fever Clan Channel.

Current Playlist: Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda

Help the Fever community by joining the Content Creation team! We would LOVE to have you! PM efgodlike, Hemera, Requ1em, or myself if you want more info or have questions!
    19. 04-24-2017, 07:38 PM
      Originally Posted by Etrigahn
      I'll try and snap some photos of the custom work that our ref runs. He makes all the terrain that we use. I haven't had the balls to do any custom work on my own stuff though. Im still trying to master the painting part of it.... however I do have some bad ass Ork's that I did.
    20. Master Gunnery Sergeant
      Master Gunnery Sergeant (MGYSGT)
      United States

Main Game
      StarCraft 2//World of warcraft//HotS//D3
      Nickname
      Crayon Eater 3.5
      Fever Coins
      4,500 Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?
      Clan Jobs
      1: SC2 Newsletter Staff
      2: YouTube Staff