Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

Does anyone play Warhammer 40k?

Hello! I'm fairly new to the community and always looking to connect with like minded people. Does anyone around play the popular table top war game Warhammer 40k? I've been following/off and on playing the game for about 12 or so years now and have always found connecting with new people about the game and it's universe and their experiences to be something I've found enjoyable.

So here as a part of a new community I wanted to extend an open discussion! Have you ever been curious about the series, or played before and stopped? There's a lot to discuss regarding the game as it offers a huge variety of ways to express yourself that go above and beyond the playing of the game.

From painting, to modelling, to even creating miniature terrain scapes for your armies to play in.

Let's discuss!

2. Likes VileKnight, Arimil liked this post
    United States

User Info Menu

I used to run Necron. Man that was an expensive addiction..

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

It certainly can be, especially when you've gone down as deep in to the rabbit hole as I have! Im currently playing Orks so you can imagine I own quite a few models XD

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

I play the TT game with some friends of mine here locally. I run Space Marines, but the painting is coming along slowly. My buddy Josh who runs the group has gotten REALLY good with painting, and I am trying to get him to showcase his work in the hopes he can do commission work. I'll spin up a share thread that will let everyone post pictures of their work. I am always interested to see what others have done.

Side note - I'm going to move this topic over to the Warhammer sub-forum.

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

Thanks Vile! I'd love to do a share thread, especially if there was a small community of us here on the forums. I love to hear about people's work and the weird and odd techniques people have or do use to paint their models. Have you delved in to any of the other aspects of the hobby? Do you do any custom modelling or conversion work? Make any terrain?

Banned
    United States

User Info Menu

My brother and I are just getting into TT War games and as such I've tried my skill at painting them. Warhammer 40k is not the TT game we are playing but I do want to get into it at some point. (mini's look fun to paint :P)

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

@Arimil The mini's are super fun to paint! GW has some of the highest quality mass production sculpts on the market. Which isn't say tooo much because there's a lot of amazing companies doing a lot of amazing things out there. Have you and your brother heard the news about 8th edition 40k? I'd highly recommend reading some articles on BOLS and doing some googling. Later next year will mark what might be one of the best times to break in to the game. What war game are you guys getting stuck in on?

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

@Arimil The mini's are super fun to paint! GW has some of the highest quality mass production sculpts on the market. Which isn't say tooo much because there's a lot of amazing companies doing a lot of amazing things out there. Have you and your brother heard the news about 8th edition 40k? I'd highly recommend reading some articles on BOLS and doing some googling. Later next year will mark what might be one of the best times to break in to the game. What war game are you guys getting stuck in on?

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigahn View Post
    Thanks Vile! I'd love to do a share thread, especially if there was a small community of us here on the forums. I love to hear about people's work and the weird and odd techniques people have or do use to paint their models. Have you delved in to any of the other aspects of the hobby? Do you do any custom modelling or conversion work? Make any terrain?
    I'll try and snap some photos of the custom work that our ref runs. He makes all the terrain that we use. I haven't had the balls to do any custom work on my own stuff though. Im still trying to master the painting part of it.... however I do have some bad ass Ork's that I did.

Banned
    United States

User Info Menu

I would love to play but that takes a lot lot lot of money lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast