Thread: Heroes of the Storm: Balance Update — October 25, 2016

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

Heroes of the Storm: Balance Update — October 25, 2016

Samuro has roared out the gate to a 65%+ win rate, and Blizzard is looking to take him down a peg or two. We also had a handful of bug fixes.

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

It will be interesting to see if these changes work. The cool down and duration increase seems like the thought is they want you to burn the images down perhaps. That way they have longer until they are back.

@Arimil
    Arimil Self Esteem Project

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

I didn't play a ton of Samuro before the patch, so I don't really feel a huge difference with the balance changes.
    @Krond was sporting the master skin with him before the update, so he might be a good person to weigh in on this one.

Banned
    United States

User Info Menu

I've found that before the updates Li-ming was super good vs Samuro. Now she melts him. 1 Properly timed and placed W will devastate Samuro and his Images.

I think Samuro was fine upon release, with his windwalk move speed just a bit high. So I'm glade they reduced that. But overall I think its mostly people don't know how to play against him. i.e. they forget he can windwalk and go through the front line. All that is needed is to wait for him to make his move. and when he engages, kill him. His Health pool is low enough to kill him, and if he doesn't use windwalk to engage, you can kill him before he engages.

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

Yeah, Li-Ming hurts him a good amount. Lots of AOE is his weakness, because a sharp player can help identify him quickly.

Banned
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VileKnight View Post
    Yeah, Li-Ming hurts him a good amount. Lots of AOE is his weakness, because a sharp player can help identify him quickly.
    I liked in WC3 when the images didn't do damage. Still where annoying to deal with but you could at least see which ones were not doing damage.

Right now I identify which image has the worst pathing. 9/10 times its the real Samuro.

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

I don't find the damage output of the images to be a big deal. 15% isn't very much at all, and they are only 50% of the health he currently has. Its just a matter of learning what to look for.

Clan Member
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant (1SGT)
    United States

User Info Menu

Li-Ming hasn't been a problem for my Samuro. Mirage (the level 4 Spell Shield on Mirror Image cast) really helps, and you can usually chunk her down quite a bit, and have a favorable trade. You don't necessarily get a kill, but if you do the typical Samuro engage of prime your Crit -> Stealth in -> attack, Mirror Image, attack, Crit, attack, you can usually take her down quite a bit while only absorbing 50% of an Orb yourself. Then you just back away, let her run, and continue laning/mercing/ganking.

The real bane of Samuro is Lunara. Her DoT takes him out of stealth as soon as the unbreakable period is over. Yes, Samuro can spend his Q to dispel the DoT, but that's an 18 second cooldown, and Lunara can reapply with a basic attack.

I imagine he'll be hit significantly with this week's nerf, so I'll have to reassess how it stands in a couple days.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

No taggable source landed on this page from a search engine, yet! - FeverClan
SEO Blog