Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

News: CSGO's Next Operation & Source 2 Engine Released This Summer

We have a new operation coming this summer, which was revealed during the presentation for China's release. They also mentioned moving to the Source2 e

Rate This Thread: CSGO's Next Operation & Source 2 Engine Released This Summer

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 70 times.

1. Major
      Major (MJR)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      18,720 CSGO's Next Operation & Source 2 Engine Released This Summer
      Clan Jobs
      1: HOTS Company Administrator
      2: Content Creator Director
      3: HotS Newsletter staff

04-17-2017, 01:07 PM

CSGO's Next Operation & Source 2 Engine Released This Summer

We have a new operation coming this summer, which was revealed during the presentation for China's release. They also mentioned moving to the Source2 engine, which seems could alter the physics slightly. I'll link the article that I found below, and also post the video from that they provided. There is no official release from Valve on this yet.

The new system should optimize performance, though the "feel" of CS:GO may change slightly. While running on the original Source engine, CS:GO utilizes the Havok physics engine. Source 2, on the other hand, uses a new physics engine known as Rubikon.

When the switch to Rubikon occurs, you may feel minor changes to player movement and grenade physics due to the new engine. Rubikon may force players and teams to either adapt existing smoke-throws or create completely new ones. In addition, minor movement changes may not be felt by many, but has significant impact in Competitive. Any miscalculated step can often lead to your death or a missed pick.

Valve previously increased player friction to lessen the "slippery" feel of movement just slightly, and the game felt new as a result. Source 2's Rubikon might introduce a similar effect.

Lastly, the new technology also allows for a destructible environment, though I don't see Valve implementing this feature into CSGO. Allowing players to blast through walls and objects would change Global Offensive's gameplay entirely by creating undesigned routes or bypassing the map's flow. If added, Valve would have essentially created a new game.
      Article from PVPLive
      Join the legion of lost souls. Come to Dark Citadel Broadcasting on Twitch! Also check out the official Fever Clan Channel.

Current Playlist: Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda

Help the Fever community by joining the Content Creation team! We would LOVE to have you! PM efgodlike, Hemera, Requ1em, or myself if you want more info or have questions!
    2. 04-17-2017, 01:07 PM
      We have a new operation coming this summer, which was revealed during the presentation for China's release. They also mentioned moving to the Source2 engine, which seems could alter the physics slightly. I'll link the article that I found below, and also post the video from that they provided. There is no official release from Valve on this yet.

The new system should optimize performance, though the "feel" of CS:GO may change slightly. While running on the original Source engine, CS:GO utilizes the Havok physics engine. Source 2, on the other hand, uses a new physics engine known as Rubikon.

When the switch to Rubikon occurs, you may feel minor changes to player movement and grenade physics due to the new engine. Rubikon may force players and teams to either adapt existing smoke-throws or create completely new ones. In addition, minor movement changes may not be felt by many, but has significant impact in Competitive. Any miscalculated step can often lead to your death or a missed pick.

Valve previously increased player friction to lessen the "slippery" feel of movement just slightly, and the game felt new as a result. Source 2's Rubikon might introduce a similar effect.

Lastly, the new technology also allows for a destructible environment, though I don't see Valve implementing this feature into CSGO. Allowing players to blast through walls and objects would change Global Offensive's gameplay entirely by creating undesigned routes or bypassing the map's flow. If added, Valve would have essentially created a new game.
      Article from PVPLive
      Twitter Facebook Google+
    3. Sergeant
      Sergeant (SGT)
      United States

Fever Coins
      1,010 CSGO's Next Operation & Source 2 Engine Released This Summer

04-21-2017, 09:39 PM
      Waiting on the new operation so I can get that gold op. coin
    4. 04-21-2017, 09:39 PM
      Waiting on the new operation so I can get that gold op. coin
    5. Staff Sergeant