Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Dragoon or Black Mage?

I just recently started FFXIV and was wondering if anyone here had a late game Dragoon/Black Mage. If you do, could you offer your opinions on either o

Rate This Thread: Dragoon or Black Mage?

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 343 times.

1. Corporal
      Corporal (CPL)
      United States

Main Game
      League
      Fever Coins
      700 Dragoon or Black Mage?
      Clan Jobs
      1: Statistics Dept Member

04-17-2017, 07:41 AM

Dragoon or Black Mage?

I just recently started FFXIV and was wondering if anyone here had a late game Dragoon/Black Mage. If you do, could you offer your opinions on either of the classes as I'm stuck deciding between the two!
    2. 04-17-2017, 07:41 AM
      I just recently started FFXIV and was wondering if anyone here had a late game Dragoon/Black Mage. If you do, could you offer your opinions on either of the classes as I'm stuck deciding between the two!
      Twitter Facebook Google+
    3. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      United States

Fever Coins
      120 Dragoon or Black Mage?

04-17-2017, 05:59 PM
      Alright I've leveled all the battle classes up to 60 and heres what I've got to say for each of the classes.
      Dragoon: Do you like a Melee class that has one of the highest dps in the game all while having a load of unique movement based abilities that will have your character bouncing from enemy to another as you spin across the tip of your lance surrounded in an Aura the a dragon. If that is so then Dragoon is the one for you, Being that it is the highest dps class in the game IF the dragoon is good. I'm sure many can put up for debate Monk or Ninja aswell and i'm not shaming them but Dragoon does its job well as far as killing things and doing it in a cool manner.
      Black mage: I Feel I have one of the better opinions of this class because it was the first one I leveled myself; It is indeed your classic mage class. Don't expect to move to much as in the late game the less you move the more your dps increases, and Blackmage aswell as Dragoon and machinist all have the unique ability to deal so much DPS that you're pulling aggro from the Tank ( Again this is all things considered a good tank shouldn't loose aggro blah ) Anyways, If you like BIG CRIT number and huge amazing eye sparkling spells along with a very cool class and job storyline then Black-mage is the way to go. I personally gave up on Black-mage because I like the Melee and being more movement based.

All in all both classes are a good choice and I promise you that once you level one to 60 you're going to level another class; So don't freat to hard on what class to choose ect.. because FFXIV is unqiue with allowing you to have a character that can be anything at anytime. But do be warned and don't be scared off because every class at a low level is boring; Even when you get the actual jobs themselfs dragoon ninja monk ect... do things just start to get a bit more interresting with your rotation. Stick it through and with my run down of each of those classes I feel you can't go wrong. Enjoy the wonderfull world and deep story that Eorzea has to offer. Both classes have good storylines and I feel you can't go wrong with ether of them so long as you understand mage = standing still ... Dragoon = high mobility and high dps
    4. 04-17-2017, 05:59 PM
      Alright I've leveled all the battle classes up to 60 and heres what I've got to say for each of the classes.
      Dragoon: Do you like a Melee class that has one of the highest dps in the game all while having a load of unique movement based abilities that will have your character bouncing from enemy to another as you spin across the tip of your lance surrounded in an Aura the a dragon. If that is so then Dragoon is the one for you, Being that it is the highest dps class in the game IF the dragoon is good. I'm sure many can put up for debate Monk or Ninja aswell and i'm not shaming them but Dragoon does its job well as far as killing things and doing it in a cool manner.
      Black mage: I Feel I have one of the better opinions of this class because it was the first one I leveled myself; It is indeed your classic mage class. Don't expect to move to much as in the late game the less you move the more your dps increases, and Blackmage aswell as Dragoon and machinist all have the unique ability to deal so much DPS that you're pulling aggro from the Tank ( Again this is all things considered a good tank shouldn't loose aggro blah ) Anyways, If you like BIG CRIT number and huge amazing eye sparkling spells along with a very cool class and job storyline then Black-mage is the way to go. I personally gave up on Black-mage because I like the Melee and being more movement based.

All in all both classes are a good choice and I promise you that once you level one to 60 you're going to level another class; So don't freat to hard on what class to choose ect.. because FFXIV is unqiue with allowing you to have a character that can be anything at anytime. But do be warned and don't be scared off because every class at a low level is boring; Even when you get the actual jobs themselfs dragoon ninja monk ect... do things just start to get a bit more interresting with your rotation. Stick it through and with my run down of each of those classes I feel you can't go wrong. Enjoy the wonderfull world and deep story that Eorzea has to offer. Both classes have good storylines and I feel you can't go wrong with ether of them so long as you understand mage = standing still ... Dragoon = high mobility and high dps
    5. Brigadier General
      Brigadier General (BG)
      Australia

Main Game
      StarCraft 2
      Nickname
      The Rockin' Alpaca
      Fever Coins
      7,710 Dragoon or Black Mage?
      Clan Jobs
      1: StarCraft 2 Company Commander
      2: StarCraft 2 Coach
      3: Dropbears CO
      4: Imagineering Assistant Director

04-19-2017, 06:32 AM
      Originally Posted by King

I play a Black Mage myself. sitting about 44 or 45 currently.
      Though Been tempted to go for a Dragoon after I eventually get to 60 on my Black Mage.
    6. 04-19-2017, 06:32 AM
      Originally Posted by King

I play a Black Mage myself. sitting about 44 or 45 currently.
      Though Been tempted to go for a Dragoon after I eventually get to 60 on my Black Mage.
    7. Private
      Private Rank (PVT)
      United States

Fever Coins
      120 Dragoon or Black Mage?

04-20-2017, 04:15 PM
      Then soon near 50 on black-mage you should start seeing your basic rotation coming through and a pretty good DPS spike; Black mage is great at 60, and has a pretty simple and high DPS rotation. Same goes for Dragoon. I suppose thats one of the benefits of playing an mmo like FFXIV vs WOW where your character can be leveled for any class in the game and not having to remake and redo the entire storyline for another class !
    8. 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM
      Then soon near 50 on black-mage you should start seeing your basic rotation coming through and a pretty good DPS spike; Black mage is great at 60, and has a pretty simple and high DPS rotation. Same goes for Dragoon. I suppose thats one of the benefits of playing an mmo like FFXIV vs WOW where your character can be leveled for any class in the game and not having to remake and redo the entire storyline for another class !