Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality Assurance Team!

United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sparkis View Post
    @Atakapa, @Linessah thanks for your respective responses.

I take it that both of you are on this new QA team? [edit: I just noticed that the team was listed. My bad for not picking it up] If so, I find this somewhat concerning. Nothing against either of you on a personal level. Of course not. However, I hope that both of you will appreciate how your respective responses are problematic for a group that is meant to take on board suggestions and feedback, specifically critical feedback in the nature as I've provided earlier.

There is a common and fundamental problem with your respective responses and it has to do with mindset, your mental disposition to new ideas and criticism.

Just look at the issue from a macro sense.

A new system is being implemented by a new department to "continue building up this great community by having your voice heard" and "work WITH you to make these changes".

Feedback on the system is then presented, a critique highlighting numerous issues of said system with a suggestion as to how to remedy these perceived issues.

Now consider the responses. Not so much the specific details but the broad brushstrokes.

One thing that is clear as day is that they're both defensive responses. They either justifying the nature of the implementation of the feedback form or minimisation of issues to do with it (e.g. "[the] form, while it might seem long, only has 2 required pages"). However, there is neither an acknowledgement that there even is a problem (listening) nor the apparent willingness to consider how to deal with the suggestion problems and implement the suggested solutions (working with).

Look at the issue from the other person's perspective. How confident do you feel that the person that had made the suggestion, or since this is in the open, anyone reading this, that their feedback will be both listened to and taking into consideration? How confident would you feel that people that have presented nothing but a defense of the current system/status quo will work with you to enact change?

Note the distinction, "not taken into action" but "taken into consideration". I don't expect that just because I suggest something that people should see to these changes. What I do expect is that they're given thoughtful and due consideration. Perhaps not implemented as stated, perhaps not considered a high priority, but considered seriously none the less. Would one be confident, given the tone of the responses to my suggestion, that suggestions would be considered and treated seriously or just dismissed out of hand?

I hope that this isn't being taken as being critical of either of you personally. That's certainly not my intent. However, I hope you can appreciate if this is the sort of response is the kind that people can expect from critical feedback, that there may not be a lot of confidence that they will either be listened to or worked with.
    @sparkis, I am sorry you viewed our responses as "defensive". The intent of both of our posts were to educate on the questions you asked in your first post with sincerity.

Now, what you will read in my post is the fact that this is a new system and that we are working out the kinks. This is the first invitation to feedback. At the end of my post was a recognition of your concerns, and a statement that we are going to be working on to improve it.

There was in no way a dismissal of your suggestion, which I do not understand where that came from.

We do view your concern as something to look into and to try to adjust, which is why I put that last statement in my original response.

2. Thanks |Fever| Requ1em thanked for this post
    Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

There's crazed, then there's lunacy, I'm a mix of both laced with lsd and nitroglycerin time a thousand

Clan Member
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant (MSGT)
    Ireland

User Info Menu

R&U

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

R&U

Clan General
    Brigadier General
    Brigadier General (BG)
    United States

User Info Menu

I would like to take the time to thank those of you who have already filled out the form and brought to the table concerns, suggestions, or general ratings to the various facets of the server. I cannot emphasize enough how much this gives us a deeper insight to the community's feelings as a whole.

Thank you!
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
    - Buddha
    "Work smarter, not harder."

Clan General
    Brigadier General
    Brigadier General (BG)
    United States

User Info Menu

We have gotten MORE surveys in. Please keep it up. You guys give us some valuable insights on what we can contribute back to the community. Keep them coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
    - Buddha

8. Likes |Fever| Requ1em liked this post
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer (VO)
    United States

User Info Menu

I would also like to remind everyone that I am available to offer verbal meetings with anyone that is interested in communicating. These discussions can be confidential just like the surveys. Thanks to all who have taken the time to contribute to the process.
    Last edited by Requ1em; 05-12-2017 at 02:36 PM.

"I See A Red Door & I Want It Painted Black." - The Rolling Stones

10. Thanks |Fever| Linessah, |Fever| Demonya thanked for this post
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer (VO)
    France

User Info Menu

Hi there!

It's been a while since I answered this survey and liked to know if you guys have any data/feedbacks you could already share with us or like to wait to gather more, I'm really curious about all this and the outcome!

Clan General
    Brigadier General
    Brigadier General (BG)
    United States

User Info Menu

I believe we are looking to put out a monthly newslettwr to feature some/all the feedback we have gotten. I am not sure if this will be tied with the fever weekly or not.

Something @Atakapa and I have yet to reach a concrete decision on.
    - Buddha

13. Thanks |Fever| Demonya thanked for this post
    Likes |Fever| Demonya liked this post
    Clan Member
    Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    United States

User Info Menu

ok

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast