Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Discord

Clan Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant (2LT)
    Canada

User Info Menu

I used to run Vent & TS servers for years. Discord will dominate for many reasons. User-friendly, chat/channel capabilities, picture/video messaging, oh, and all free. That is just to name a few.

Clan Member
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
    United States

User Info Menu

Thanks Bogo

United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post
    While searching for updated news on Discord I came across that 6 days prior to this post you were in another thread saying you really hope we don't switch over to discord and reinforced that sentiment a couple more posts in.

I can't help but be puzzled by your criticism of my feedback when you yourself didn't want the switch to happen.
    If you searched deeper, or maybe spoke to me about it in person, any Leader, General, or anyone in the Graphics Dept. would vouch that I did my research and ended up standing by it for the sake of Fever. Yes, at first I didn't want the switch BUT after doing my long and hard research, the switch was worth it.

Clan Officer
    Colonel
    Colonel (COL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Discord has many advantages over TS:

You don't lose your PMs when it closes. DMs stay with you until you delete them.
    It's free.
    Permission groups are easy to maintain.
    Chat channels and voice channels make communication easy.
    ... it's free.

Our TS also had a propensity to crashing and DDOSing. Not really so much of an issue with Discord.

Prior posts need to calm their proverbial shit. Resurrecting a thread to squabble - I mean... c'mon, take it to PMs, please.
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
    - Buddha
    "Work smarter, not harder."

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Norway

User Info Menu

Hi
    I have been using Discord for a long time (along side with Teamspeak)
    Discord is finally getting close to compete with TS.
    They still have a bit work to do on noice cancellation, but atm that is not a problem for me, since I use PTT.

The thing I like with Disc is the availability it provides, you can still chat with your friends, until you are ready to get on your gaming rig and actually game

I know there are people out there who are stubborn and don't want to switch away from TS (me included) but it is easier to maintain and formed to suit your needs.

As all new applications, it has some minor issues, but nothing major that breaks the service.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567