Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  19
    Likes Likes:  56

Discord

We have started the move to Discord. We haven't made a final decision about the teamspeak. The Fever Leadership has determined this will be the best in

Go First 456

Rate This Thread: Discord

Rated out of 5: 4.80 | Total: 5 ratings given and has been viewed 2052 times.

1. Sergeant Major of the Army
      Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA)
      Canada

Main Game
      Dota 2
      Nickname
      Daddy's Boy
      Fever Coins
      14,120 Discord

04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
      I like having the chat channels being independent of voice channels. Having less makes you more likely to chat with another member who you normally don't interact with. I know I've done a few and I'm more likely to say something through text chat as opposed to voice if they are a stranger.
    2. 04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
      I like having the chat channels being independent of voice channels. Having less makes you more likely to chat with another member who you normally don't interact with. I know I've done a few and I'm more likely to say something through text chat as opposed to voice if they are a stranger.
    3. Sergeant
      Sergeant (SGT)
      Canada

Main Game
      Heroes Of The Storm
      Fever Coins
      1,080 Discord

04-22-2017, 01:31 PM
      Yikes.... Discord.... I don't need any more discord in my life lol

I guess if there isn't much choice I can make the switch. I can understand that it's cheaper as a solution and in theory better in some ways. Still not sure I like the Uncle Discord knows and controls everything aspect.

Leaving Fever over the change won't happen for me, but ppl are going to have to drag me by the ponytail over to discord....

So I guess my questions would be these:

1. Trolls.... will we have more, less, or the same problems with Trolls on Discord?
      2. Guests... will it be easier or more difficult to have guests?
      3. You do realize it's a fact of life that old dogs fight new tricks if for no other reason than it just works that way?
    4. 04-22-2017, 01:31 PM
      Yikes.... Discord.... I don't need any more discord in my life lol

I guess if there isn't much choice I can make the switch. I can understand that it's cheaper as a solution and in theory better in some ways. Still not sure I like the Uncle Discord knows and controls everything aspect.

Leaving Fever over the change won't happen for me, but ppl are going to have to drag me by the ponytail over to discord....

So I guess my questions would be these:

1. Trolls.... will we have more, less, or the same problems with Trolls on Discord?
      2. Guests... will it be easier or more difficult to have guests?
      3. You do realize it's a fact of life that old dogs fight new tricks if for no other reason than it just works that way?
    5. Sergeant Major
      Sergeant Major (MSG)
      United States

Main Game
      World of Warcraft
      Fever Coins
      5,910 Discord

04-24-2017, 10:00 PM
      I personally I have ventured from several different chat programs over the years. From Ventrilo, to TeamSpeak, to Skype, to Curse, and now to Discord. I personally like the way Discord is laid out. Been using it for a while with some buddies of mine. Basically plain and simple, since I've used the chatting programs I have, I can say that I will support any move to any chat program that we go to. So if this is what works best overall for the majority of folks, then I say go for it.

My only gripe I have with any chatting programs is I would prefer to be in one that doesn't use a lot of resources. Not sure which is the best out of all the options we have available to us, but I really haven't had any personal issues with Discord as of yet.
    6. 04-24-2017, 10:00 PM
      I personally I have ventured from several different chat programs over the years. From Ventrilo, to TeamSpeak, to Skype, to Curse, and now to Discord. I personally like the way Discord is laid out. Been using it for a while with some buddies of mine. Basically plain and simple, since I've used the chatting programs I have, I can say that I will support any move to any chat program that we go to. So if this is what works best overall for the majority of folks, then I say go for it.

My only gripe I have with any chatting programs is I would prefer to be in one that doesn't use a lot of resources. Not sure which is the best out of all the options we have available to us, but I really haven't had any personal issues with Discord as of yet.

Go First 456