Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
    Likes Likes:  8

Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough

Hey, I will be hosting a run through of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen campaign for version 5 of D&D. Our group is looking for more players. We're l

Go First 91011

Rate This Thread: Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 2409 times.

1. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins
      2,880 Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough

02-26-2017, 09:55 PM
      Originally Posted by Litle
      Laucian is a product of his environment, though his half-elf blood makes him naturally charismatic, and good at diplomacy, as well as nimble. He has made a name for himself as a document forger, which has been lucrative. He also takes delight at fooling the rich out of their money, a talented grifter, but he tries to help the poor from his old neighborhood. He has a fully developed second identity established in the city, as a business man (mostly dealing in real estate). Again, there are more Details on the character sheet.
      So in regards to tonight's session, Laucian is like Robbin hood in fact (as the Harper's have been described), but he's more realistic and more selfish. He doesn't wear tights and he's going to make himself comfortable in the process of conning rich people. His neutrality in regards to good and evil means he does some good and some bad; it balances out and always serves his own purposes. Me (and consequently he) were led to believe the Harpers Faction were Neutral as he is, maintaining balance, so he was comfortable and confident with joining them.

This page about the Harpers describes them as simply good, but not necessarily lawful. I'll concede he's not the best match for them. He sees his cons as a redistribution of wealth from those who can afford to lose it. He's not trying to harm anyone he cons (not truly) and he does want to help some people, as long as he maintains a comfortable lifestyle that suits his goals.

Laucian is an egalitarian (relating to or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities); I've probably stated it a dozen times over the past couple months. Egalitarianism is definitely a Harper value.

Also, let's not forget Laucian has gained some renown as a hero in this land. So-what that this gnome has some suspicions that he tried to con a rich guy. I'm not convinced the Harpers would see this as a big deal, given the context and their available knowledge.

I'll go with the flow no matter what happens. I just thought I'd explain more about who he is, and why I was caught off guard, in case there were misconceptions. @AdmiralMurphy
    2. 02-26-2017, 09:55 PM
      Laucian is a product of his environment, though his half-elf blood makes him naturally charismatic, and good at diplomacy, as well as nimble. He has made a name for himself as a document forger, which has been lucrative. He also takes delight at fooling the rich out of their money, a talented grifter, but he tries to help the poor from his old neighborhood. He has a fully developed second identity established in the city, as a business man (mostly dealing in real estate). Again, there are more Details on the character sheet.
      So in regards to tonight's session, Laucian is like Robbin hood in fact (as the Harper's have been described), but he's more realistic and more selfish. He doesn't wear tights and he's going to make himself comfortable in the process of conning rich people. His neutrality in regards to good and evil means he does some good and some bad; it balances out and always serves his own purposes. Me (and consequently he) were led to believe the Harpers Faction were Neutral as he is, maintaining balance, so he was comfortable and confident with joining them.

This page about the Harpers describes them as simply good, but not necessarily lawful. I'll concede he's not the best match for them. He sees his cons as a redistribution of wealth from those who can afford to lose it. He's not trying to harm anyone he cons (not truly) and he does want to help some people, as long as he maintains a comfortable lifestyle that suits his goals.

Laucian is an egalitarian (relating to or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities); I've probably stated it a dozen times over the past couple months. Egalitarianism is definitely a Harper value.

Also, let's not forget Laucian has gained some renown as a hero in this land. So-what that this gnome has some suspicions that he tried to con a rich guy. I'm not convinced the Harpers would see this as a big deal, given the context and their available knowledge.

I'll go with the flow no matter what happens. I just thought I'd explain more about who he is, and why I was caught off guard, in case there were misconceptions. @AdmiralMurphy
    3. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins

02-26-2017, 09:55 PM
      Dual Post
      Last edited by Litle; 02-26-2017 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Dual Post
    4. Captain
      Captain (CPT)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Nickname
      Lusty
      Fever Coins
      17,560 Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough
      Clan Jobs
      1: Facebook Coordinator
      2: D&D XO
      3: Content Creator: Dungeons & Dragons

02-26-2017, 11:34 PM

That all makes a lot of sense. The conflict from tonight was not about if you are playing Laucian wrong or even if you the character is in the wrong.

I think this comes from two characters looking at the Harper's differently. Zinnove has a very idealistic view of what the Harpers do and so it is hard for her character to agree with Laucians action.

I think this should be some fun roleplay in the future because you guys are looking at a common goal but have different means of achieving it.

It is really cool when two players of similar ideologies end up finding their ideas of a means to an end are different. I like that you have solidly set up Laucian's motivations and morals and like I said this should be interesting! @Litle
      Arimil Self Esteem Project
      ​
    5. 02-26-2017, 11:34 PM

That all makes a lot of sense. The conflict from tonight was not about if you are playing Laucian wrong or even if you the character is in the wrong.

I think this comes from two characters looking at the Harper's differently. Zinnove has a very idealistic view of what the Harpers do and so it is hard for her character to agree with Laucians action.

I think this should be some fun roleplay in the future because you guys are looking at a common goal but have different means of achieving it.

It is really cool when two players of similar ideologies end up finding their ideas of a means to an end are different. I like that you have solidly set up Laucian's motivations and morals and like I said this should be interesting! @Litle
    6. Likes |Fever| Litle liked this post
    7. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins

03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
      There are 5 or 6 posts missing from this thread now. WTF! That's strange that they could disappear. @AdmiralMurphy

Edit: I'm guessing this is because of the website server having crashed. I know some data was lost.
      Last edited by Litle; 03-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    8. 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
      There are 5 or 6 posts missing from this thread now. WTF! That's strange that they could disappear. @AdmiralMurphy

Edit: I'm guessing this is because of the website server having crashed. I know some data was lost.
    9. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins

03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
      Dual Post
      Last edited by Litle; 03-07-2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Dual Post
    10. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      3,010 Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough

03-08-2017, 02:31 PM
      Yeah, it doesn't seem like we lost the council image and I think that's all that matters to keep around right now
    11. 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM
      Yeah, it doesn't seem like we lost the council image and I think that's all that matters to keep around right now
    12. Colonel
      Colonel (COL)
      United States

Hiding from the Arimil Self Esteem Project
      Main Game
      Starcraft 2
      Nickname
      Sir Air Mail
      Fever Coins
      30,870 Hoard of the Dragon Queen Campaign Runthrough
      Clan Jobs
      1: Starcraft 2 Deputy Company Commander
      2: StarCraft 2 Academy Manager
      3: RTS Recruitment Coordinator
      4: HOTS Deputy Company Commander
      5: Application Team Member

03-08-2017, 02:40 PM

When the site went down we lost 2 or 3 days worth of posts across the forums.
      And the spirits fly away, yet we wanted them to stay...
      Tell us why we seek outside, when it's all inside our minds...
      Carry us to cradled coves...
      Bury us beneath the hands of a monster who can dance...
      To a faithful kind romance...
    13. 03-08-2017, 02:40 PM

When the site went down we lost 2 or 3 days worth of posts across the forums.
    14. Master Sergeant
      Master Sergeant (MSGT)
      United States

Fever Coins

03-25-2017, 10:56 AM
      I just checked my character sheet and wow!, a chainsaw. I don't know how it got there but I'll take it.
    15. 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM
      I just checked my character sheet and wow!, a chainsaw. I don't know how it got there but I'll take it.

Go First 91011

Visitors found this page by searching for:

No taggable source landed on this page from a search engine, yet! - FeverClan
    SEO Blog