Thread: Blizzards changes in coming months to ranked and toxic players

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Blizzards changes in coming months to ranked and toxic players

Heroes of the Storm Development Updates – April 12, 2018

Take a look and they are looking for our feedback. Lets help them out so we can weed out the shitbirds that ruin our games.

2. Likes |Fever| ev0l liked this post
    Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

I am not an expert Grand Master player or anything but even a Plat player all the way to bronze can see this game needed some changes to it's MMR and matchmaking system. Looks like our voices have been heard and the changes are coming. They are actually going to move away from short que times and unbalanced team into a more balanced team and longer que times. Which I think is the right call. I have que'ed up before as a gold player at the time in team league and we match up as a 5 stack against a 5 stack of grandmasters. Real challenge for them, I am sure. So while my view may be biased, it is the right call.

Also of note, a new ban phase is coming which is also needed considering how many OP heros there are right now and also opens up some more strats for drafting. Definitely was a must have and the community as a whole has been screaming for this change for a LONGGGGG time. Overall, these changes are good and great for the game but none of them make the difference if you get a real toxic person on your team. It becomes a miserable experience and ruins the game for ALL 9 other people.

This leads me into the other new changes. They are going to be more transparent to the community with punishments towards players you have reported allowing us to know exactly what kind of action has been taken. I can tell you how many games I have played where 1 person has literally quit at level 3 because we lost a fight at level 1. They would call us names that were racially charged or homophobic in nature and sit in core and force the team to play down a man for the duration of the game. The penalty's are also becoming more harsh which I cant say enough is needed more than anything else. I have considered quitting several times due to people just being hard to get along with and playing the game the way it was intended. They didnt say exactly how they were going to be more punishing but anything is better than nothing at this point which is where I feel we are at sometimes.

As a community, I feel like I speak for everyone when I say "Thank you Blizzard" for the changes we have been asking for. I dont know what the timeline is but the sooner the better and maybe JUST maybe the population of this game will grow. Who knows? Maybe even us veterans will enjoy the game even more.

Clan Member
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant (1SGT)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

For them to have any impact and spice up the meta like you want, the extra bans need to be at the start of the draft. They wont do anything at all in the middle.
    Also, the lack of hero balance talk is worrysome. I wont praise them until i see all of this released

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

At least they are making an attempt at making the game better. They are giving a nod to the community against toxic players, extra ban (no matter where it falls), along with other movements. It's nice to see that a company of their size taking notice to the player base. They could have just thrown their hands up in the air and deal with it, it is what it is. I have played many games over my years where this is the case. I give them props for at least making the attempt in fixing some really important issues to what seems like a majority of the player base.

Clan Member
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant (1SGT)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

They've been saying they will fix those same issues for a couple years now, they're still broken. Likewise, most other stuff that also needs/has needed fixing for years gets met with the excuse "we'd like to do this but that means we cant fix matchmaking or ranked".

Clan Member
    Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    United States

User Info Menu

The ideas in the post are good but they do need to actually act on them as best they can (some of the algorithms probably take time to perfect but would be good to see soon). Hope they work out well!

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

The most we can do is hope. I am just happy they see the problem and willing to address them in some fashion. Honestly, as long as I have been playing this game, these problems have been around and never seen a word spoken by the devs. So this is a step in the right direction.

Clan Member
    Corporal
    Corporal (CPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

sounds like Blizzard is making some good changes going forward. but what is hero swapping?

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

In draft its the ability to move spots in the draft. Like if I were last pick and wanted to move up in the draft and the 1st pick wanted to move to last we could swap. If I recall right anyway.

Clan Member
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant (1SGT)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stagray View Post
    In draft its the ability to move spots in the draft. Like if I were last pick and wanted to move up in the draft and the 1st pick wanted to move to last we could swap. If I recall right anyway.
    Close. Its actually what the name states: you swap heroes. If im first pick and you're last pick, and you want to play Hanzo, then i first pick Hanzo and you last pick Garrosh and we swap heroes at the end of the draft so you play as Hanzo and i play as Garrosh. Its as basic of a draft feature as bans are