Thread: Next season Meta

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Next season Meta

Hey guys! I know some may have questions on what next season's meta will be, and also what does meta play look like at higher greater rifts. I'm willing to help anyone and their group if they have questions.

Here is a quick video last night of me doing 119 speeds with a meta group.

Clan Member
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
    United States

User Info Menu

Is your necro still running trags? I've seen a lot of posts about inarious with bone ringer taking over.

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

So I know you are pure META player, but in your opinion, how close are the non-meta classes getting in each of the roles, like boss dps, AOE or support.

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

@Ghist The gap in solo play has gotten closer among the classes in terms of build, but more than ever it's pretty clear what is the strongest in terms of 4 man. If you want to push into the 130s there is a strict make up. Not to say it isn't subject to change but it looks pretty finite right now.

Clan Member
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
    Great Britain

User Info Menu

I don't see how that was a speed run. Took far to long

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

@ArchaicLord once you get past 115 you don't expect speeds to be 8 minute runs. Our group constantly were able to do 11-12 minute runs. This is just one run out of the night.

Clan Member
    Gunnery Sergeant
    Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
    United States

User Info Menu

The problem with the "meta" is that it is constantly changing. I wish there was more information on group play since a lot of the builds revolve around solo play, except for the typical group builds like zDPS monk and barb. I think it would be interesting to change out a zDPS monk for a modified Inna generator, since it will have a good amount of single target damage and the skills can be interchanged to allow for a support role. The major drawback would be that you would need a Band of the Rue Chamber for spirit generation since spirit would be a limiting factor from the Shenlong window and skill usage.

The big meta changes revolve mostly around the RG killer. It went from R6 monk to shadow impale DH to necro in three seasons. With the balance changes recently, it wouldn't be too far off to have Sunwuko WoL be the new primary DPS role since it has good screen clear and decent survivability. This could also change out the zDPS monk, since the primary DPS can survive well enough, to another DPS class. Multishot DH may also be a good option to run ahead and soften up some of the trash so the Sunwuko can burn them down easier. But I have no clue what it may be. The meta can be hard to predict, especially after these balance changes.