Thread: Hearthstone BM

Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer (VO)
    France

User Info Menu

Hearthstone BM

So while the emote system eliminates so much of the possible BM in the game, there are still a few things that annoy me. The 2 biggest ones are when someone has enough damage on board and still goes for the most complicated kill possible. The other one is when I've lost, emote Well Played (GG) and they reply thank you. I am so far on the other side of the spectrum, if they don't concede when it's clear I've won,, I'll aim for 0 health if possible.

I'm pretty sure my perspective is skewed but I am curious what everyone else thinks.

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Canada

User Info Menu

I squelch every opponent I play against. Why can't they just implement a disable emotes feature?

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DurandaL View Post
    So while the emote system eliminates so much of the possible BM in the game, there are still a few things that annoy me. The 2 biggest ones are when someone has enough damage on board and still goes for the most complicated kill possible. The other one is when I've lost, emote Well Played (GG) and they reply thank you. I am so far on the other side of the spectrum, if they don't concede when it's clear I've won,, I'll aim for 0 health if possible.

I'm pretty sure my perspective is skewed but I am curious what everyone else thinks.
    Well I have to add my 2 cents here. While I think most players are BMing Sometimes its nice for someone not to conceed so I can finish my quests, secondly every move is important even the last one. Don't get into poor habits recklessly trying to end the game. Lastly, and this one I love, is when someone is BMing me into oblivion and then MIScaculates and I end up winning, its usually an instant conceed on their behalf.

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Canada

User Info Menu

I only BM to those who BM'ed me or I need to play extra stuff for xp or quest requirements

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

I don't normally BM at all, I just emote well played if I have win condition and go for it.

Clan Member
    Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    United States

User Info Menu

I find it frustrating when the enemy player starts to BM only when their victory is all but 100% assured. They were too scared to just BM from the get-go, which I would have respected more.

Also it's important to remember that people who drag it out might be completing quests.

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

As someone who plays Hearthstone a bit, never really heard the term BM. What's that mean exactly? If it has something to do with the emote stystem, I can honestly understand where you folks are coming from with how opponents act. Can be quite frustrating. I can't stand the guys that keep spamming taunts or well plays... Ugh >.<

Clan Member
    Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post
    As someone who plays Hearthstone a bit, never really heard the term BM. What's that mean exactly? If it has something to do with the emote stystem, I can honestly understand where you folks are coming from with how opponents act. Can be quite frustrating. I can't stand the guys that keep spamming taunts or well plays... Ugh >.<
    BM = Bad Manner, and is basically exactly what you described as it occurs in Hearthstone.