Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hard game to get back into after a break

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Hard game to get back into after a break

So I took a two year break from this game because I was annoyed at how they switched to the standard/wild set up (I understand why they did it but anyway). I figured I'd see how the game was now and its been hard getting back into the flow of things with all the new decks.

The matchmaker keeps putting me up against very up to date decks and I don't have the cards to counter them. It makes it hard to win but all my quests need to me win to get more coins so that I can get more cards from the latest expansion. I'm too cheap to pay money for a bunch of packs of cards.

Bottom line and end of rant: It seems like blizzard makes it a lot harder to take a break and come back into this game than it needs to be.

Clan Officer
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Australia

User Info Menu

Of course you're right it's harder to get back into but it's been 2 years. A lot has changed in those 2 years. However, the issue isn't insurmountable. I was out for all of the last expansion and while it's still not super easy, it's not something you can't overcome.

However, since you've been out for so long, it's going to take time. There are some videos on here, particularly the trump teachings that could help. If you're not up to speed i.e. reading up on the Vicious Syndicate reports (you may not even know what they are given how long you've been out for) and you want help with deck building or laddering in the current meta, I'm sure any one of us can help you with that. Let us know, join the Discord if you haven't already (particularly #rts_strategy) and we can help you get up to speed

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Canada

User Info Menu

There is no shame in playing wild if you cannot get up to date in standard :P

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sparkis View Post
    Of course you're right it's harder to get back into but it's been 2 years. A lot has changed in those 2 years. However, the issue isn't insurmountable. I was out for all of the last expansion and while it's still not super easy, it's not something you can't overcome.

However, since you've been out for so long, it's going to take time. There are some videos on here, particularly the trump teachings that could help. If you're not up to speed i.e. reading up on the Vicious Syndicate reports (you may not even know what they are given how long you've been out for) and you want help with deck building or laddering in the current meta, I'm sure any one of us can help you with that. Let us know, join the Discord if you haven't already (particularly #rts_strategy) and we can help you get up to speed
    Thanks for the website. That was very helpful. The good news is I didn't craft much when I was playing before so between that site and some crafting I was able to put together a few usable decks to help me be competitive.

5. Thanks |Fever| sparkis thanked for this post
    Clan Member
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant (MSGT)
    France

User Info Menu

Hey, I completely agree with you! I started a few weeks ago now, and I'm close to unlock the final wing in Karazhan's Lair, but man, considering the hours I'm puting into this game, compared to other games, the rewards are really not there. I know this could change when I'll have more cards to build decks and have fun with them, but until then, I'm mainly enjoying myself with brawls (and, when I won't have any more adventures to buy with gold, arena)!

7. Thanks |Fever| sparkis thanked for this post
    Likes |Fever| sparkis liked this post
    Clan Officer
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Australia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaynark View Post
    Thanks for the website. That was very helpful. The good news is I didn't craft much when I was playing before so between that site and some crafting I was able to put together a few usable decks to help me be competitive.
    Glad to hear it buddy. Good luck on the ladder

Clan Officer
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Australia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Svarogia View Post
    Hey, I completely agree with you! I started a few weeks ago now, and I'm close to unlock the final wing in Karazhan's Lair, but man, considering the hours I'm puting into this game, compared to other games, the rewards are really not there. I know this could change when I'll have more cards to build decks and have fun with them, but until then, I'm mainly enjoying myself with brawls (and, when I won't have any more adventures to buy with gold, arena)!
    Yeah, sadly for us f2p players, it can be like that for a while unless you cannibalise your collection. The slow path to building your collection is well worth it though. Even sitting out the whole last expansion, I'm still in an ok place to ladder.

Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer (VO)
    Canada

User Info Menu

I played Arena to build up familiarity with the new cards and to make gold. If you're any good, it's not hard to go inifinite by playing arena and just doing the daily quests.