Thread: Looking into getting this game. Have some questions

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

Looking into getting this game. Have some questions

Hey! So i got hooked on playing Skyrim on my Switch and im curious how this game compares to it. Would appreciate input here.
    Also, is it like guild wars 2 where you buy expansions for access without needing a monthly sub or is it like WoW and it has both? Thanks!

Ps: @Linessah is mean

Vice Commander
    Vice Commander
    Vice Commander (VC)
    United States

User Info Menu

Subscription is optional but it offers a lot of perks, including access to all dlc.

Or you can piecemeal the dlc if you like.

They should still be doing the thing where if you preorder summerset, you get morrowind and the base game free.

I mean it is an Elder Scrolls game, and it is an MMO, but it is not a multiplayer Skyrim. It will keep you busy for EVER.
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
    - Buddha
    "Work smarter, not harder."

3. Thanks |Fever| Shiny thanked for this post
    Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linessah View Post

They should still be doing the thing where if you preorder summerset, you get morrowind and the base game free.
    Is that a thing on steam now? I was looking through the purchase options and at least i didnt notice a bundle that wasnt pretty much the added value of the 3 individual items

Vice Commander
    Vice Commander
    Vice Commander (VC)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Is that a thing on steam now? I was looking through the purchase options and at least i didnt notice a bundle that wasnt pretty much the added value of the 3 individual items
    I just looked. Both steam and the eso website still have the option. When you pre-purchase you automatically get them.

Its roughly $40 US.
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
    - Buddha
    "Work smarter, not harder."

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    Argentina

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linessah View Post
    I just looked. Both steam and the eso website still have the option. When you pre-purchase you automatically get them.

Its roughly $40 US.
    Which option is it on steam? Just buying summerset alone? Or the one thats base game gold edition + summerset. Gimme a pic with a big, flashy red circle

United States

User Info Menu

It's a good game, but like any MMO, you really have to put time into it. I didn't want to do that personally, so I just bought the game and explored the map a good bit. Just got a horse, and randomly rode places, tried piecing some lore together for fun, did random quests for NPC's I met along the way. It was a really enjoyable time, but I was super casual about it.