Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?

Hello, I played League of Legends for 4 years so i know the MOBA genre quite well. I do have some questions about smite: 1. Which game mode should I pl

Go 12 Last

Rate This Thread: Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 475 times.

1. Join Date
      May 2016
      Main Game
      League Of Legends

12-30-2016, 01:02 PM

Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?

Hello, I played League of Legends for 4 years so i know the MOBA genre quite well. I do have some questions about smite:
      1. Which game mode should I play to learn as much about the game, the meta and which mode is the most simmilar to ranked when I hit the level (I want to get into ranked as soon as possible)
      2. Are minions any different than in League of Legends? Do I have to last hit them?
      3. What is the best way to learn all the gods and their abilities?
      4. Where can I look up item builds for certaing gods?
      5. What are some good streamers/youtubers for begginers
      6. What are some entertaining youtubers/streamers who make fun videos about the game?
      7. Does smite have any runes/masteries?
      Last edited by ChainedDeath; 12-30-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    2. 12-30-2016, 01:02 PM
      Hello, I played League of Legends for 4 years so i know the MOBA genre quite well. I do have some questions about smite:
      1. Which game mode should I play to learn as much about the game, the meta and which mode is the most simmilar to ranked when I hit the level (I want to get into ranked as soon as possible)
      2. Are minions any different than in League of Legends? Do I have to last hit them?
      3. What is the best way to learn all the gods and their abilities?
      4. Where can I look up item builds for certaing gods?
      5. What are some good streamers/youtubers for begginers
      6. What are some entertaining youtubers/streamers who make fun videos about the game?
      7. Does smite have any runes/masteries?
      Twitter Facebook Google+
    3. Join Date
      May 2016
      Nickname
      Squish Squish, Renvenar's Pudding Cup

12-30-2016, 02:28 PM
      For number 1 You would def wanna start with Conquest

As for minions They hit A LOT harder than the creeps in LoL so watch out, they are the biggest threat to you early in the game.
      You will always get EXP and GOLD from minions when you're close if they die
      MELEE minions give 65 EXP and 17 GOLD BUT if you last hit them they give 25 GOLD
      RANGER minions give 45 EXP and 12 GOLD and 18 GOLD on a last hit
      BRUTE minions give the same GOLD and EXP as the MELEE minions but have almost double the amount of HP and deal A LOT more DMG

Also if a Phoenix is down you'll get Fire minions which have double HP and deal double DMG.

As for number 3 you could try the gods out in Jungle Practice, where you have access to all gods.
      Be sure to read up on the abilities look up guides on the gods and you'll get the hang of em soon enough.

As for builds I usually look at Smitejunkies, but I usually build my own builds to tackle the situation i'm in.
      So be sure to learn what every item does as soon as you can and which item counters which god.

Dukesloth is a good youtuber/streamer to learn from as he does a lot of item and build analysis outside of that you can maybe watch some of the Pro players like Adapting for example. Oh Shale also has a small amount of really good god guide vids.

As for the entertaining youtubers/streamers we have A LOT of people. First off one of the inbetweens, he is entertaining but also an amazing player Sexsi Rexsi He is grandmaster in Duels and prolly one of the best Ullr's i've ever seen (Ullr being the hardest god in the game to play at a high lvl) and he's also very entertaining to watch.
      Other than him you have: Incon, MaxTooTheLimit, InnocentRabbit, Kevox, MythyMoo and Punk Duck and a lot of others but I can't name them all.

And the last thing, no Smite has no Runes or Masteries.
      It has no summoner spells either instead we have relics which are kinda like summoner spells, but you choose 1 at LVL 1 and you get the second one at lvl 12
    4. 12-30-2016, 02:28 PM

As for minions They hit A LOT harder than the creeps in LoL so watch out, they are the biggest threat to you early in the game.
      MELEE minions give 65 EXP and 17 GOLD BUT if you last hit them they give 25 GOLD
      BRUTE minions give the same GOLD and EXP as the MELEE minions but have almost double the amount of HP and deal A LOT more DMG

Also if a Phoenix is down you'll get Fire minions which have double HP and deal double DMG.

As for number 3 you could try the gods out in Jungle Practice, where you have access to all gods.
      Be sure to read up on the abilities look up guides on the gods and you'll get the hang of em soon enough.

As for builds I usually look at Smitejunkies, but I usually build my own builds to tackle the situation i'm in.
      So be sure to learn what every item does as soon as you can and which item counters which god.

Dukesloth is a good youtuber/streamer to learn from as he does a lot of item and build analysis outside of that you can maybe watch some of the Pro players like Adapting for example. Oh Shale also has a small amount of really good god guide vids.

As for the entertaining youtubers/streamers we have A LOT of people. First off one of the inbetweens, he is entertaining but also an amazing player Sexsi Rexsi He is grandmaster in Duels and prolly one of the best Ullr's i've ever seen (Ullr being the hardest god in the game to play at a high lvl) and he's also very entertaining to watch.
      Other than him you have: Incon, MaxTooTheLimit, InnocentRabbit, Kevox, MythyMoo and Punk Duck and a lot of others but I can't name them all.

It has no summoner spells either instead we have relics which are kinda like summoner spells, but you choose 1 at LVL 1 and you get the second one at lvl 12
    5. Sergeant Major of the Army
      Sergeant Major of the Army (SMA)
      United States

Main Game
      Smite, BlOps3, SWBF3, Rocket League, Hearthstone
      Fever Coins
      12,410 Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?
      Clan Jobs
      1: Greeting Team Member

12-30-2016, 03:21 PM
      Something that will help out a bunch is to never fetter yourself by playing only 1 type of character. Watch Smite pro streams and competitions for gear and god picks... and always play the OP characters for all roles.
    6. 12-30-2016, 03:21 PM
      Something that will help out a bunch is to never fetter yourself by playing only 1 type of character. Watch Smite pro streams and competitions for gear and god picks... and always play the OP characters for all roles.
    7. 1st Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant (1LT)
      Netherlands

Main Game
      SMITE and Uncharted 4
      Nickname
      SunKenRocks & Hemera's Son
      Fever Coins
      7,460 Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?
      Clan Jobs
      1: Content Creator: Smite
      2: Application Team Member

12-31-2016, 02:33 PM
      Hey, welcome to SMITE!

First off what i want to say is that Neondevils post is perfect. But a few he named, MaxTooTheLimit, MyhtyMoo, PunkDuck and Kevox for example make funny moments, it gives u a good feel off the game, but if you really want to learn more about SMITE and competetive, here are some streamers who helped me along the way.

Twitch
      So Incon is kindoff the Jack of All Trades. He mains Support and Mid but is fairly decent at every role. Probably the biggest SMITE streamer out there and really talented and a good teacher.
      http://twitch.tv/BaRRaCCuDDa
      BaRRaCCuDDa plays for LuminosityGG and is probably the best ADC in the world. He was the S1 world Champion and his streams are a good place to hang, chill and become better at ADC. Here is where you will see me often, so go here for you're ADC related stuff.
      http://twitch.tv/XenoTronics
      XenoTronics is one of the newer pro players and mains midlane. As a teammate of BaRRaCCuDDa this guy is also chill and laid back, and still responds to chat very often since he hasnt got 1000 vieuwers a day, and BaRRaCCuDDa and Incon do.
      http://twitch.tv/Weak3n
      Weak3n is a talented Jungler and a pro player for ALG. There's alot of hush around him for being a turd, but if he was he wouldnt have over 1000 vieuwers. He's overall a good Pro Player, he teaches Jungling like a pro.
      http://twitch.tv/iRaffer
      All other players are North American, and Raffer is European. He is the S2 world champion and plays for NRG. He is a very talented support player.

As for Solo i'd recommend Incon or http://twitch.tv/mattypocket since they are both good at it, but im not sure if they main it.

Also for ADC/Midlane questions feel free to hit me up, or play a few games together! I'd love that!
    8. 12-31-2016, 02:33 PM
      Hey, welcome to SMITE!

First off what i want to say is that Neondevils post is perfect. But a few he named, MaxTooTheLimit, MyhtyMoo, PunkDuck and Kevox for example make funny moments, it gives u a good feel off the game, but if you really want to learn more about SMITE and competetive, here are some streamers who helped me along the way.

Twitch
      So Incon is kindoff the Jack of All Trades. He mains Support and Mid but is fairly decent at every role. Probably the biggest SMITE streamer out there and really talented and a good teacher.
      http://twitch.tv/BaRRaCCuDDa
      BaRRaCCuDDa plays for LuminosityGG and is probably the best ADC in the world. He was the S1 world Champion and his streams are a good place to hang, chill and become better at ADC. Here is where you will see me often, so go here for you're ADC related stuff.
      http://twitch.tv/XenoTronics
      XenoTronics is one of the newer pro players and mains midlane. As a teammate of BaRRaCCuDDa this guy is also chill and laid back, and still responds to chat very often since he hasnt got 1000 vieuwers a day, and BaRRaCCuDDa and Incon do.
      http://twitch.tv/Weak3n
      Weak3n is a talented Jungler and a pro player for ALG. There's alot of hush around him for being a turd, but if he was he wouldnt have over 1000 vieuwers. He's overall a good Pro Player, he teaches Jungling like a pro.
      http://twitch.tv/iRaffer
      All other players are North American, and Raffer is European. He is the S2 world champion and plays for NRG. He is a very talented support player.

As for Solo i'd recommend Incon or http://twitch.tv/mattypocket since they are both good at it, but im not sure if they main it.

Also for ADC/Midlane questions feel free to hit me up, or play a few games together! I'd love that!
    9. 1st Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant (1LT)
      Netherlands

Main Game
      SMITE and Uncharted 4
      Nickname
      Fever Coins
      Clan Jobs

12-31-2016, 02:35 PM
      Originally Posted by neondevil

I have to disaggree on point one man. Conquest at level 5? Nah. People just instalock and do something. To get a feel for the meta i'd play Clash, and go to conquest around level 20/25.
    10. 12-31-2016, 02:35 PM

I have to disaggree on point one man. Conquest at level 5? Nah. People just instalock and do something. To get a feel for the meta i'd play Clash, and go to conquest around level 20/25.
    11. Join Date
      May 2016
      Nickname

12-31-2016, 02:38 PM
      Originally Posted by Grant
      And then because people that did this you'll get the exact same thing at those levels.
      And if you wanna use that argument i'd say starting conquest at level 15 would be the best as you cannot be grouped with people lower than level 15 if they're solo queuing
    12. 12-31-2016, 02:38 PM
      Originally Posted by Grant
      And then because people that did this you'll get the exact same thing at those levels.
      And if you wanna use that argument i'd say starting conquest at level 15 would be the best as you cannot be grouped with people lower than level 15 if they're solo queuing
    13. 1st Lieutenant
      First Lieutenant (1LT)
      Netherlands

Main Game
      SMITE and Uncharted 4
      Nickname
      Fever Coins
      Clan Jobs

12-31-2016, 05:02 PM
      Yeah 15 would work. And IF you're trying out conquest i recommend using friends of the same level to kinda, learn to play as a SMITE team, which greatly improves the fun. Ask Neon. Smite wouldn't be anything without me. Kappa
    14. 12-31-2016, 05:02 PM
      Yeah 15 would work. And IF you're trying out conquest i recommend using friends of the same level to kinda, learn to play as a SMITE team, which greatly improves the fun. Ask Neon. Smite wouldn't be anything without me. Kappa
    15. Sergeant Major
      Sergeant Major (MSG)
      United States

Main Game
      Smite, WOW, Etc
      Fever Coins
      8,800 Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?
      Clan Jobs
      1: XO: SMITE

12-31-2016, 11:42 PM
      It would take too long to type lol
    16. Gunnery Sergeant
      Gunnery Sergeant (GYSGT)
      UK

Main Game
      smite
      Nickname
      MekaQ, the guy with the deadly vagina
      Fever Coins
      11,300 Any tips for a new smite player coming from League of Legends?

01-01-2017, 12:06 AM
      git gud duck me in drun haappi7y
      nw yeeeeares
    17. 01-01-2017, 12:06 AM
      git gud duck me in drun haappi7y
      nw yeeeeares
    18. Join Date
      May 2016
      Nickname

01-01-2017, 03:19 AM
      Originally Posted by MekaQ