Thread: New to WoW!

Clan Officer
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Netherlands

User Info Menu

New to WoW!

Hey all!

So i downloaded WoW yesterday to give my free trial month a shot and boy. Is it fun!
    I never thought i could enjoy a grinding game like this so much but its really fun!
    So i picked being a Werewolf thing. Why not am i right?

Question is: Should i buy Legion or the normal WoW subscription? And what does Legion do for me?

Also, what are must do's in WoW? Let me know!

Kind regards,

Grant

Clan Officer
    Colonel
    Colonel (COL)
    Europe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hey all!

So i downloaded WoW yesterday to give my free trial month a shot and boy. Is it fun!
    I never thought i could enjoy a grinding game like this so much but its really fun!
    So i picked being a Werewolf thing. Why not am i right?

Question is: Should i buy Legion or the normal WoW subscription? And what does Legion do for me?

Also, what are must do's in WoW? Let me know!

Kind regards,

Grant
    Hey, you alwys need a subscription active to play, so if you wantto play legion you need a subscription. It's up to you really, legion is on sale right now so if you wanna grab it go for it.

must do? Dungeons and raids! PvP is alright, i enjoyed Dungeons alot when i used to play

RIP Infinite Crisis: 26/05/15 - 14/08/15

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    UK

User Info Menu

I played this for about a week on the free trial was decent I would suggest getting Legion as all the players I met in Fever said it was worth it as it gets you to like lvl 110 or something around that straight away mate.

Clan Officer
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Netherlands

User Info Menu

@Rain Days @BruC0Ndr Thanks for the headsups pals! Appreciate the feedback! <3

Clan Member
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal (LCPL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Legion is required for any end game content. And someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe buying Legions puts 30 days on your account. Oh yeah and you will get a free level 100 boost to put you right into the new content.

United States

User Info Menu

Get the base game for now if thats what you mean by normal wow sub because a subscription is always required to play regardless of expansion. Legion is on sale though so you aren't wasting too much if you buy it now. You will receive a 100 character boost but I suggest that after experiencing the leveling yourself and getting the hang of the game before using it on a class you may regret later down the line. I recommend just leveling and learning the world! It is an mmo that is always growing and adding more content so you have plenty to keep you busy.

If you want to join the guild, you will need to roll Horde. That will also mean dropping the wolf since that is alliance lol but like I said since it's your first time playing i say do what you want until your comfortable enough. Don't think about end game until you get there and just know thats a whole new world in itself. Good luck with the leveling!

Non-Member
    Scotland

User Info Menu

Hey, I'm new to Fever, but have also played WoW since 2008. I would get Legion, although I got fed up (or didn't have the time) to endlessly grind artifact power or try and get decent RNG lengendaries for my rogue, the game still had its charm. I recently logged back on since February and even after 10 months if still feels new as there have been quite a few changes still since I stopped.

1. The questing is decent in Legion (well to me at least)
    2. The dungeons are great and will give you a good challenge, then you have mythic dungeons and Mythic +, mythic + is timed - this part is like rifts in Diablo 3.
    3. The raids are great, I can't speak for anything past Nighthold though, but I have heard they are gud.
    4. PvP is different from what I used to be, you now have pvp talents that you progressively unlock as you level your honor level.
    5. If you get an artifact weapon when you hit 100, you have to start your class storyline. If you like grind then you'll love levelling this.

There is more, but these are a good start, hope it helps!

/Desther

Clan Member
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major (MSG)
    United States

User Info Menu

As someone who's played Wow since vanilla, I will just say personally that it is hella fun. There can be times where you can get burned out because you can play it too much, and that has happened over the years, but I'm never gone for long. You'll like it, and of course if you guys have any questions, don't ever hesitate to ask.

United States

User Info Menu

Marvelous post, carry on boy

Banned
    Canada

User Info Menu

It really depends on your ability to adapt to the game as it seems to be ever changing. You can be an economical force and grind for gold to pay for your subscription if you please but it requires a lot of work and time. If you are looking at it simply from an enjoyment process, then questing is definitely fun with all the different races. If you have time, do a little bit a reading around what interests you and kind of guide your character down that path for the most enjoyment, cuz come hell or high water, Blizz tweaks chars every now and then so you get your flavours of the month.