Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Alert: The forums are currently turned off!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  1

Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.

I saw this on USA today and thought it would be interesting enough to share. Originally Posted by USA Today It’s a sentiment expressed by generations o

Rate This Thread: Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.

Rated out of 5: | Total: 0 ratings given and has been viewed 1702 times.

1. Major
      Major (MJR)
      United States

Main Game
      Heroes of the Storm
      Fever Coins
      18,710 Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.
      Clan Jobs
      1: HOTS Company Administrator
      2: Content Creator Director
      3: HotS Newsletter staff

04-17-2017, 01:15 PM

Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.

I saw this on USA Today and thought it would be interesting enough to share.

Originally Posted by USA Today
      It’s a sentiment expressed by generations of parents since Pong began invading unsuspecting households in 1975. But what if that “stupid game” could help you get a job, and what if that same game could make you a valuable team member once you had the job?

A new study by researchers at Missouri University of Science and Tecnology found that World of Warcraft (WoW) gamers who were successful working as a team in “raids” had qualities that psychological studies have shown to translate to success on virtual workplace teams.

These qualities include what psychologists call the Big Five personality traits – extraversion, agreeableness, openness, conscientiousness and neuroticism, as well as computer-mediated communication skills and technology readiness.
      Read the article here.
      Join the legion of lost souls. Come to Dark Citadel Broadcasting on Twitch! Also check out the official Fever Clan Channel.

Current Playlist: Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda

Help the Fever community by joining the Content Creation team! We would LOVE to have you! PM efgodlike, Hemera, Requ1em, or myself if you want more info or have questions!
    2. 04-17-2017, 01:15 PM
      I saw this on USA Today and thought it would be interesting enough to share.

Originally Posted by USA Today
      It’s a sentiment expressed by generations of parents since Pong began invading unsuspecting households in 1975. But what if that “stupid game” could help you get a job, and what if that same game could make you a valuable team member once you had the job?

A new study by researchers at Missouri University of Science and Tecnology found that World of Warcraft (WoW) gamers who were successful working as a team in “raids” had qualities that psychological studies have shown to translate to success on virtual workplace teams.

These qualities include what psychologists call the Big Five personality traits – extraversion, agreeableness, openness, conscientiousness and neuroticism, as well as computer-mediated communication skills and technology readiness.
      Read the article here.
      Twitter Facebook Google+
    3. Sergeant Major
      Sergeant Major (MSG)
      United States

Main Game
      World of Warcraft
      Fever Coins
      5,900 Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.

04-17-2017, 06:20 PM
      I should be a high valued employee if that's case, cause of how much WoW I've played over the years. :P
    4. 04-17-2017, 06:20 PM
      I should be a high valued employee if that's case, cause of how much WoW I've played over the years. :P
    5. Leave of Absence
      Clan Warrant Officer 2
      Canada

Main Game
      Smite
      Nickname
      The Smite Iron Man
      Fever Coins
      26,550 Interesting! Warcraft may help you find a job.

04-20-2017, 07:47 PM
      Working volunteer (as an officer) was something I put on resumes and helped me get one of my first jobs post-college (community management) which led me on the path to working in the video game industry (Ubisoft).

Anything that you dedicate enough time to can be used as experience if you really make a case for why it is relevant
    6. 04-20-2017, 07:47 PM
      Working volunteer (as an officer) was something I put on resumes and helped me get one of my first jobs post-college (community management) which led me on the path to working in the video game industry (Ubisoft).

Anything that you dedicate enough time to can be used as experience if you really make a case for why it is relevant
    7. Likes |Fever| Clavat liked this post