Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for rpgs to fill my time

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

Looking for rpgs to fill my time

Hey if anyone can help me, I'm looking for JRPG's to play, and would preferably play turn based if available.

Any ideas would be great and feel free to tell me of some that you played and had a great time playing.

Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer
    Vetted Officer (VO)
    United States

User Info Menu

My favorite would be Final Fantasy X but you've probably already played that.

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

Yea, loved it. Was definitely my favorite of the FF series when they were true rpgs

Clan Officer
    Major
    Major (MJR)
    United States

User Info Menu

It's not a JRPG but a CRPG, Divinity: Original Sin 2. Amazing story, roleplay, and customization with an excellent turn based combat system. Think of it as a modern and polished Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights. Plenty of youtube vids and twitch streams of it if interested. Also offers up to 4 player co-op so hit me up if you get it

Clan Officer
    Colonel
    Colonel (COL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matchaos View Post
    Hey if anyone can help me, I'm looking for JRPG's to play, and would preferably play turn based if available.

Any ideas would be great and feel free to tell me of some that you played and had a great time playing.
    Are you a pc only kind of guy ? Just to know what to work with and such

Dont look away , Wolfish will always see you

Non-Member
    United States

User Info Menu

pc, ps4, pretty much any console, its just so hard to find ones that i havnt played

Clan Member
    First Sergeant
    First Sergeant (1SGT)
    United States

User Info Menu

Disgaea 1, 2 (more if you go to playstation or switch) which is strategy/turn based/grindy kind.

Tales of Symponia, Tales of Zestriria, Tales of Berseria which is kinda story with a bit of strategy combat.

Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, Hong Kong which are scifi magic turn based stradegy.

most of the final fantasy's are great the new ones are kinda dumb down play wise but good stories with grindy bits.

Old school baldur's gate and fallout 1,2, and kinda tactics are good choices.

Transistor is a new school take on the genre very story driven but can be played fast paced or slow and methodical.

Undertale retro with a new spin

Pillars of Eternity similar to baulders gate and fallout in new gen graphics.

Clan Officer
    Colonel
    Colonel (COL)
    United States

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matchaos View Post
    pc, ps4, pretty much any console, its just so hard to find ones that i havnt played
    Trust me there is hundreds youd have to go through. What were your favorite ?

Dont look away , Wolfish will always see you

Clan Member
    Private First Class
    Private First class (PFC)
    United States

User Info Menu

If you are willing to hit up emulators, you could try the Parasite Eve series that started on the PS1. I have always been a fan of FFVIII. Could always play Chrono Trigger or Legend of Dragoon. If you hit the PS2 era of games, there is the Arc the Lad series. Might be a bit outside your genre but Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was fantastic (PS1). Dark Cloud(PS2). You could try any of the Tales series of games. There is also the Breath of Fire series. I hope some of these might help you.

Clan Member
    1st Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant (1LT)
    Germany

User Info Menu

Battle Chasers Nightwar, Teraniga, Skies of Arcadia [Skies of Arcadia Legends]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast